Chapter 2

Wallpaper

 

Joonmyun jumped and dropped the phone at hearing Yixing speak. Before he could bend and pick up the phone it was quickly snatched up. Joonmyun blinked at the empty spot where the phone was seconds before.

Yixing gave him a small smile hesitant smile “Sorry it just, this is my phone.”

Joonmyun blinked confusedly at Lay “But then why did Luhan say that I had to see something on the phone?”

Lay opened and closed his mouth a couple of times trying to come up with something quick “It’s just that during the plan ride he lend me his to listen to music and he used mine, I guess we forgot to switch back.”

“Oh, then can I see Luhan’s?

“Luhan’s what?”

Joonmyun gave Lay an endearing smile “His phone.”

“I don’t have it.”

Suho tilted his head in confusion “But you just said that you guys forgot to switch back.”

Yixing bit his lip, what was he suppose to say now “I um… I left it in the van!”

“Oh. I guess I’ll just ask him to show me later then.”

Yixing nodded and shifted awkwardly on his feet not knowing if he should stay with Suho or go find another member. Suho smiled at Yixing’s behavior, he patted the spot next to him “Stop being so awkward and come sit next to me.”

Lay swallowed thickly not knowing if he could survive sitting next to him, especially with his hair looking like it did. He took a tentative step forward before stopping “Ah I think Kris is calling me.”

Suho frowned “I didn’t hear him.”

Lay giggled nervously before starting to walk backwards “I definitely heard him and I better go before he gets mad.”

“But-”

Before Suho could say anything else Lay turned around and ran towards the direction where the rooms where leaving Suho alone with a heartbroken expression in the living room.

A few minutes later Jongin walked in, a soda in his hand “What’s with the face?”

“Where is Kris?”

Jongin shrugged “I think he is in Chanyeol and Beakhyun’s room with Tao.”

“And Lay?”

“He is with Sehun and Luhan.”

Suho gave him a sad smile “Oh ok.”

Jongin frowned “Something wrong?”

Suho smiled brightly this time “No I’m fine.”

“I know something is bothering you, now tell me.”

“Don’t worry I’m just a bit out of it right now.”

Jongin stayed quiet for a bit before deciding to sit next to Suho “Hyung you know we love you right?”

Suho laughed as Jongin snuggled next to him “Yeah I know.”

“Good now stop with that sad face and come with me.”

“Where?”

“To my room of course so you won’t be alone here, plus Jongdae and Minseok are there too.”

Joonmyun gave Jongin a sincere smile for Kai’s efforts to make him feel better, sometime he really loved s.

                                                                                                -

The next day they all were waiting in the practice room for their instructor so they could finally start practicing for their comeback song. Lay was frowning staring at Suho and Kai, ever since last night Kai would not leave the leaders side, much to Yixing’s disappointment. He even asked Kyungsoo if he and Kai had an argument, which Kyungsoo only replied with a confused look and a “Why do you ask?” Lay told him that Kai was spending a lot of time with Suho which caused Kyungsoo to go into a giggling fit causing Lay’s frown to deepen.

“Yah! Why are you laughing?”

“I’m sorry it’s just your so cute.”

Lay glared at the doe eyed boy “Don’t call me cute and why are you still laughing?”

Kyungsoo just shook his head “No reason, now come on the instructor is here.”

They both stood and listen to the instructor explaining their new dance routine to them and with seeping dread Yixing realized that he was partner up with Joonmyun when it came to the part to form  the tree of life.

“Ok now everyone get into formation.”

Yixing gulped as he shot a nervous glance to Luhan who gave a wink in return. Lay in a nervous breath in. As Joonmyun gave him an encouraging smile. Yixing’s hands where beginning to sweat and he hadn’t even grabbed onto Suho’s hand yet. With a nervous glance toward Joonmyu, Yixing grabbed his hand and they both began to lean backwards, both tightly grasping onto each other. Lay almost let out a squeak when he felt Joonmyun slide his leg in between his, due to his surprise he accidently let go of Joonmyun’s hand resulting the leader to fall backwards landing on his back with a painful groan.

Lay gasped “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to let go.”

Suho winced as he sat up “It’s alright.”

Lay bit his lip as he helped Joonmyun back up to his feet “I really am sorry, I just…”

Suho shook his head “I said it was fine, accidents happen. No need to apologize.”

Except it kept happening, Lay would let go of Suho’s hand causing the leader to fall over and over again. Lay knew that Suho was going to gain a big bruise later on and all because he couldn’t concentrate enough with Suho in front of him, giving him encouraging smiles.

Hearing a hiss of pain come out of the leader their dance instructor called for a break and called Yixing over. “Is everything ok?”

