"Small things?"

Always be Mine

 

* Third Person's Point of View *

Kwangmin and Hyein sat on the bench for around ten minutes while Hyein was quietly crying, while also taking deep slow breaths to try and stop. Kwangmin couldn't do anything but hold her shaky hands and wait for her to say something.

Then, all of a sudden, Hyein's phone started vibrating, which startled them both. Hyein seemed to hesitate before she took a deep breath and looked a the caller ID. 

Lee Sungjong? Kwangmin thought. Why would he call her? And this early in the morning? 

He glanced at his own phone. 04:01 a.m.

Hyein answered but didn't say anything as she just listened to whatever Sungjong was practically screaming into the phone. Kwangmin could hear the sound of Sungjong's voice but he couldn't hear what exactly he was screaming about. Why would Lee Sungjong even call her though? Are they friends? ...related?

I've never seen them together even though he's in our school too.

“I'm fine.” she replied quietly, trying to hide the fact that she had been crying just now.

Another long lecture followed as Hyein rolled her eyes and listened. Kwangmin watched her and tried to figure out what kind of a relationship these two could possibly have. Ex boyfriend? Friend? Brother?

“Shut up, Sungjong. I'm sick of hearing you explain yourself. I'm sick of hearing your voice! No, I'm not coming home. I'm not alone right now. I'll be fine, so just get out of my house and out of my life.” Hyein almost screamed into the phone but managed to keep her voice fairly calm in the end. “Don't you dare approach me in school, I will actually punch you and not just once. Goodbye.”

That scream that was threatening to escape finally did so after she hung up on him though.

“Scream one more time. You'll probably feel a little better.” Kwangmin said, reminding her he was still beside her because she seemed to have forgotten.

“Say it one more time. I'll probably punch you, then I'll feel a whole lot better.” She glared at him, which made him widen his eyes and move back away from her. She sighed while looking down, then looked back up at him with an apologetic expression. “I'm sorry. I'm just so stressed out with everything that's happening in my life right now...”

“Want to talk about it?” Kwangmin asked her with a worried expression. “I think you should just let it all out. I promise you'll feel better then.”

Hyein smiled a little. Soon that smile turned into a little embarrassed giggle. “I don't know. I feel pretty stupid about what has just happened. It's embarrassing.”

Kwangmin rolled his eyes. “Oh come on. Embarrassing? I don't think anything will ever surpass the embarrassment I caused for myself just now acting like a little kid with you in this playground. My cool image is ruined.” He whined playfully and covered his face with his hands.  

“What image? I don't remember a cool one!” Hyein laughed, which made Kwangmin smile too. He was happy to have finally made her smile again. “I hope I'll see the ‘cool’ you again soon. Maybe the next time I become stressed out and overreact about small things.”

“Overreact?” Kwangmin asked. “...small things?”

“Ah. Yeah. Small things. Two of them. One, my big brother just moved in with me.” She explained as she let out a big yawn.

Big brother? Lee Sungjong? Kwangmin thought, They don't seem very close though.

“And two,” Hyein sighed leaning her head on Kwangmin's shoulder and closing her eyes. “My parents have just left me today.”

Small thing?!

 


Finally! Someone from infinite appears! :D or at least his voice does! :D actually not even that. hahahaha. I'm starting to become really obsessed with this band now! Have you heard their new song? Nothing's over~ Nothing's over~ Sungjong is adorable. :3