Chapter 5

Wallpaper

Lay slowly woke up to the smell of pancakes, he let out a groan as he stretched out on the bed noticing the absence of Joonmyun. He quickly looked around and saw that he was not in the room, which brought a pout to his face as he made his way to the kitchen. His pout only depend when he realized that Suho wasn’t in there either.

 

“Do you know where Joonmyun is?”

 

Jongdae shrugged “I’m not sure, I think Jongin dragged him somewhere.”

 

“Jongin?” Lay vaguely remembered Kai almost taking Suho away last night, “Do you when they’ll be back?”

 

“Sorry, I didn’t think to ask but I’m sure it wont be long before they come back.” With that said Jongdae left the kitchen with two plates in tow.

 

Lay just pouted, he just really had wanted to spend the day with Suho but it looked like that wasn’t going to happen. After finishing his breakfast he went to his room to get his phone debating if he should just call Suho and ask what time they would be back. Before he could change his mind he hit the call button.

 

After a few rings there was an answer “Hello?”

 

Just hearing his voice brought a smile to Lay face, “Hey Joonmyun, its Yixing.”

 

“what’s up?”

 

Lay hesitated in answering, he didn't want to come off as needy “Oh umm… sorry to call you its just that… umm….”

 

“Is everything ok?”

 

Lay could feel himself blushing “Yeah everything is fine I just-”

 

Suddenly Lay heard a scuffle in the other side of the phone and then a new voice “Who you talking to hyung?”

 

“Jongin give it back, its Yixing.”

 

Kai shook his head as he put the phone to his ear “Hyung I’m sure that whatever the reason you called it can wait. Sumo is helping me with something. See you later.”

 

“No , Jongin don’t!” was the last thing Lay heard before the line got disconnected.

 

Lay just glared sown at his phone, he would just have to wait for their leader to get home.

 

Later in the afternoon Lay was watching tv in the living room with Chen and Baekhyun glancing at the front door overtime it would open in hopes of it being Suho which so far was not.

Finally Jongin walked in, Lay immediately ran up to him “Where is Joonmyun?”

 

Kai pouted a bit “Well hello to you too.”

 

Lay flushed a bit for his eagerness “Sorry, hi Jongin.”

 

Kai was about to answer When Lay started to speak again “So where is he?”

 

Kai just sighed in defeat “He just dropped me off, he said he needed to go see something.”

 

“See what?”

 

Kai shrugged “He probably told me but i was kinda busy texting Kyungsoo so i don't think I was paying attention.

 

Lay felt like punching him but restrained himself “You are no help at all.”

 

Jongin frowned “Well aren’t you a ray of sunshine today.”

 

“Don’t worry he’ll be fine when Suho gets here.” Baekhyun answered from the living room where he was currently cuddling with Chen.

 

After hearing that Lay started to walk toward his room looking over his shoulder to say “I hate you guys.” before closing the door to his room and throwing himself on his bed. So much for them spending time together today. Which Lay was really craving especially after kind of ignoring Suho for most of the past few weeks.

 

Lay must have dozed off at some point because a little later he was being shaken awake by Suho. Lay blinked up confusedly up at him “Joonmyun?”

 

“Hey sleepy head.” Suho said with a smile 

 

‘When did you get here?”

 

“Awhile ago, maybe a few minutes after you fell asleep.”

 

At hearing this Lay sat up straight all the sleepiness gone “Why didn't you wake me up?”

 

“You must have been tired for you wanting a nap and plus you should get as much rest on these days off as you can.”

 

Lay was now full on pouting “But I was waiting for you to get home….”

 

At this Suho laughed “Oh that’s why when I got here they practically shoved me in here.”

 

Lay felt himself blush “Who they?”

 

“Well Chen, Baekhyun and Jongin.”

 

“I am going to kill them.”

 

Suho let out another laugh “Where you waiting for me?”

 

Now Lay just wanted the floor to opne up and swallow him but since that wasn’t going to happen he had to settle to duck under his blanket when he answered “Yes….”

 

“Why?”

 

Now Lay wanted to punch Suho “Because….”

 

“Aw come on Yixing tell me.”

 

“Because I thought we where going to spend all day together.”

 

That wiped out the smile that Suho had “Well we where, but Jongin dragged me out because he needed help with Kyungsoo’s present.”

 

“But Jongin came back without you.”

 

“Because I was planning something that the two of us could go to without having anybody interfere and come bother us.”

 

Lay felt his heart swell at hearing this, Suho was seriously a sweetheart. Lay peeked out of his blanket to look at Suho “What you plan?”

 

“Well I got an empty dance practice room and kinda made it into a mini theater for two.”

 

Now Lay launched himself at the unsuspecting Suho causing both of them to tumble over the bed and land with a thump on the floor.