Lay felt the guilt settle in his chest “Yeah, I’ve just been kinda distracted lately.”

The instructor let out a sigh “Look if you didn’t want to be paired up with Suho you could have just told me instead of dropping him like that.”

“W-what? No! That’s not what I… that’s not it at all.”

“Whatever you say Yixing, but if you drop him one more time I’m switching you guys. Got it?”

Lay weakly nodded.

Practice started and Lay was doing his hardest to ignore Suho and he was doing fine until he had to grab onto Suho again. He made it through the first part of it alright and he thought that he was going to make it when Suho let go of him to sing his part but he had totally forgotten that he had to grab on to Suho again resulting in the leader ending up on the floor again.

“Ok Suho and Lay you guys are getting new partners.”

Lay let out a groan as he laid on the floor “I didn’t mean to drop him.”

“Yeah sure you didn’t.”

Lay glared at Chen, who held his hands up and shrugged his shoulders “I’m just saying the first maybe three times sure it was a mistake but now….”

Shut up Chen.”

Suho waved his hands as if to get their attention “You guys stop arguing plus I don’t mind changing partners.”

Lay felt his heart drop “But I don’t want to cha-”

The instructor clapped his hands to make everyone quiet “Ok then, Suho you’ll go with Minseok and Lay with Chanyeol.”

Lay quickly stood up and before he could even think properly about what he was about to do, he made his way to Suho who was rubbing his back and grabbed onto his arm “Please don’t switch us, I promise I’ll do better tomorrow.”

Suho stared wide eyed at Yixing not expecting that from the younger male at all “Yixing?”

“You ok with this Suho?”

Suho looked at the dance instructor then back at Lay not really knowing what to answer until he saw Lay pouting at him. “Its… fine. As long as I don’t get dropped again.”

The dance instructor let out a sigh “OK fine then I guess we’ll continue tomorrow.”

Yixing smiled brightly until he saw the smirk Sehun was wearing. Yixing blinked confusedly at the younger one until Sehun tilted his head slightly. Yixing turned to wear Sehun was indicating and that’s when he realized that he was still clinging onto Suho.

“Yixing, can you let go now I really want to change and just lie down.”

Lay immediately let go of the leader and practically made a run for the locker room, he even ignored Suho calling out for him.

The leader pouted “After dropping me so much the least he could have done was walk with me to the locker room.”

Sehun patted the older male on the back “I think he is just embarrassed hyung.”

Suho frowned “Embarrassed? Embarrassed about what?”

Sehun shrugged “Here he let his bag and his cellphone behind.”

“Why are you giving it to me?”

The maknae left without responding leaving a frowning leader looking at Lay’s phone. Sehun ran towards Luhan with a wide smile “Hyung, I did it!”

Luhan smile “Great! Now all I have to do is text him and hopefully Lay hasn’t changed his wallpaper.”

Back with the leader, Suho was struggling to carry Yixing’s bag while his back was still throbbing with pain. He saw Chen walking towards him “Hey can you help me with this?”

“Sure hyung.”

Suho gave him a grateful smile and just as he handed Jongdae Lay’s back, the phone signaled that Yixing had a new message. Chen eyed the phone curiously “Got a new phone hyung?”

“What? Oh, no this is Lay’s.”

A playful smile appeared in Chen’s face, making Suho feel unsettled for an unknown reason. “Can I see it?”

Now Suho knew why, he frowned “No, you are not snooping around Lay’s phone.”

“Aw come on hyung, please?” Chen asked with a pout.

“No.”

“Fine…” Before Suho knew what was going on Chen had snatched the phone from his hand and ran a bit ahead knowing that Suho couldn’t run after him without aggravating his back more than it was.

“Kim Jongdae give that back!”

Surprisingly Chen listened to him which made Suho take step back not knowing what exactly was Chen’s intention causing Jongdae to smile at the leader’s reaction.

“I think you might find something interesting in Lay’s phone hyung.”

“I have no intention on going through Lay’s phone without his permission.”

Chen smirked “Well good thing that I’m here then.”

Suho almost fell backwards at having Chen practically Lay’s phone in his face. Suho was about to yell at Chen when he saw the picture that was in Lay’s phone. “Is that… is that me?”

Chen nodded “Yup and guess what, it’s his wallpaper!”

“But why would Lay have a picture of me as his….” Suho trailed off not knowing on how to make sense at what he was seeing.

“Looks like our unicorn has a crush on our leader.”

 

 

***Wow this took forever to write OTL serious writters block after coming back from vacation and school wasn't helping but finally the next chapter is up, hope I didn't disappoint too much ^^***