Chapter 3

Wallpaper

Lay was about to change in the locker room when he realized that he had left his bag and even more importantly his phone in the dance room. With a racing heart he ran out the locker room in hopes of retrieving his phone before anybody could get their hands on it, he still hadn’t set up a password lock after Luhan took his previous one off, which meant that anybody could open it with a flick of a finger and see his wallpaper.

Lay felt his heart drop to his stomach when he enter the practice room only to see Joonmyun hilding on to his phone staring at it with eyes wide open. “Is that my phone?”

Suho’s attention snapped to the nervous looking Lay “Yixing I-”

“Why exactly do you have Joonmyun hyung as your wallpaper?” Jongdae cut in.

Lay’s eyes grew even wider “You went through my phone!”

Suho bit his lip at Lay’s outburst “Yixing I’m sorry I-”

Yet again Jongdae cut Suho off earning a glare from said man “Answer my question, why is Suho your wallpaper?”

Lay could feel himself start to panic, not knowing what else to do he sent a glare at both men “I can’t believe you would go through my phone. Well I can see Jongdae doing it but you Suho,” he glared at Suho “I’m really disappointed in you.”

He felt a pang of guilt at seeing the hurt in Suho’s face but he couldn’t let him find out how he really felt about him, he couldn’t face Joonmyun’s rejection.

Not being able to handle the look on their leader’s face he turned to leave but before he left he turned back to face Chen and before his mind could catch up with his mouth, the words were already tumbling out of his mouth “As for the picture Luhan put it there as a prank.”

As soon as he was out of the practice room he felt like ramming his head against the wall repeatedly. He couldn’t believe he talked to his Joonmyun that way, he was most definitely going to kill Luhan later.

Chen and Suho were left in shock at how cold Lay had sounded, never had they heard Lay talk to anybody that way. Chen gave a nervous glance at Suho “Hyung?” Suho gave no response making Chen nervously nibble on his lower lip “Hyung I’m sorry, I know I shouldn’t have gone through Lay’s phone or said those things to him. You’re not mad right?”

Again Chen received no response so he gently nudged Suho “You ok?”

Suho blinked once before smiling “Yeah I’m fine, just a little baffled at Yixing’s outburst.”

Chen didn’t seem convinced “You sure?”

Suho nodded with a small smile “Yeah, now come on we need to hurry and change before they leave without us.”

Jongdae frowned obviously not believing a word Suho was saying but he was willing to let it go for now. “Are you going to give Lay his phone back or do you want me to return it to him?”

“Thanks but I think I can handle giving it back to him.”

Just then Luhan walked it with a big grin on his face only for it to slide of his face when he saw Lay nowhere in sight. “Where is Yixing?”

Chen glared at him before answering “He left after basically yelling at me and Suho.”

Luhan gave them a confused look before noticing Lay’s phone in the leader’s hands. “Oh! You have Yixing’s phone.”

Joonmyun let out a sigh “Luhan next time don’t mess with Lay’s phone that way please, and here you can give it back to him for me?”

Without waiting for an answer he handed Luhan the phone and quickly walking out of the practice room. Luhan stared after him until he was out the door before turning his confused eyes to Jongdae, “What happened?”

“Nothing really, just Yixing crushing Suho’s heart.”

Luhan’s eyes doubled in their size “What do you mean?”

Chen felt like pulling his hair out in frustration “I mean that Suho saw the picture Lay had on his phone only for Lay to start yelling at him for snooping, when it was really my fault and then he went and said that the photo was only a prank from you before storming out!”  

Luhan swore he was going to slap Lay for his stupidity, “Aish, that kid! Yes it was somewhat of a prank but like days ago,” Chen opened his mouth to say something but Luhan didn’t let him “AND the only reason I did that was because I basically found him drooling over that picture.”

“Wait, Yixing likes Suho?”

Luhan rolled his eyes “I’m surprised you didn’t notice since you have been living with him the past couple of months.”

“Hey, the only reason you found out was because you caught him drooling over the picture!”