 

“Ow.” Was all that Suho was able to say before Lay was attacking him with kisses all over his face.

 

“You are seriously the best!”

 

Now it was the older mans turn to blush, Lay quickly got off Suho and was on his feet trying to pull Suho up as well. “Well come on, let’s go.”

 

“Yixing I don’t think we can anymore.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Well for one its really late and we have an early practice tomorrow.”

 

“No, Joonmyun we have to go. I can’t let your effort be wasted that woukdn’t be fair. Plus its not late its barley going to be 10pm.”

 

“I don’t know, we are going to be very tired tomorrow then.” Suho tried not to look at Lay because he knew one look at him and he would cave, he had to be a responsible leader no matter what and he had to… was that Lay pouting at him???

 

One look at Lay’s puppy dog eyes and Suho was caving in “Fine but we wont stay long maybe just a very short movie and some pizza and we are coming straight back home ok.”

 

Lay just rolled his eyes “Fine, but later on when we look back at our first date its going to be your fault that it was so short.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

With a pizza that they had bought they headed into the practice room, “Yixing wait, before you go in I just wanted to say that please don’t expect to much I only had a bit to do this and I didn’t really have a lot of options on what to use.”

 

Lay just gave him on of those dimple simle that made Suho weak on the knees “Its ok with anything you did. Just with the fact that you tried at all is enough for me to already love it.”

 

Suho let out a sigh, he was still super nervous about Lay seeing his poor attempt to make them a date in such short notice.

 

When Lay stepped inside his eyes widen, Suho made it sound like there was a laptop and some cushions for them to sit it on but that wasn't what was waiting for them.

 

There was a laptop but it was connected to one of the projectors that they had and it was pointed towards on of the white walls, making the whole wall a huge screen. For chairs their was a bunch of cushions and pillows making a short of big pile for them to sit on but that was not all it was sort of set up like a….

 

“Is that a fort?” Lay asked causing Suho to blush.

 

“Yes.”

 

On each side of the pile of cushions was a chair with a sheet tossed over it making it a simple but beautiful fort in Lay’s eyes.

 

Seeing as Lay wasn’t saying much Suho was getting fidgety with how nervous he was, he was half expecting Lay to just turn around and leave the room. “I know its not much but I hope you don’t mind and I promise that next time I will try better to make it more special and-”

 

He was cut off by Lay kissing him. “What was that for?”

 

Lay shrugged “Oh you know…” Lay’s cheeks turned a faint pink color “For you just being you and as a thank you for this wonderful date.”

 

Suho laughed “It hasn’t even started.”

 

“Yeah well, just me being on a date with you is enough to make it special.”

Suho ducked his head to hide the blossoming blush on his cheeks, he cleared his throat “Yeah well , shall we?”

 

Lay was in charge of picking a movie which he was going to be sure to pick a long one while Suho was buying their drinks from the vending machine down the hall.

 

When Suho returned Lay had already put in the movie “What you choose?”

 

Lay just gave him a smile and gestured him to sit down “Come on lets eat.”

 

Suho gave him a weird look but decided to sit down and grab a piece of pizza, he was starving.

 

Once the movies opening scene began Suho threw a glare at Lay “Is this the Avengers?”

 

Lay smiled at him “What is wrong with it? Do you not like it?”

“Thats not it. I thought I said we needed to watch a short movie, we do have to wake up at 6 in the morning tomorrow.”

 

Lay pouted at him “Aw come on Joonmyun, I didn’t like any of the other movies…” seeing that Suho didn’t really believe it he went on “Plus we don’t have to finish it, we can watch half of it and for our next date we can finish it.”

 

“Alright fine but I say when its time to go home.”

 

Lay was now positively beaming “You got it.”

 

Except they didn’t even make it to half the movie. After finishing the pizza’s they both laid down under the fort cuddling with each other, Lay gently cradled in Suho’s arms when they both drifted of to sleep with the movie playing in the background. 

 

 

 

***  Authors Note***

 

Rant up ahead ignore it

 

And here is the long awaited 5th chapter. You guys have no idea how bad I feel about making you wait so freaking long for this update. I had just kinda had lost the inspiration to write anything, I would sit down with a blank page in front of me and just stare at it for awhile before quitting. I was going to a rough time nothing major just that my one and only friend stopped talking to me when she got herself a boyfriend and I just felt so lost for a long time since she is really the only friend I had, I don’t really make friends that easily at all I am too shy and well it hurt to lose her, we where friends since I was 14. But I am feeling much better now and the ideas for stories just started to pour out of me recently, it probably helped that I have been reading a lot now too but anyways here you go I really hope I can update sooner now ^.^ Sorry about the long rant just needed to get it out of my system.