Let's play pretend.

The Runaway Game - Killing a Mockingbird

 

Playing house was always fun wasn't it?

 
Can't we just play pretend?
 
 

 

“Why don’t we just move in together?”
 
 
My head snapped at his direction. I don’t know whether to be amused or be annoyed again at his question. 
 
 
It’s been more than a month since we last talked about me going to a different university. That conversation which was slowly leading on to something…far more interesting got disrupted when his roommates had arrived and caught us red handed. Well, nothing too serious happened anyway though Han-gil wasn’t amused by their arrival. 
 
 
He finally got over the fact that I wasn’t budging and just accepted my decision, which I was thankful for and things progressed smoothly over the next few days. He even accompanied me to process my documents and admission. 
 
 
I decided to move out of my parent’s place and transfer to a small apartment just a couple of blocks away from my university. Because my hometown was a bit far, I couldn’t possibly stay there while going to uni so I asked my parents if I could move. There was a bit of protests at first but they eventually gave in and even helped me out financially with the place.
 
 
Han-gil placed the heavy box down, filled with mostly art materials and books and surveyed the apartment. 
 
 
“Did you eat something bad? You’re starting to talk nonsense.”
 
 
The place was fairly small, just good enough for 1 or 2 people. It was very basic and simple. A small kitchen and dining area, living room and a single bathroom (thankfully there’s a bathtub in it). There were two bedrooms but I planned to convert the other one into an art room so that the apartment wouldn’t look too cluttered with my things.
 
 
“Hyejin-ah, don’ t be so mean~”
 
 
I wish I could raise one of my eyebrows at him but I can’t. My nose automatically scrunches up in annoyance as I took one of the paintings I had and leaned them on the wall beside him. 
 
 
“Your uni’s not on this area oppa. Besides, what would people think? As much as I love you I don’t want to move in with you. At least not right now that we’re just starting college. Be reasonable.” 
 
 
He sighed in defeat as he proceeded to pick up the box again and move it into the art room. I know he’s upset but what else can I say? Tell him that it’s ok? He knows I don’t think so. 
 
 

 
We spent majority of the day moving stuff around, organizing things and cleaning up the place. At the end of the day all I wanted was just to collapse on the floor right then and there. Who knew moving could take so much toll on a person’s body like this?
 
 
“Hyejin-ah, come on get up from there! I’m hungry!”
 
 
I looked over from the floor towards Han-gil who was standing beside me with not a drop of sweat on his face and looking as impeccable as always. 
 
 
This is not fair.
 
 
“Why aren’t you tired? I feel like death right now..”
 
 
I whined as I curled up to the side in fetal position, my back facing him. Why isn’t he tired at all?
 
 
“I am tired. Hungry too. Come on~”
 
 
He nudged me softly with his foot, trying to get a reaction from me since I was clearly ignoring him.
 
 
I rolled back towards him and glared, examining him from top to bottom. The guy didn’t look tired at all! 
 
 
“No you’re not! Why is reality like this? Go buy take-out or something so I don’t have to get up.”
 
 
Han-gil raised one of his eyebrows at me, clearly amused before bending down and lifting me completely up to my feet. He dusted off some dirt from my shoulders and hair before grinning at me with that smile of his. 
 
 
“I don’t like take-out and I want to eat with you. Now come on, go get cleaned up cuz you stink. I’ll wait for you here and I want you to be out fast cuz I feel like dying from hunger already.”
 
 
I stuck my tongue out at him and he just grinned even more. Warning me that if I keep on sticking my tongue out like that at him then he might just bite it off.
 
 
Oh god no.
 
 
With that warning I bolted out as fast as I could towards my bedroom with Han-gil's roaring laughter echoing in the background.
 
 

 

Maybe then we wouldn't have to grow up like this.
 
 

 

 

Here's another update! Enjoy!!