Luhan waved his hand as if to dismiss Chen’s last comment, “Alright enough, so what are we supposed to do now?”

Chen shook his head rapidly, “No, we are doing nothing. Let them figure it out.”

Luhan pouted “Aw come on, I though you would have jumped at a chance to mess with the members.”

“I would but you already tried and look on how that turned out.”

“Well, we can try a different approach.”

Chen rolled his eyes, “I don’t think so hyung.”

“Aw, please?” Luhan said pouting.

“Don’t pout at me. It doesn’t work, I’m not Sehun.”

Luhan made a face “Fine then, don’t help me. I can do it myself.”

Luhan turned to leave but Chen ran in front to block him “No, you have to promise me that you wont interfere.”

“But….”

“Hyung please?”

Luhan bit his lip as Chen’s gaze intensified, “Ugh, fine I promise I won’t interfere.”

Jongdae gave him a big smile “Thanks hyung.”

After Chen left Luhan smiled “But that means that the other members can get involved just as long as I don’t.” With that thought he took his phone out and proceeded to text the other members.

Now that they were back in the dorm Lay was starting to stress out, he still hadn’t gotten his phone back. “Damn it, I shouldn’t have yelled at Joonmyun earlier. I should have just asked for my phone back. Argh!”

He was about to go find Chen and ask him where his phone was when Sehun walked into his room. “Are you looking for your phone?”

Lay eyed him suspiciously “Yeah, why?”

“Joonmyun told me to tell you that he has it and he wants you to go get it.”

Lay immediately broke out in a nervous sweat “Can’t you go get it for me?”

Sehun shook his head “No, he said that he needed to talk to you about something important too”

“But… but….”

“He is in his room.” With that said Sehun left.

Lay buried his head in his hands, how was he suppose to even look at the leader, he couldn’t. Not after yelling at him. “What am I going to do?”

After another five minutes of debating he decided to go and face the leader like a man. He quickly made his way to Suho’s room. He stood in front of the door for a couple of seconds just staring at it, he could’t bring himself to lift his hand and knock. He took a deep breath before very slowly raising his hand but before his hand could make contact with the wood the door opened revealing a surprised looking Kai.  

“Oh, hyung.”

Lay gave him a stiff smile “Hey Jongin, where is Joonmyun?”

Kai motioned his head to the room “In here, why?”

“Oh um, Sehun told me that Joonmyun wanted to talk to me about something.”

Jongin frowned, “But hyung said…” Kai trailed of as he remembered Luhan’s text he had gotten earlier. “Oh, I mean yeah sure go in. I was just leaving.” Kai gave Lay one last smile before going out the door.

Lay walked in only to see Suho lying on his bed, one of his arms over his eyes. Lay shifted awkwardly from foot to foot, not knowing how to get the leader’s attention. “Ummm….”

“You got the asprin?” Suho said while sitting up.

Lay didn’t miss the way Suho stiffened as he noticed that it was him in the room and not Kai.

Suho cleared his throat, “Sorry I thought you were Jongin.”

A suffocating silence settled over them, both doing their best at avoiding eye contact.

“So um,” Lay started as he focused his gaze on his shoes “Why do you need asprin?”

“Just a slight headache.”

“Oh,” Lay waited for Suho to elaborate but Suho made no move to do so. “So why did you-”

“I’m sorry Yixing but can you please leave, I want to be alone.”

Lay frowned “But Sehun said you wanted to talk to me.”

No it was Suho’s turn to frown “I said no such thing.”

Another uncomfortable silence fell over them. Lay bit his bottom lip niot sure if he could ask Suho about his phone. “Can I at least have my phone back?”

“I don’t have it, I gave it to Luhan. Now if you would please leave.”

With a heavy heart Lay quickly left the room and headed for the living room but as he was walking towards the living room he saw Kai go back in the leader’s room with a glass of water. Lay stood there for a couple of minutes waiting for Kai to come back out but the minutes ticked by but the door still remained closed.

