Chapter 3

Vampire Next Door

            “Wow, this place is a great space,” said Bora. After the whole scene with Hana, Bora just invited herself over. I don’t really mind since I have this feeling that she is a really awesome person. She stood in the middle of my almost empty living room with her arms wide open and a beautiful smile on her face as she looked around my place. “It is the same layout as Kris’s, but his is filled with stuff so I guess I never realized how big this place is.” She then placed her hand on her hips and wandered over to my pile of boxes. I then plopped on my red couch, which was just placed at a random spot in my living room, and kicked my shoes off onto the floor.

            “So what is the relationship between you and Kris?” I asked. Bora continued to stare at my things as she responded.

            “What do you mean?” she asked. Her voice was silky, just like Kris’s. In fact, there are a lot of things similar between the two of them, such as the perfect skin and the dark eyes.  Are they related? Bora then wandered over to my big picture window and stared at the view of the street below. It is a very nice view, but those kinds of things just do not matter to me. “Wow, this is almost the exact view from Kris’s bedroom, well I guess that is no surprise since you guys are neighbors.” I stiffened. Bedroom? His bedroom is right on the other side of my living room wall? Why am I thinking like this? I just met the guy, besides it seems he has a lot of beautiful lovers like the blonde in the elevator, Hana, and Bora.

            “Well, you seem to know him very well.” Bora then turned towards me with a look of mischief on her face. Bora has so many different sides to her. She is y, beautiful, confident, graceful, and bubbly. I feel that I can be very open to her and I just met her like two minutes ago. Bora then placed her hand on her hips and slowly walked over towards me.

            “Are you sure you want to know?” she asked with that look of mischief still on her face. Then she plopped on the other side of the couch, crossed her legs, and faced me with a look of mock seriousness. I then crossed my legs and turned towards her intrigued. Her dark eyes stared at me with mischief within them. “Well, there isn’t much to say,” she sighed with a small look of sadness. “I have known him since I was little and we have been friends ever since.” A small feeling of relief came over me, which I do not know why that came over me. I guess it is because I could never compete against Bora. “Well maybe friend is a little bit of a strong word.” She then got up and continued to wander around my place. With her arms behind her back she peeked into my bedroom and then smiled. “I guess we just look out for each other, nothing romantic is between us rest assured.” She giggled as I tried to protest, but then she cut me off. “I wish I could have told you something more exciting.” Then the look of mischief returned. “Do you like him?”

            “Are you kidding, I just met him,” I said as I crossed my arms. Bora then giggled again and her soft beautiful voice filled my living room. It somehow soothed me whenever I heard her voice, especially when she giggles.

            “Oh, do you need help to unpack?” she asked as she turned back towards me and our eyes connected. Such sincerity radiated from her dark eyes and help would be awesome so I accepted. We unpacked boxes, moved furniture, hung artwork, sorted my clothes, and hung curtains. Within a couple of hours my apartment was perfect. Everything was unpacked in such an orderly way and everything was styled in such a tasteful way that I was certain that this was only possible because of Bora. And she made it fun since we talked constantly about Seoul and all the things it offers. She suggested the best restaurants, shops, and many others places. We talked constantly so unpacking felt like it was over within minutes. When we were finished, we both fell onto the couch and leaned against each other in exhaustion.

            “Well that was fun,” I said. “Thank you so much.” She smiled at me with such a sweet smile.

            “No problem. I had a lot of fun,” Bora responded. Then a knock sounded from my door. I groaned as I felt no willingness to get up off the couch. Bora sprang up, straightened her jacket, and offered her hand to me. I stared at it with no urge to grab it. Then Bora placed her other hand on her hip and gave me a slightly irritated look. Then I reluctantly took it and she pulled me up off the couch. I slowly walked to my door with Bora behind me. My hand turned the knob and opened the door. I really should get in the habit of checking the peephole before opening the door. Kris stood before me dressed in a black business suit with a black tie. He leaned casually against my doorframe with a hand loosening his tie. His dark eyes connected with mine and a spark of fear and wonder ran through me. His dark eyes then shifted towards Bora.

            “I knew I would find you here Bora,” Kris said. His tone sounded quite irritated, which took me by surprise. Bora just smiled at him and crossed her arms across her chest.

            “I guess you know me so well,” said Bora. Kris sighed and ran his hand through his golden hair.

            “I figured you would be hanging around once you heard about my new neighbor,” said Kris.

            “There is nothing wrong with having the urge to come and investigate,” said Bora. She winked at him and Kris just groaned. The way these two talked to each other sounded like they were brother and sister.

            “Well I think your investigation is now finished,” he said and he offered his hand towards her. Bora uncrossed her arms and nodded.

            “I guess so,” she said. I felt disappointed that Bora was leaving since I had such fun with her. Bora slowly walked over to me and gave me a tight hug. Her arms felt hard as she wrapped them around my back. I returned the hug by wrapping my arms around her back and my face placed against her shoulder. At that moment I felt that despite her small appearance she could crush me easily with her arms wrapped around me. This is a very weird feeling since I have never thought of someone actually crushing me while hugging me. She then released me and skipped out of my apartment. Then Kris started to close the door when Bora suddenly poked her head back inside. “Oh and Jessica, I will definitely visit you again.” I smiled at her and she returned the smile. Then Kris shoved her out of the doorway and closed my door.

 

Who are those two?