Eighth;

Why?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First day at Work.

“Saeji!”

“Goddammit!”

“Fix this!”

“Get out!”

Boom, clash, pow… For the whole day, I sat on my seat, my head resting on my palms as I tap my finger impatiently on the wooden table. So what does a Private Consultant do? Bore herself to death? Listen to her boss swear at the other employees? Probably all of the above.

I turned my swivel chair to face the busy streets and sleek skyscrapers of Seoul. “Ms. No?” Entered a very tired Saeji – my my, poor Saeji.

I frowned at the distressed secretary and offered her a seat in front of me but she shook her head. “What happened to you?” I asked.

“Mr. Jeon.. needs you, like right now. Bring a pen and a notepad and dash quickly to his office,” She bit her lower lip and hugged her thick files tightly. “Go!”

Sensing danger –and probably fear- in her raspy voice, I pulled a notepad and a pen and dashed for it. I took a quick breather in front of Mr. Jeon’s office, fixed my hair and knocked. A faint ‘Come in’ replied and I entered, slowly.

Mr. Jeon’s back was facing me as he faced the Han River. “I asked for you 3 minutes and 29 seconds ago,” He turned to face me and I gasped as his cold brown eyes gazed at me. “What took you so long?” He added and a smug smirk appeared on his face – God, if you only know how much I want to wipe that smirk, lock it in a jar and drop it into the depths of Marianas Trench, if only.

“Ms. No, since you’re new, I’ll be considerate for now,” He sat on his chair, faced me and smirked. “ But I can’t always be considerate of your actions. So please do come in time next time I ask for you.” He said and wore his grey blazer.

He was fixing his blazer when his eyes found me and cocked an eyebrow. “Where’s your coat?” He asked. “I left it at-“I was not finish talking when a black coat flew towards me and hit me straight into my mouth.

I held the black coat in my arms and shot Mr. Jeon a confuse look which he answered with an aloof chuckle. “Come on now, you wasted so much time.” He said and his cold hand wrapped itself around my wrist.

“Come where?”

“Just shut up, Ms. No.”

 

 

Mr. Jeon’s car stopped in front of a 5 star restaurant. He took his seatbelt off and opened the door to let himself out. Perplexed, I did the same as Mr. Jeon and went out. “Took you long enough,” He said – wait, I heard that before!

As we entered the restaurant, Mr. Jeon grab a hold of my wrist a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter