"I'm coming over."

Always be Mine

 

* Kwangmin's Point of View *

While walking home, Youngmin who was very impatient and tired at this time of the night, had to push me a couple of times because I kept unintentionally stopping or just walking really slow. I was tired too, but that wasn't the reason I kept slowing down. It was my thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about what Hyein told me earlier.

It was the first time Hyein talked to me like I was really my brother, her boyfriend.

I've been fooled before by her pretending to believe I'm Youngmin – she was very convincing – but today she really did seem to believe it was true, without an ounce of suspicion. After all, she even kissed me; something she never did to me before because she always knew I wasn't Youngmin. 

Was I getting good at being my brother? Or was she that deeply bothered by something, that she didn't notice? She received a phone call earlier during the day, and she just wasn't the same afterwards. Was that why?

I couldn't help but wonder if I should go to her like she asked me to, or if I should tell Youngmin to go?

“Kwangmin. We're here!” he called at the door in a loud whisper.

The lights were off which meant our parents were already asleep. I was just about to tell Youngmin to go check out what's wrong with Hyein, but he quickly disappeared into the house. I went to the door and tried to see if he was still close by but he seemed to have already went upstairs to his room.

After a short moment of contemplating whether or not to go to Hyein's house, I found my self already walking in that direction. I then realized I wasn't sure what her exact address was – Youngmin had led me there once, but I didn't memorize the way – so I sent her a message.

[ Hyein-ah. I'm coming over. What's your address? ]

It was only after I sent it that I realized the possible reactions she could have had while reading that. For a moment, I even stopped walking, thinking she probably wouldn't even reply. But then I received a message, and it contained only her address.

Did that mean she didn't mind that I was coming over instead of Youngmin? It was close by so I ran over there quickly. As soon as I made it to the front of her house, before I could even go in through the gates, she came out from hiding behind the porch and ran over to me.

“What's wrong?” I asked when she hugged me tightly. She glanced back at her house, and then quietly dragged me away from it towards somewhere else.

Was there someone in her house? I thought she said her parents weren't home today?

The tightness of her grip on my hand while she quietly dragged me to the nearby park, made me realize why she didn't mind whether it was me or Youngmin that came.

She just didn't want to be alone.