Take my breath away

The Runaway Game - Killing a Mockingbird

 

I could be really upset with you now.

But you always knew how to make it all go away.

 


 

Sometimes I wish my apartment allowed dogs. 

 

Because right now I could really use a Rottweiler or a Doberman.

 

"Babe come on~"

 

"Don't be so mean yeobo~"

 

Maybe I should call the cops or something...

 

"Babe don't make me wreck your door."

 

Nevermind.

 

I opened the door with Han-gil leaning on the door frame looking as smug as ever. He had a bouquet of pink carnations in one hand while the other one was burried in his pockets. He looked quite handsome with his hair styled up instead of the usual and wearing a white long sleeved shirt, jeans and sneakers. He certainly took the effort to impress me. Too bad I'm still sore with him.

 

"Knew you couldn't resist me!" 

 

He flashed me that cocky grin of his and I could feel the corners of my lips tugging up no matter how much I forced them down when he handed me the flowers. And it also didn't help the fact that I could feel my face heating up from his handsome self.

 

"Well? Aren't you going to let me in?"

 

Fighting against this man was impossible. I turned around back into my apartment, leaving the front door open for him to come in. I could hear him release a long-held sigh and the sound of the door clicking closed before he saunters inside hot on my trail. While arranging the flowers my resolve gave up and my face broke down into a grin and blush. The flowers were beautiful and looked so soft and delicate.

 

"Thank you for the flowers oppa." my voice sounded shy as I kept my back turned from him, busying myself with the flowers.

 

I could hear him stop behind me as his long arms circle themselves around my waist and his face burrying itself on the crook of my neck. 

 

He doesn't say anything at first before gently kissing my cheek then moving back to head to the tiny living room. I had to fan myself a couple of times from his skinship and the fact that he never ceases to leave me speechless even with such simple or excessive actions.

 

"Get dressed already we're going out on a date!"

 

I wanted to protest at first just to play hard to get but the look on his face told me that I should move or else the both of us would never leave the apartment. I opted for the former.

 

I ran towards my bedroom and locked the door with Han-gil's laughter filling the apartment. He really does know what to say and do to make me move fast.

 

After nearly half an hour (I had difficulty choosing which outfit to wear) I came out with Han-gil missing from the living room or anywhere else from my place. That's strange...did he get tired of waiting? I was about to call his phone and preferably screech at him when my phone lit up with a message. 

 

"Babe I'm downstairs~ Pali~"

 

At least he didn't barge into my room again like last time. 

 

 


 

 

Once downstairs to the lobby, I saw Han-gil talking to one of the staffs at the apartment. By one of the staffs I meant one of the female staffs. And by female staff I mean the one currently flirting with my boyfriend. I swear if I could raise my eyebrows right now..they'd probably skyrocket to my forehead this very moment.

 

"Oh! There she is!"

 

Han-gil waved at me in acknowledgement and raised his eyebrows at my not-so-amused stance a couple of steps away from him and the flirty staff. Said girl turned towards me as well and the look on her face clearly spelled eww. 

 

Well, eww yourself hag.

 

I walked up to the two confidently and took Han-gil's hand and intertwined it with mine with the occational caress on his arm as I turned towards the female staff. The sign "back off" plastered on my face. I gave her a one over from top to bottom before turning my attention towards Han-gil. Time to act.

 

"Oppa~ Sorry I took so long. Umma called about something important. Let's go?"

 

God my voice sounds so stupid. I tugged on his sleeve and he understood that it was the go signal to leave. We bid farewell to the overly friendly staff and left the apartment complex. 

 

Once we were a few meters away Han-gil grabbed my hand (I let go of his when we left the building) and gave it a playful squeeze before stopping in his steps. I was too busy walking straight and ignoring his existance so the small gesture and him stopping surprised me a bit and I ended up being pulled back to him. I refused to look up at him, concentrating more on his glorious clothed chest and ignoring whatever look he has on his face.

 

"Hyejin-ah~"

 

His hand let go of mine and for a brief moment I felt kind of disappointed but then I felt rough callous hands touch my face ever so gently. 

 

Rough callous hands that always held and touched me gently. His hands moved to lift my face up to look at his face and there I saw that he was smiling again. This time, I felt like I was gonna get blinded by his pearly whites. 

 

"What?"

 

My nose and eyebrows were scrunched up in mock annoyance, trying to intimidate him on letting go of my face. Han-gil just snickered at my act before pressing my cheeks together with his hands playfully. I was about to tell him off when he suddenly leaned in towards me, his face just a breath away from mine. I didn't have enough time to react when he suddenly kissed me on the lips before letting go, grabbed my hand again and began to walk with me in tow. 

 

I let him drag me off to who knows where. My brain apparently turned into mush. 

 

 


 

Always knew how to take my breath away.

 


 

And again!! I have update! I didn't have much work today that's why I was able to update this fast XD if things go smoothly tomorrow I may be able to update this and my other story XD Hoping for the best!! Hope you guys like this chapter!! Don't forget to subscribe and comment!