"I want to make her happy."

Always be Mine

 

* Third Person's Point of View *

“Yah.” Someone spoke, while shaking Kwangmin's shoulder lightly. “Yaaahhhh!” He shook him a bit rougher, but still gently enough not to wake Hyein who was asleep in his arms.

“What?” Kwangmin opened his eyes and looked at the young boy in front of him. It took him a moment to notice his surroundings and realize he had fallen asleep in the park.

“What are you doing, sleeping in a place like this? Aren't you going to school?” The young boy asked and looked at his watch. “Ah! I'm late! See you later!” He waved and ran off.

He looked familiar... Does he go to our school?

Kwangmin thought for a moment as he stretched his limbs a little. He then noticed a weight on his chest, and looked down to see Hyein who was still asleep. “Woah. Can't believe we fell asleep in a place like this.” He sighed, and shook her lightly. “Wake up, Hyein-ah.”

Hyein didn't make a move to awaken, but instead wrapped her hands tighter around him and hid her face from the sunlight.

“Hyein-ah...”

Finding it strange to hear a guy's voice so early in the morning, Hyein was surprised and quickly shot up and pushed herself away from Kwangmin. The shocked expression on her face vanished as soon as she saw that it was only Kwangmin.

“We fell asleep here? I'm so sorry!” she apologized.

“It's alright. I don't mind. Any time.” Kwangmin said quickly, waving off her apology. He meant it though; he wouldn't really admit it, but if Hyein ever needed his company again he wouldn't mind repeating this night. Anything for my best friend, he thought, but deep inside he suspected there could have been more to it than just being her best friend.

They stayed quiet for a moment as Hyein thought of how to explain her behavior just hours ago. “Look, I know my crying and screaming last night must have worried you a lot, but please don't worry. I cry over the smallest things. And I also become stressed out a lot quicker than the average person. Yesterday was normal for me, except normally I'd be alone, and in my room... That's not the point. I—”

“It's not normal at all, Hyein.” Kwangmin said. “And crying over the smallest things? The thing you told me last night... How was that a small thing to you? How—”

“Please, Kwangmin. I can't explain myself right now.” she looked away, before putting on a smile and looking at him again. “I'm too tired to even talk.”

“Okay.” he sighed and let it go this time, but it still bothered him.

 

* Hyein's Point of View *

What have I done...? I've made Kwangmin feel really bothered now. How do I change this? What happened last night may not have been an unusual or difficult to deal with problem for me, but to someone who doesn't know the situation as fully as I do, it must have seemed like the world ended for me. Of course it didn't though. I really am just a crybaby, and I already expected it to happen anyway. What had me so shaken up was actually the problem he probably found the least hard to deal with.

My brother.

As much as I'd love to be happy and be together with him again like we used to be as kids, I really can't forgive him for the countless nights I cried myself to sleep because of him. He left home when I was 10, he was 12. That was probably what made me such a crybaby. Now I'm so used to crying, it just comes out as a natural thing... like a smile. But more naturally than a smile.

I looked around my house to see if Sungjong had left yet, and was happy to see that he did.

Happy? Or secretly a little disappointed? I didn't know, but at that moment I was relieved that I didn't have to face him.

I had made Kwangmin go home earlier instead of coming here with me. It was still early so hopefully Youngmin hadn't woken up and noticed he was gone. The effort of explaining the whole thing to him... Just thinking about it was giving me a headache.

I hoped Kwangmin wouldn't tell Youngmin – or even Kyunghee – about what had happened. Neither of them knew about my crybaby side, and I would rather keep my cool image.

Cool image... I'm just like Kwangmin.

I smiled to myself as I undressed to go into the shower.

 

* Kwangmin's Poing of View *

I would have never thought Hyein had such a harsh life. She always seemed so calm about it and even managed to get her mind off of it and joke around with her friends. It must have been hard on her to bottle up all the hurt and sadness all day, and then cry it all out at night. I can't help but wish I could be the one to stop all that. I want Hyein to be happy, and if possible, stop those tears. It's the least she deserves. But I have a feeling there's more to the sadness she's hiding in her heart.

Maybe Youngmin knew something? I'd have asked but he'd have been suspicious of me... Lately he'd been getting jealous of Hyein and my friendship!

What's there to be jealous of? He's the lucky one who get's to date her.

Lucky? Why do I sound like I wish I was in his place.

Hyein is just my best friend. That's why I'm worried about her. Nothing else. Nothing else.

 

When I got home, luckily the house was quiet and everyone seemed to have been asleep. Instead of going up to my room right away, I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast for myself. Just to make it seem like I had just woken up.

After that, I took a shower and got ready for school.

Youngmin didn't suspect a thing.


Hi, my sweets! Long time no update! Infinite has another new song! WhooO~ Be mine~ I love you, okay~ By the way, guess who the young boy in the beginning was?^^ He's kind of important in the following chapters and I'm sure many if you will be happy about him *finally* appearing ^_^

 

BTW. I'm just gonna leave this here for you all because it's what was stuck in my head all night after writing this chapter. hahahaha