All Because of a Phone

A SHINing Love

 

 “Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Mom you don’t know how much this means to me.” I screamed. 

My mom just told me she was sending me to South Korea for six months to test it out before I decide to study there.

 “You’re welcome honey.  Do you have your ticket?”

 “Yes mom.” I reassured her.

 “Okay are you ready to head to the airport?”

 “Yepp let’s go.” I said my voice full of excitement.

 “Okay let’s go.”

My mom and me put my bags in the car and headed to the airport.  When we arrived, I rushed to the trunk then into the airport.  I completed all necessary preparations and then I waited.

 “7 o’clock to South Korea.”  The loud speaker announced startling me from the nap I was taking on my mom’s shoulder. I looked at her and smiled.

 “Go ahead honey call me when you arrive.”

 “Okay mom I love you”

“I love you too honey, have a great time.”  She kissed me on my forehead and sent me about my way.

I boarded the plane and sat in my seat.  I don’t know exactly how long it was until I arrived but I was extremely jet lagged.  I got off the plane and grabbed my luggage.  As I was completing all necessary tasks before I could head to my hotel, my heart started racing because all I could think of was SHINee arriving at the same time I did.  Fans were screaming and being held behind barriers.  I  quickly grabbed my stuff, headed out because I looked a mess, and didn’t want them to see me like that, and thought I probably shouldn’t add to the chaos they were already experience.  But trust me I was fan girling to death in my mind. As I was walking towards the door with my head down, I stopped as I ran into Key, dropping everything I had in my hands.  He squatted down to help me pick everything up and apologized for not paying attention even though it was really my fault.  He was really surprised at how calm I was.

“Don’t you know who I am??”  He questioned disappointment tinting his voice.

“Yea.  You’re Key from SHINee.”

“Why aren’t you freaking out like the rest of the fans?”

“It’s not my style.”  I said trying not to call my own bluff.

“Oh Okay.”

“Good English by the way.”

“Gamsahabnida.”

I smiled and started walking away. He met back up with Shine and I headed to the cab waiting for me outside.

When I arrived to the hotel, I called my mom from the room phone to let her know I arrived, and then took a nap, which turned into sleep.   When I woke up the next day I wanted to call my friends, Mi Eun and Mi Rae, to tell them I arrived and how pretty South Korea was, but I couldn’t find my phone.  I called my phone and I didn’t hear it ringing in my room.  I called again and a male voice answered.

 “yoboseyo.”  He said.

 “yoboseyo”

 “noogoo…”  He started to question but I stopped him.

I think you have my phone can we meet up somewhere because I really need it back?

Bolded words are Korean

Male:  “Uh...neh.”

We agreed to meet up at the Korean BBQ place down the street from my hotel at noon so I jumped in the shower and started getting ready.  I threw on sweatpants and a t-shirt and headed out the room.  When I arrived, I was surprised to see who had my phone.

“Is this your phone?”  Key asked surprised to see me again.  “I found it on the floor by the exit.”

 “Yes, it must have fallen out of my bag.”

He handed me my phone then lead me into the restaurant.

 “Wait, I thought we were just meeting so I could get my phone back.  I’m not dressed to go to lunch, with an idol at that.”

 “You know who I am?”

 “Of course I do.  You’re Key from SHINee. Didn’t we have this discussion at the airport?”  He was bashful when I said that.  

 “Oh yeah.  You look fine, I promise.”  He reassured me.

 “Okay.”

We walked in and sat down.  We ate bulgogi, galbi, and chicken.  When we finished he took me to my hotel room then went home.  He must have put my number in his phone because he called me about a week later asking to meet him and SHINee at the BBQ restaurant.  I met them there and was surprised at what they wanted.

 “Starting next week, we are doing a second series of SBS Hello Baby and we were wondering if you could help us out and be the mom.”  Minho started.

 “Uuhm I’m not sure if I am capable of that.”

 “I think you are.  You’ve seen it right?”  Onew asked.

 “Yea…but-“ I was cut off.

“Your blood type is O positive so I’m sure you are capable.” Key said.

“B-b-but how do you…”  I questioned.

“It was in your phone.” Key interrupted.

“My phone is locked how did you get into my phone?”

“I put the password in…I tried all of our names until one worked.”  Key said grinning at me.

“What the hell?”

“Don’t worry only I know it so make sure you change it.” Key looked at me nonchalant.

“Uhmm okay…but how does my blood type tell you if I am capable enough?”

 “It means you are determined to do well.”

“And with my issue with small children, we kind of need an extra person.”  Onew said while chuckling.

 “Well, I guess I could be the mom.”

 “Okay great can you meet us here at 6 am next Tuesday.”  Jonghyun added.  We will go to the house from there.”

 “Arasso.”

When I arrived back at my hotel, I called Mi Rae and Mi Eun to tell them the news.

 “Hey.” Mi Rae said.

“Hey, guess what?”

 “What?”

 “I’m going to be on SHINee’s Hello Baby starting next week.”

 “Aigoo~, that is awesome.”

 “I know, I am so excited.  What have you been up to?”

 “Nothing much I started talking to this boy but I don’t know if he is right for me.”

 “You will know soon enough maybe… I hope…”

 “Real reassuring Hye Mi, but I do too.”

 “I still have to call Mi Eun so I will talk to you later.”

 “Okay… Annyeong”

“Annyeong.”

                I called Mi Eun next and told her what happened and she was so excited.

 “Really?!”  Mi Eun said her voice full of excitement.

 “YES!!!”

 “You should so get me Taemin’s autograph.”

 “I will try I promise.”

 “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

 “Haha you’re welcome."

“It’s late here so we should talk tomorrow.”  She said beginning to yawn.

“Okay. Goodnight.”

“Night.”

I hung up the phone and started unpacking my things and hanging them in the closets.  I didn’t want to considering I was going to have to pack it all up again after I found an apartment to stay in.  By the time I finished unpacking, it was dinnertime so I ordered take out and waited for it to arrive.  I was so hungry it felt like forever.  After dinner, I called m y mom and told her everything that happened.