Chapter 11

Vampire Next Door

Sitting at my kitchen counter with a warm cup of coffee in my hands, I heard the sound of a woman's voice yelling. I rose from my chair and walked slowly over to my front door to investigate. Sadly, I couldn't see anything from the peephole so I opened the door and found a pretty, young woman outside Kris's door. She was dressed in a very short purple dress that hugged her body a little too tightly. She had short brown hair and her face was filled with makeup. 

"How could you do this to me?" she screamed at Kris's door. Another of Kris's women. With a deep breath, I walked out into the hallway. The woman's face turned towards me.

"Who are you?" she snarled. I gave her a small smile before I began speaking.

"Hi," I said. "I live right next door." She just continued to glare at me. "I was wondering if there was something that I could help you with." The woman smiled and a laugh escaped her red painted lips.

"You, help me," she scoffed. "As if you could." Her brown eyes looked me up and down as she continued to smile. I am getting the feeling that she thinks she is above me. I tried to stand a little straighter, but I did not feel the confidence. "You see poor girl, I am in a very serious relationship with the rich, gorgeous man who lives right behind that door."

"Apparently it wasn't serious enough," said a voice. I turned and saw Bora strolling up to the two of us dressed in dark jeans and a simple, blue top. Her arms were crossed and her dark eyes amused. 

"What?" said the woman appalled by Bora's words.

"C'mon Dara," said Bora. "I'm pretty sure Kris made himself  very clear when he broke it off with you." The woman named Dara laughed. 

"As if he would ever break up with a woman like me," said Dara. Bora just smiled at her, but her dark eyes were cold. She leaned towards Dara until their faces were inches apart. 

"Leave," said Bora with a cold voice. "And never bother Kris again." Dara's face went white with fear. She slowly slid past Bora and then ran for the elevator and disappeared behind the shiny, smooth doors. Bora turned towards me and gave me a sad look. "You should stop getting involved in situations like this." I shrugged.

"I couldn't take the yelling anymore," I replied. Bora's dark eyes studied my outfit, which was a simple black dress pants with a plain white blouse. 

"On your way to work?" I nodded. "Well, I will walk you down. I have something to talk to you about." After I locked my door, Bora looped her arm through mine and the two of us walked down the hallway. "How many has it been now?"

"Girls screaming at Kris's door?" I asked. "About three, why?" Bora just shook her head and sighed. "Isn't it normal for him to be breaking it off with women, I mean, he seems like a player." Bora suddenly stopped and pulled me to a stop with her. 

"You believe that he has those women because he is a player?" asked Bora. I remained silent and kept my face expressionless. Why else would someone have so many women? Bora shook her head and sighed again. "Jessica, do you remember what Kris and I told you about what we need to survive?" 

"Blood." The word popped out of my mouth before I could even think. I instinctively covered my mouth after the word escaped. Bora nodded her head.

"Those women are Kris's..." Bora hesitated as she tried to explain to me. "I guess they are his meals." Meals? The word gave me a shudder. Bora continued walking and dragged me along. We entered the elevator with silence between the two of us. My brain processed what she just told me. The doors shut and Bora broke the silence. "I'm worried because Kris has been breaking off his relations with too many women." I glanced over at her and saw pure concern. "I don't think he is feeding properly." I remained silent as the elevator moved to the lobby floor of the building. Bora let go of my arm as the doors opened. The two of us walked outside side by side. She then turned towards me and gave me a small smile. "I'm sorry for our conversation." I shook my head.

"The more I know the better," I replied. "Even though it is still hard to come to terms with." Bora's smile grew and she gave me a small hug. When she pulled away, she took one more look at my outfit and shook her head.

"We really need to go shopping sometime." Then she turned and walked away.

 

Throughout the work day, I constantly glanced towards Kris's office hoping to get a glimpse of him. I was looking again when Hyoyeon threw a paper ball at my head. I turned and saw eight pairs of eyes studying me. 

"What's wrong Jessica?" asked Hyoyeon.

