Chapter 12

Vampire Next Door

"Who are you?" I asked the man who was obviously a vampire. He smiled a creepy smile as his dark eyes danced with amusement. 

"My name is Lee Jaekyung," said the man. "I am the leader of the Kuro vampire clan." My blood went icy as Jaekyung introduced himself. "You're friend Suho here works for me." My head snapped towards Suho, who remained expressionless. I yanked my hand from his and took a couple steps away from him. "You see, when we located you in the United States after your mother and her lover took you there, we sent Suho there to get close to you and keep an eye on you." I continued to stare at Suho with betrayal in my eyes. Suho did not look at me; he continued to stare at Jaekyung. "I knew Do Min Joon would eventually force you back to South Korea, and he did," continued Jaekyung. He placed his hands behind his back and started to pace. Tears started to prick at my eyes as hurt and betrayal swirled inside me. "Now you are here." I forced my attention back to Jaekyung and glared at him. My glare seemed to amuse him as his smile grew. 

"What do you want with me?" I asked with as much effort to hide my fear. Jaekyung started moving towards me with slow steps and a smile on his pale lips. He definitely seemed younger than Do Min Joon, but I could never guess his age. He had dark, black hair that was slicked down, which made his appearance more regal and mature. Now, he stood a foot away from me, and I could feel my legs start to lose their strength. 

"Nothing really," said Jaekyung. "I am just going to use you as leverage against Do Min Joon." After he said those words, three other figures stepped out of the shadows. Their pale skin and dark eyes confirmed what they were. I swallowed my fear and tried to hide it, but Jaekyung saw it in my eyes and smiled. He then turned towards one of the figures that appeared, a male with a very large build. "Tie her up." Within a second, the buff vampire was behind me and locking me in chains. He then dragged me to one of the warehouse walls and locked the chain around one of the large metal rods against the wall. Suho didn't move from his spot. I collapsed on the dirt floor and couldn't hold back the tears anymore. 

A lot of time passed, I am not sure how much. My wrists started to hurt from the iron shackles that locked me up and my throat was beginning to feel dry. Jaekyung was conversing with the other three vampires across the room from me. Suho stood against the wall a couple of feet away from me, but he hasn't looked at me once. I glanced up at him.

"Suho," I said softly. He didn't even react to the sound of my voice. I my dry lips. "Is it possible to get some water?" Suho's eyes flashed to Jaekyung, who gave him a slight nod. Suho nodded back and sped to the other side of the warehouse to what looked like an old refrigerator. I was surprised to see that it was still working. Suho pulled a bottle of water from it and sped back to me. His eyes never landed on me as they were glued to the dirt floor. His hand extended the water towards me. I raised both of my shackled wrists in order to grab it. Once I had the bottle in hand, Suho returned to his spot. 

More time passed, and I was starting to feel very fatigued and hungry. My stomach growled very loudly and I felt my cheeks beginning to feel hot. After hearing the sound, Suho moved from the wall and joined the group of vampires. They discussed something after a short while, and then Suho left the warehouse. 

"How long do I have to stay here?" I asked softly, but I knew that they could hear me. Jaekyung turned towards me and smiled.

"There are no plans in releasing you," he replied. Then, suddenly, the heavy metal doors of the warehouse burst open and a figure walked in. Tears came to my eyes as I saw Kris. His dark eyes scanned the room and landed on me, who was still shackled to the wall. After seeing me, his eyes started to glow red, but it was a dimmer red than I remember. The four vampires turned towards Kris with glowing red eyes. 

"Jaekyung," growled Kris. Jaekyung smiled at him.

"Kris," said Jaekyung. "So glad you could join us." Kris glared at him menacingly. "Are you alone?" Kris remained silent. "You didn't bring any backup?" Jaekyung began to laugh. "Just you, alone?" The other three vampires began to smile. "Normally I would be terrified by the mighty Kris, but you don't look so good." Jaekyung cocked his head to the side. "Have you not been feeding enough lately." Panic and worry started to fill my chest. He isn't feeding? His clenched fists began to relax and his glare started to soften.

"You are right," said Kris in defeat. "I am not strong enough to take all of you on." Jaekyung bellowed out a loud chuckle.