Curiosity got the best out of him and he tip toed towards the leader’s room and quietly pressed his ear against the door. He couldn’t really make anything out of what was being said inside other than a few muffled talking.

“Why are you eavesdropping?”

Lay jumped away from the door as if he was burned “Kyungsoo! You scared me.”

“Why are you spying on Joonmyun?”

Lay felt his face heat up in embarrassment “I wasn’t! I was just worried!”

“Uh huh, sure.”

Lay pouted “I’m serious.”

D.O smiled “Yeah, I believe you.”

D.O shook his head at how cute Lay was acting.

“Kyungsoo?”

“Hmm?”

“Can you get Jongin for me.”

D.O gave him a confused look “Why?”

“Just because…” Lay bit his bottom lip as he tried to quickly think of a reasonable reason “I need to ask him something.”

“Where is he?”

Lay’s cheeks flushed red “In Joonmyun’s room.”

“And why can’t you go get him instead of eavesdropping?”

“Because! Would you just go get him for me please?”

D.O shook his head “Not until you tell me the reason that you don’t want to go in Joonmyun’s room?”

Lay pouted “Forget it.” With a pout Lay headed to his room to sulk in peace.

Back in Suho’s room said man was despretley trying to get the younger one out of his room. “Jongin, I already said thanks for the asprin.”

Kai just blinked back at Suho and gave him a smile.

Suho let out a sigh “Is there something you want to talk about?”

Kai quickly nodded “Yes.”

“Go ahead then.”

Kai hesitated for a second before continuing “Did you and Yixing hyung have an argument?”
 

Suho felt his body stiffen “No, why would you ask?”

“Yeah sure, tell me the truth.”

“It’s nothing really, just a little misunderstanding.”

“Misunderstanding about what?”

Suho gave Kai a small smile “Nothing really, just a silly misunderstanding. But don’t worry I’ll make sure to clear things up tomorrow.”

“But hyung….”

“Can this wait until tomorrow? I’m really tired.”

Kai sighed “Fine, but please make up soon, I don’t like to see you sad.”

Suho smiled “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.”

“OK, goodnight hyung.”

“Goodnight.”

As soon as the door closed behind Kai, Suho’s smile slipped off his face. Truth be told, he was crushed at how cold Lay had treated him earlier. He knew he was partially at fault for not stopping Chen look through Lay’s phone but that didn’t make his heart ache any less.”

Now that he thought about it Lay had been avoiding him for awhile, maybe that was what was going on during dance practice. Lay wanted a new partner but didn’t want to say it in front of Suho. Had he done something to upset the younfer without his knowledge? He couldn’t think of any moment in which he could have done or said something to offend or annoy Lay. Instead of dwelling with those thought Suho decided that sleep would be better now. The leader fell into a fitful sleep that night.

The next morning Suho still couldn’t figure out what he could have possibly had done to Lay to make him act the way he was acting towards him. So Suho decided that if Lay wanted space he would give him space until he figured it out and apologize to Lay or until Lay himself tells Suho what he had done to make him angry.

So Suho decided to avoid Lay as much as he could and of course this didn’t sit well with the dancer.

After a few days of Lay getting ignored by the leader, Lay cornered Luhan. “Did you say something to Joonmyun?”

“About what?”

“About you know….”

Luhan suddenly smirked as he saw someone behind Lay “The picture?”

“No! about the other thing.” Lay said, his face flushing pink.

“What other thing?”

Lay felt his heart plummet, he knew that voice. He slowly turned around to see a confused looking Suho. Lay felt like he was going to pass out on how fast his heart was beating.

“What other thing?” Suho asked again.

Luhan took this as his cue to leave, “well I’ll let you two talk this out by yourselves.”

Lay tried to follow Luhan out only to be stopped by Suho holding onto his shoulder “Yixing?”

“I’m so screwed.” Lay thought before taking a deep breath and turning to face Suho.

 

 

***I am a bad author a very bad author OTL sorry for making you guys wait for soooo long….***