"You have been staring at Kris's door quite often," said Sunny with a smirk on her cute, little face. I gave a nervous laugh as my mind raced to find an excuse. 

"Uh," was my response and all eight of them grew closer to me with goofy smirks on their faces.

"Don't tell us that you are finally falling for the boss," said Tiffany as she wiggled her perfectly trimmed eyebrows. My cheeks began to grow hot and I shook my head.

"She denies it," said Sooyoung. The rest of them giggled.

"We don't blame you," said Yoona.

"We all have been in love with him forever," said Yuri.

"Hey," said Taeyeon. "I have a boyfriend." The other seven rolled their eyes.

"So you keep reminding us," said Hyoyeon. Then the attention was back on me as they all stared again.

"Have you guys noticed that those women haven't been around anymore," I said. 

"What women?" asked Seohyun.

"Kris's women," I replied. They all looked at each other and shrugged. That was the end of the conversation and the last time I looked towards Kris's door. 

 

After work, Hyoyeon, Yoona and I were strolling out of the building side by side. "Jessica," called a male voice. I turned and saw Suho leaning casually against a cement column with a bright smile on his face. Yoona and Hyoyeon both nudged me hard with their elbows and gave me sly smiles.

"Who is he Jessica?" asked Hyoyeon. Suho stood up and walked over to the three of us. 

"He is a friend from the states," I answered. Yoona and Hyoyeon's smiles grew bigger. 

"Hi," said Suho as he approached us. 

"Hi," said Yoona. "I'm Yoona."

"And I'm Hyoyeon." Suho nodded his head.

"Coworkers?" asked Suho.

"Coworkers and friends," I replied. After hearing my answer, Hyoyeon and Yoona looped their arms around mine.

"Well, would they mind if I kidnap you from them?" asked Suho. Instantly, Hyoyeon and Yoona stepped away from me and shook their heads.

"Not at all," said Hyoyeon. The two of them linked arms and walked away from the two of us with goofy grins on their faces. Great, I am going to get grilled tomorrow. Suho smiled at me. 

"Are you free?" asked Suho. I smiled and placed my hands on my hips.

"Now I am." 

"Great, I want to take you somewhere." A fancy, black car pulled up and Suho opened the door and gestured for me to enter. This isn't Suho's style. I didn't move towards the car and eyed him suspiciously. 

"Where?" Suho gave me a reassuring smile, grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the car. I finally gave in and entered the car. We drove about a half hour out of the city. Every five minutes, I asked Suho where we were going, but he would only smile. We pulled up to a large building that looked very old and abandoned. The brick showed years and years of wear, and  some of the windows were broken with plant life growing through. I got out of the car with Suho right behind me. There was no sign of anyone. Once the doors were shut, the car sped off. Fear started to take hold of me. "Suho," I said quietly. "Where are we?" Suho, again, just smiled and held out his hand. I stared at it suspiciously. His smile grew.

"Don't you trust me Jessica?" asked Suho. "Don't worry." Why should I worry? We have been friends all through college. I nodded and took his hand. He lead me inside the creepy, old building. The building is a warehouse. With only a dirt floor, holes in the roof, and rusted old machinery, it was easy to determine that the building hasn't been used in years. Once inside, I realized we were not alone. At the center stood a man with smooth, pale skin and deep, dark eyes. I froze as fear took hold of me. I know what he is. I turned towards Suho, but his expression held no surprise. He knew that someone was waiting for us. "C'mon," he whispered as he slowly pulled me towards the man. 

"Welcome, Jessica," said the man. My blood ran cold. He knows my name. Panicked, I looked at Suho, whose face was expressionless as he stared at the man. "Were you followed?" asked the man. Suho shook his head and the man smiled. "Good."

This is not good.


Hello Everyone!!

Here is another update for you all!

I hope you all enjoy it and continue to support me!

Thank you so much for reading!

I appreciate all your comments and support!

Look forward to another update soon!

I love you all! <3