Chapter 9

Vampire Next Door

"Jessica, my dear," said the man in the center of the room. He extended his pale hands towards me. "Do not be afraid." I looked up at Kris, who continued to stare at the man without any expression on his handsome face. I felt scared and unsure as I gripped Kris arm tightly. "No one is going to hurt you." The man in the center of the room gave me a handsome, kind smile. I stared at his hand skeptically. He then finally lowered it. "Your suspicions are completely understandable." Placing his hands behind his back, he started to pace in a slow, small circle. "Telling you everything now is very premature, but someone just had to abruptly spill the secret." He then stopped in front of Bora, who looked up at him with a small hint of disgust and defiance in her eyes. The man struck her face hard and then gripped her chin. Bora stared at the man with such fury in her eyes. Their faces centimeters apart, he just gave her a pitiful smile. "How many times are you going to disobey me?" He then released her and turned back towards me. "I apologize for her actions." I just shook my head.

"It was me who begged her to tell me," I muttered. "She just did what I asked."

"Yes, but her orders were to stay silent," said the man. "Doesn't matter now, you already know so what is the point in hiding everything from you now." The man then made a dismissive gesture with his hand and everyone cleared the room. Soyou walked out with Kai right behind her; Bora was dragged out by the two guys who were guarding her. My heart ached at her hurt appearance. As she was moved past me, she did not even glance my way. "You too Kris." I clutched his arm harder and stared at him with a pleading look. His dark eyes stared back at me with a look of reassurance. He slowly pulled his arm from my grasp, took one of my hands, and then leaned towards my ear. 

"He won't hurt you, I promise," he whispered. After giving me a small, reassuring squeeze of my hand, he left the room as well. I watched as he disappeared behind the door. A cold shiver of fear ran down my spine as I found myself alone with the man. 

"My name is Do Min Joon," said the man. "And I am the leader of this clan." The word clan completely took me off guard. Clan? I thought that clans were just part of the stereotypical vampire fantasies. I stared at the man skeptically. "I am also your father." My body went numb. Do Min Joon smiled at me as I absorbed his word. I shook my head.

"That's impossible," I muttered. "I know my father." My eyes dropped to the floor. Do Min Joon chuckled at my speechlessness.

"That oaf?" Do Min Joon then broke out into laughter. "You believe that that idiot was your father?" Now my emotions went from shock to anger.

"Don't talk about him like that," I yelled at him. He stopped laughing and smiled at me again. 

"Let me explain Jessica," said Do Min Joon. "Vampires, we are invincible, but we do not live forever. Our aging progresses at a much slower rate compared to humans." I just stared at him silently. "Which means, I won't be the leader of this clan forever and someone else will have to take my place." I slowly processed his words, but I was not following where he was going. "I just could not stand the idea of someone replacing me." Then, Do Min Joon started pacing again. "Then, I decided that I needed to produce an heir. An heir to take over my position as leader of the clan, but I could not just pick someone to be the heir. I needed someone with a connection to me; someone who could not genetically betray me." Do Min Joon stopped pacing, turned towards me, and approached me. "You were apart of an experiment. Vampires are generally known to be infertile. Some have tried, but the offspring never survived." The smile on his face grew as he continued. "Your mother was chosen along with other human women, and you were the only one who survived." I gagged at the images that just came into my mind. "Everything was going great, until your mother decided she wanted to protect you." A frown grew on Do Min Joon's face. "Along with that idiot human." He turned away from me and began pacing again. "They hid you away from me, but that doesn't matter anymore because you have returned to me." He turned back towards me with a look of hope in his dark eyes. I shuttered as he came close to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "You are my daughter." I stepped away from him.

"Wait a minute," I said with my eyes glued to the floor. "If I am your daughter, then..." I was slowly connecting the dots. Do Min Joon smiled.

"My vampire blood runs through your veins Jessica," said Do Min Joon. That was when I lost all my feeling in my legs and I somehow ended up in the floor. Do Min Joon just continued smiling at me as my world seemed to fall apart. Everything that I thought I knew about myself disappeared at that moment. 

Who am I?

 


I am very sorry for the long wait for this chapter update.

I hit a huge writer's block, which is why this chapter is so short.

Thanks so much for reading!

I hope you guys liked it, and I hope you guys keep reading!

I promise to try harder to keep the updates coming!