"Then why did you come?" he asked. Kris then looked towards me.

"I had to make sure she was alright," replied Kris.

"Aw how sweet," said Jaekyung. "Tie him up." The buff vampire chained Kris up to the wall next to me and then smacked him across the back of the head. Kris winced from the impact. I glared at the buff vampire until he left the two of us, then my attention turned towards Kris.

"Are you alright?" I asked. Kris chuckled. 

"Here you are, having been kidnapped and chained to a wall, and you are asking me if I am alright," he said and he shook his head. Then, his dark eyes connected with mine. "Are you okay?" I nodded my head and he sighed with relief. "I'm sorry I am not much help." I shook my head and gave him a smile.

"I am glad you are here." After more time passed, Suho returned with a plastic bag with an aroma of delicious food radiating from it. My stomach growled again. Once Kris saw Suho, his icy glare returned. Suho's eyes didn't look at either one of us as he dropped the bag in front of me and returned to his position silently. Eating with your hands shackled together is very difficult, but I somehow managed. After more time passed, I began to feel very sleepy. Sensing my fatigue, Kris scooted closer to me and patted his thigh. I just stared at him confused. 

"You need to sleep," he said. I nodded my head and then placed it on his thigh. My heart began to quicken and I couldn't fall asleep right away. Soon enough, I could not keep my eyes open anymore and I fell asleep. "Jessica, wake up." My eyelids slowly lifted and I remembered where I was. The warehouse was very dark since the sun was no longer in the sky and only a tiny sliver of moonlight was the only light that bled through the cracked roof. "This is our chance." I sat up and looked around the now empty warehouse. Suho was gone as well. "Now if only I had the strength to break these chains," muttered Kris as he tried to pull apart his hands. Then an idea popped into my head.

"You need blood don't you?" I asked as I leaned my face toward his. He eyed me suspiciously.

"What are you planning?" he asked. I then extended my neck towards him.

"You can drink," I said with a shaky voice. Kris shook his head.

"No," he said. "I promised to never hurt you." I turned back towards him and glared. 

"This is the only way," I said. "This way you can save me." Kris looked anxiously around the room and then nodded his head.

"Alright." I closed my eyes and extended my neck again. As he drew closer to it, I could feel his breathe on my neck and I shuddered. "Are you sure?" I was beyond terrified. I mean, he was going to bite me and drink my blood, but this was the only way. I nodded my head.  Then, I felt his teeth as they contacted my skin and I could not stop my body from shuddering. Kris hesitated again so I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Just do it," I said. Then I felt a sharp pain as his teeth sunk into my skin, but it was only for a brief second as it was soon replaced with a feeling I have never felt before. It was an exhilarating feeling. My skin began to feel very hot as a warm sensation spread from my neck. There are no words to describe this. Then, I began to feel very weak and my limbs started to go limp. Kris then pulled away from me and the sensations stopped. Slowly, he set me back on the ground as I could barely feel my legs. My hand immediately went to touch where he bit me, but my skin felt smooth and I felt no puncture wounds. Kris instantly snapped his shackles off and then moved to release me. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. I slowly nodded my head.

"I just feel very weak," I replied slowly and quietly. Kris nodded his head.

"That is to be expected." Kris grabbed my arms and pulled me onto his back. "I need you to hold on as tight as you can." I tightened my arms above his shoulders and around his neck. His hands slipped under my thighs and he hoisted me up onto his back. I used all of my strength I had left in order to hang on. Kris then moved swiftly towards one of the back doors of the warehouse. I just buried my face into his back and closed my eyes as my arms held on as tight as they could. We slowly moved out of the warehouse into the forest area. Kris jogged smoothly and silently as he weaved through the trees. Once we were a good distance from the warehouse, Kris slowly came to a stop. "Are you okay?" He did not sound winded at all even though he has been moving with me on his back for a while. 

