Its You...

You're Still My No. 1

Sitting on the floor of the hall and listening to the principal's 'welcome' speech, was probably the most torturous thing I've experienced since the beginning of the year. I really wanted to fall asleep and I seriously wanted to slap the girls who were sitting near me. They kept looking at me and giggling like idiots. Get a life man.

I almost nodded off until the discipline master's voice rang out from the microphone, "Okay kids! The Year Ones and Twos can be dissmissed! The Year Ones please stay back for your classes to be announced!" The hall instantly turned noisy as students stood up and picked up their bags and walked out of the hall with their friends. I sprang up to my feet and did the same. Then I looked around. Apparently, Jung Min for got about his wish to get me and disappeared with my other friends. I didn't mind that. I'd rather be a loner than have attention. I then walked with quick footsteps to my homeroom.


When I reached the homeroom, my homeroom teacher told us to wait outside the homeroom so that she could assign us seats one by one. She was a rather smiley person and I decided that she wasn't going to be naggy, which was good.

Some of my other friends slowly disappeared into the classroom. Then, the teacher called my name. I moved quietly over to her side. She gave me a smile and said, "Hi Jonghyun! You'll be sitting there!" She pointed to a desk in the middle of the classroom. I nodded and went to sit at the table where she assigned. As I walked, Jung Min and two of my other friends, Jun Hwa and Dong Ho stuck out their tongues at me. I rolled my eyes and ignored them. I sat down at my seat and took out my pecil case and put it on the desk. Fortunately, I wasn't far from Jung Min.

The desks in the classroom was placed in a pair by pair manner but most of the people managed to sit with their friends.

The teacher stopped calling names soon but she stood outside the classroom as if she was still looking for some one. I turned around and realised that a few tables near me and the desk next to mine was still empty. Jung Min mouthed to me, "Who's sitting beside you?" I mouthed back, "I don't know." Then I also realised that the desk next to his was also empty.

Suddenly, girls' voices rang from outside. I heard the teacher greeting, "Ah! There you are! Please come in." The moment I heard those voices, I started praying hard. Please don't let it be Nicole... Please...

Unfortunately, my prayers weren't answered. A girl stepped into the classroom with two other girls trailing after her. The students in the class gasped when they saw them. Nicole ignored the rest of the class but when she saw me she grinned and waved at me. I banged my head onto the desk. Oh no...

The teacher told Nicole, "Nicole and Ju Mi, you two can sit at the two empty desks side by side there." I groaned silently. The tables were the ones that were empty diagonally across from me. Not beside me, but close enough to annoy me. Nicole then pouted and asked the teacher, "Miss, can't I sit beside that boy?" She pointed directly at me. The whole class turned silent.

The teacher turned and looked at Nicole. She then said in a steely voice, "No my dear." Nicole protested even more, "But Miss-" "I said no! Go to your seat now!", the teacher raised her voice and glared at Nicole with "if-you-don't-go-I-will-kill-you" eyes. I was really surprised. Normally, teachers would fall to her 'cuteness' and agree to whatever she does and she also acts goody-two-shoes in front of them. That was why they adored her so much. I was beginning to respect this teacher.

Nicole muttered sorry and turned around. The moment she turned around, she scowled and muttered some other stuff that I couldn't hear. When she almost reached me, she looked up and smiled at me. I gave her a forced smile. Nicole then took the seat nearest to me and Ju Mi took the other. Then teacher assigned her third friend to sit beside Jung Min. I turned around and saw him biting his lips and had a painful look on his face. He saw me looking and mouthed, "!" I gave a pitiful look. The girl gave a half playful smile and a half cruel smile to him.

I turned around and saw the teacher stepping into the class. She placed the attendance list on the desk and was marking it when her phone buzzed. She took it out from her pocket and answered it. "Hello? Mrs Kim?" The person on the other side of the line spoke something and the teacher said, "Okay. I'll be right there." She then hung up and told us with a smile, "Class! I'll be going out for a while. Please excuse me." Then she walked out of the classroom in a hurry. The class turned noisy instantly.

Jung Min sneaked up to me and grumbled, "Gosh! How am I going to survive with Jun Yeon? She's totally annoying!" I didn't reply. A little background, Jun Yeon was the third highest ranking in Nicole's group. The second in line was Ju Mi. Those two were her ultimate sisters or partners in crime. "Good luck bro.", I told Jung Min. Jung Min frowned at me and said, "That doesn't work." I just smiled at him. He grinned at me and then rolled his eyes. "Anyways, who do you think is sitting beside you?", he asked. I shrugged, "I don't know. I just hope its someone I can work with and I hope that person is nice." "I think that person is a transfer student." "Really?" "Not sure. That's what I heard." I glared at Jung Min. "What?", he protested.

Just then, someone shouted, "Teacher is coming back!" And everyone ran back to their seats.

The teacher walked into the classroom and said with a smile, "Sorry for taking such a long time." The class just nodded their heads. She looked around the class and fixed her eyes on me. She then said, "First things first, I'm Miss Lee." The class greeted, "Good morning Miss Lee." She nodded her head and said, "You might be wondering why there is an empty seat in class right?" We all nodded. "Well, some of you might have guessed it. We have a transfer student." The class began muttering excitedly. "Okay! Calm down! The student's a girl. Please treat her nicely okay?" "Okay.", the class chimed.

Miss Lee nodded her head and clapped her hands as she looked outside of the classroom and said loudly, "Okay my dear! You can come in now!" The class turned deadly silent.

A girl walked into the classroom with her head tilted up and looked directly up. She wasn't smiling. I nearly had a heart attack. The same eyes, face, expression looked into my eyes when she saw me. Her face was expressionless. We both stared at each other in silence for a while. In that while, the people in my class sized her up. Suddenly, Dong Ho muttered, "Oh gods... She's beautiful." Some of the other guys muttered in consent. Nicole glared at him.

After that, Miss Lee said cheerfully, "Okay my dear. Can you introduce yourself to the class?" The girl said quietly, still looking at me, "Hello everyone. I just moved from Seoul. My name is Jung Soo Yeon. My friends call me Jessica."

Some boys grinned madly at each other. "Okay!", Miss Lee said. "Jessica, you can sit beside that young man over there. Is that alright?" Jessica didn't say anything for a short moment. Before anyone could suspect anything, she replied with a slight smile, "Its okay." She then made her way to the desk beside me. A lot of eyes followed her as she walked. They turned away when she sat down, maybe because Nicole and her friends were glaring at them. 


Jessica and I looked at each other. After a while of silence, Jessica's cold expression melted and she gave me a smile and said, "Hello Jongyhyun." I then smiled back at her. 

"We meet again."


HI PEOPLE! I finished the 4th chapter! Hope it was good! Please comment and subscribe! I really love reading your comments, so please write on your thoughts about the story so far! I really treasure them :)  Thank you~