Laughter

The Runaway Game - Killing a Mockingbird

 

I always got annoyed when people laughed for no reason.

It's either they're just crazy or just seeking attention.

 


 

It's been three weeks since I met Yongguk.

 

Three somewhat amusing weeks.

 

I never pegged him for the artistic type. I mean...well, into arts like me but strangely enough he is. He's in most of my classes including some of my major subjects. I didn't think he was an art major when I first saw him. He didn't even look the part.

 

But he is. And in fact, he's quite...good at it.

 

We've also always managed to sit next to each other during classes.

 

Sometimes in the back, sometimes in the front, sometimes in the middle but we were always sitting next to each other. It was weird...not in a bad or creepy way...just weird. Maybe I'm just not used to another guy's presence..

 

Yongguk was extremely nice and very polite. Normally I would have been suspicious about some random stranger acting all chummy with me but with Yongguk it felt different.

 

There was no acting or false pretences when it came to him. He was genuinely nice and awfully amusing with his lame jokes and boisterous laughter. Plus his deep voice and his gummy smile was so contradicting I didn't know how to react properly at first.

 

At first everything felt awkward with him. What with crashing into a stone pillar in front of him and embarrassing myself and all but after that, things seemed to lighten.

 

I can't say right away that we're friends and all...I feel like it's too early to say that. But I do feel like we're heading to that direction and I like it. I haven't really had a friend since I was little other than Han-gil back then.

 

And it was also nice that Yongguk didn't seem to mind my sharp tongue.

 

People tended to avoid me once I open my mouth to talk.

 


 

I told Han-gil everything that went on at school since he wouldn't stop bothering me about it and even told him about Yongguk.

 

Well...I did tell him that I somehow made a new friend at school but never really did go into specifics like gender.

 

It's not that I'm hiding my newly formed friendship with Yongguk from Han-gil.

 

It's more like I don't want him to over-react or something. I love my boyfriend to bits but he tends to act stupid and impulsive sometimes. I don't want him to scare Yongguk away especially when I'm just getting to know the guy.

 


 

Things started to go into routine at school after the fourth week of classes. 

 

I spent most of my time either at school or at home with Han-gil. He kept visiting me almost every other night to have dinner with me and then also spend the weekends with me. At first I got annoyed at this. I thought his antics were only before college started but I guess I was wrong.

 

Though he was always at my place he didn't spend too much time there during the weekdays. I'd always shove him off my doorstep when it got too late but during weekends I let him stay as much as he pleased. 

 

I'd scold him endlessly about his own situation at his university and that he should seriously pay more attention in class instead of flooding my inbox with random messages. From the color of the sky to the number of gray hair he sees on his professor's head.

 

At school I was diligent enough to attend all my classes and permanently placed my phone on silent. I even removed the vibrate mode when my phone kept buzzing itself causing the other students (including Yongguk who was sitting beside me) to glance at me every now and then.

 

"Someone seems popular." Yongguk casually commented after the bell rang for dismissal. 

 

I moaned in distress before grabbing my phone from my bag and typed furiously before pressing send and removing the batteries from my phone. Yongguk was staring at the entire scene with curious and amused eyes. 

 

"Uh problem?"

 

I waved my hand off to dismiss the subject and started to place my notebook inside my bag all the while looking like I was gonna chew up someone. It was adorable and endearing on the first 2 weeks when Han-gil was texting me nonstop. Cute on the 3rd week. Now he's just either doing it to annoy me or to get a good laugh.

 

I didn't even wait for Yongguk when I left the classroom though I could hear him call my name out telling me to wait up. After a few more steps I decided to slowdown enough for him to catch up beside me. 

 

"What was that all about?" 

 

"Nothing. Sorry about that."

 

He didn't look convinced especially when he saw me scrunched up my nose in annoyance. He held me by the shoulder gently to get my attention before his other hand flew to my nose and pinched it. 

 

This caught me by surprise.

 

"Ya! That hurts! Why'd you do that?" 

 

Yongguk was laughing when I smacked his hand away, my annoyance clearly more obvious than before. He finally let go of my nose and I swear it must have been so red by now. The people around us were looking at us weirdly before minding their own business. I glared at him so hard but he just kept on laughing. Apparently, my nose looking like Rudolf's was quite funny to him. 

 

My bad mood started to die down when his laughter started to simmer down into giggles, manly deep-voiced giggles, and he started grinning at me. 

 

"You ok now?" he suddenly asks and I'm taken aback by this. My eyes blink for a couple of times before I started to join his giggle fit.

 

"Apart from my red nose and awkward laughter. I'd say I'm ok now. Thanks Yongguk-shi."

 

 


 

But for some reason, hearing you laugh doesn't annoy me at all.

 


 

I finally updated after such a long time! I'm so sorry for being so slow!! I've been really busy lately T__T 

Anyway hope you guys enjoy the new update!! Please feel free to leave comments and subscribe!! Don't be a silent reader :3