"Sungjong's little sis'?"

Always be Mine

 

* Third Person's Point of View *

That  same morning, later at school Hyein couldn't keep her eyes open any longer and put her head down for a seemingly short moment, but ended up falling asleep.

“Hyein-ah,” Youngmin said quietly, watching the soundly sleeping girl as he poked her cheek lightly. Hyein stirred a little before opening her eyes and sitting up straight again.

She was about to ask if the teacher noticed her, but as she saw her surrounding, an empty class, she sighed and asked, “How many classes did I miss?”

“Just one. It's the small break now. Wanna go eat something?”

“No, but you can if you want. I'll just—wait! Did I get detention?" She gasped, looking at the small paper on the desk that had 'detention' written on it with a time and date. Two hours. “Is this a joke?!”

“Unfortunately not,” Youngmin chuckled.

“Yah... Is this any way to treat your girlfriend?” she frowned at him, which finally made him stop.

“Sorry,” he patted her hand lightly. “Want me to cause trouble and also get detention?”

“No, it's okay.” she smiled, and soon started to laugh. She watched Youngmin as he rolled his eyes at her sudden cheerful attitude.

“Alright, come on now. I really am starving! Lets go eat.”

“Now that you mention it, I am too.. Kinda.” Hyein admitted and tried to stand up but quickly sat back down again. “Ah, what is this?! My legs!”

"Your legs are numb from sleeping at your desk.” Youngmin laughed.

“Don't laugh at me you mean jerk—wah! What are you doing?!" She screeched as Youngmin suddenly pushed his hands under her legs and behind her back, and picked her up in his arms. “Jo Youngmin! I'll be fine if you just—let me—I, I don't know... Put my arm around your neck for support or something. Put me down!"

“Be quiet. Stop screaming in my ear.” Youngmin laughed at her embarrassed and red face before giving a peck on her warm cheek.

 

Kwangmin and Kyunghee both sat in the cafeteria and watched with envious expressions as the strange but still cute couple entered the cafeteria. They weren't alone, as the majority of the population of their school envied Hyein and Youngmin for having such a close relationship.

How I envy him... If only I could make her smile so carelessly like that, thought one of them.

I can't wait for the day when Youngmin will treat me so lovably like that, thought the other.

“JO KWANGMIN!” Hyein suddenly screeched. “Save me from this devil—” she let out another loud screech, this time from shock and surprise, as Youngmin finally set her down on her own two feet.

Hyein immediately ran over to her other two best friends and hid behind Kyunghee. Youngmin just laughed at Hyein's childish act and sat down next to his twin.

“Was I the only one who actually slept last night?” Youngmin said, giving his twin a weird look.

“Yeah, Kwangmin, you don't look so good today. Cheer up~!” Hyein giggled.

“I slept well~!” Kyunghee stated cutely while giving Youngmin a wink causing him and and Hyein both to roll their eyes.

Hyein noticed that Kwangmin was still looking at her with that worried gaze so she gave him another small smile and repeated, “Seriously, cheer up.”

Kwangmin sighed and nodded. She's incredible for so easily hiding her sadness that she so clearly showed me just hours ago. He sighed again, and continued to eat his food.

“Dont tell me...” Youngmin's eyes widened as he watched his twin, “Did you get detention for sleeping in class, too?”

Too?” Kwangmin's expression matched Youngmin's and he looked at Hyein.

“Oh my gosh, really? You got detention too?” Hyein asked with a hopeful voice and smile.

“No...” Kwangmin said and slowly started smirking. “You actually got detention?” he chuckled.

Hyein punched his shoulder. “You two...” she pointed at him and Youngmin, “Are the same!”

Kyunghee put her hand on Hyein's shoulder before sighing. “I hate to break it to you but Kwangmin and Youngmin... Well, they're twins.”

“Ugh. Not you too." Hyein rolled her eyes and put her head in the nest of her arms on the table.

“She fell asleep again.”

“I'm awake!” Hyein screamed.

Everyone laughed.

 

Later, in detention Hyein was just about to fall asleep again when the door of the detention room opened with a loud bang and two boys were being pushed in by a teacher. “Try and escape again and you'll have detention every day for the rest of the school year!”

“Rest of the school year? I'm okay with that. There's only three days left anyway!” scoffed one of the boys.

“What? Wait! No! What are you talking about. I'm not okay with this! Absolutely not!” screamed the older of the two boys as he quickly bowed and apologized to the teacher. “It won't happen again!”

The teacher narrowed his eyes to the two, then left the classroom. It was then quiet again all of a sudden. 

The older one of the two boys noticed Hyein sitting at the back of the classroom with her head on the desk. “Hoya,” he nudged the other, “Isn't that Sungjong's little sis'?"

Hyein heard it and immediately sat up, looking at the two boys.

How come they know?!