"Yes," I managed to croak out. He then slowly lowered me to the ground and I loosened my grip from around his neck. My legs were too weak to support me, but Kris's arms prevented me from collapsing. He then looped one arm underneath my legs and lifted me into his arms. His face was inches from mine as his strong arms cradled my body. My head rested against his chest as I could barely keep my eyes open. "Jessica, this next part might make you feel even worse so I need you to close your eyes and keep them shut no matter what." His dark eyes began to glow bright red. I nodded my head and squeezed my eyes shut. "We will be home very soon." He then began to move very fast as I felt the wind beginning to slap against my skin. My stomach began to churn and feel very unstable, but I kept my eyes shut. The wind was hard and relentless. Then the wind suddenly stopped. "You can open your eyes now." I slowly lifted my eyelids and saw our apartment building. Alarmed and confused, my eyes went to Kris's face. His dark eyes were no longer red and he chuckled at my surprise. The last thing I remember before falling asleep was the smirk on Kris's gorgeous face as he carried me into the building. 

 

My eyelids slowly lifted as I began to awaken from a deep sleep. I moved my sore limbs slowly as the room began to come into focus. Then, I realized I did not recognize where I was.

"Good morning," said a deep voice. I turned my head and saw Kris's faces inches from mine. Startled, I gave out a wimpy scream as I fell to the floor. My throbbed with pain as it connected with the wood floor. "I see you are feeling better." 

"Where am I?" I asked. Kris's y smile grew.

"This is my room," he answered. I felt my cheeks begin to feel hot. His room? The only furniture in the spacious bedroom of his was a bed and two nightstands with two lamps. Then entire room was a black and white color scheme, all the furniture was black with white accents, the walls were white while the door was black. I guess I felt that the room lacked warmth and character.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Because you didn't have your keys on you," answered Kris.

"I'm sure you could have easily busted the door open."

"I didn't want to upset the residents, plus that would not have gone over very well with the building." I looked down and realized that I wasn't in my clothes anymore. I was dressed in a man's black tshirt and black shorts. Panicked, I covered myself with my arms and glared at Kris.

"Where are my clothes?" I asked. 

"Well, your apartment was inaccessible and you couldn't stay in your current clothes so that outfit had to suffice," he answered. The answer was very vague and I couldn't determine some very important details. Where are my clothes? Why didn't he wake me? Did he change? The room fell silent as my mind reeled from all the questions that were running through my head. Kris seemed to know what I was thinking since I saw amusement in his dark eyes. Then, Bora walked in with a tray filled with food. The smell instantly hit my nose and I felt my empty stomach rumble. Bora stopped and looked in between Kris on the bed and me on the floor. Then, she glared at Kris.

"What did you do?" she asked him. Kris just shrugged.

"I didn't do anything," he answered. Bora set the tray on the bed and lowered down to me. 

"Are you alright?" she asked me. I grabbed onto her arm and stared into her dark eyes.

"Answer me this question," I said and Bora gave a small nod. "Who changed my clothes?" I heard Kris snicker, but I kept my eyes on Bora. A smile grew on her beautiful face as she released my hand from her arm.

"I did," she answered. A breath of relief escaped my lips as I leaned against the bed. Bora patted the spot next to the tray. "Now eat." I nearly inhaled the food Bora delivered to me. I don't really know what exactly she gave me since I am still not too familiar with Korean food, but it was delicious. Kris and Bora watched me while I ate with amusement in their dark eyes. Once finished, I placed the dishes on the tray and fell back onto the bed and closed my eyes. I still felt exhausted. Then, the doorbell rang. Kris and Bora looked at each other with a small look of fear, but it quickly disappeared as the two started to move towards the door. I followed right behind them. Kris opened the door to reveal Soyou and Kai on the other side. Soyou had her hands on her hips with a dark look in her eyes. Kai stood next to her with his arms crossed.

"Do Min Joon wants to see you," said Soyou. A small feeling of dread formed in the pit of my stomach. Kris clenched his fists and Bora crossed her arms. The tension was very thick in the air. "All three of you."

Crap.

 


Here is another update for you all!

I hope you like it!

Please comment and let me know what you think!

I appreciate your patience and I will try my hardest to update as soon as possible!

Also, I am currently a coauthor for a request shop for Girls' Generation member Hyoyeon,

so I am splitting my time inbetween that and Vampire Next Door!

If you are curious about the request shop, here is the link: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/486218/the-beauty-hyoyeon-request-hyoyeon-oneshot-request-oneshots