Messed up

Perfectly Mismatched

Chapter 9

 

“I don’t get it. So you’re saying that you wanted me to drink the liquid kind of thing?”, Jiyeon asks while her body was being supported by Myungsoo’s hand. She decreased in size - from 167 cm now she’s just of a size of a Barbie doll. “No. I don’t!”, he argued.

“Ow!”, Jiyeon stumbled onto the sofa. He forgot that she’s that fragile. It was his fault, really. “Sorry.”

“I am not believing this.”, she hides her figure to the pillow beside her, sits, and looks down. It was so cute of her to see move like that. “Listen, I am sorry. I’m not really doing it.. I. I already dumped the bottle into my garbage can last night. I can-“, before he can continue with his sentence, he remembers the note tucked in the weird potion.

 

“That’s right!”

“What’s right?”, “Come with me”, he snatched Jiyeon and deliberately goes to his condo where he must’ve misplaced the bottle. He hopes her to become normal. He hopes that she will be, too, because if not.. this is going a not-so-be-good thing for them.

 

“Where is it?!”, L asks the personnel responsible in cleaning his room. It was his before but he checked out today so practically talking, it was no one’s now. “What sir?”, the guy in uniform examines. “The garbage can. It was placed here! Just right here. Last night it was just right here!”, he pointed as the other gives him an apology. “I’m sorry sir but it’s already been collected. Of all due, if we are -”

“No! I want to talk to your manager.”

“Wait, what’s happening??”, Jiyeon struggles out. She cannot breathe normally because Myung placed her inside his thick black jacket. She can hear words but she wanted to escape in there. She was no doll for sure. She’s a human trapped in a body that she didn’t intend to go.

 

“Are we going to wait here for another hour?”, Jiyeon tells. “Just wait right there. They’re making their actions.”, he whispers to her softly. Half of her body is revealed to the outside world. “Are you sure?”

A guy coughs. “Mr. Kim?”, he pushes her body below and stands up.  

 

---

 

“Where can the two be?”, Hae jung worries all of a sudden. Two hours have passed. Could it be that they’re lost? “No. No.”, she shakes her head momentarily. Her phone beeps.

Myungsoo : I will be there very soon. Please tell Mr. Han .

 

He lays out what he wanted to say. A short message but it means a lot. It’s a sign that he’s okay. Haejung sighs and goes on to reply.

 

Her: Ok : )

 

---

“What? This can’t happen. I just left the room for fourty-minutes and you’re telling me that it’s gone?”

“Yes, sir. We are strict in sanitation and we want to ensure that our guests are highly-”

“You can’t say that. In fact, I’m not yet done with packing up my things when you let your handle enter my room”, he waves his hands to the air. “No, don’t say sorry again. Because you’re not giving me back anything.”

He was so pissed off that he kicks the door and leaves a strange glance to each person in the room before disappearing.

 

---

 

Meanwhile, Jiyeon covers herself by Myungsoo’s hanky. “This. When you see people, hide”, it’s a yellow one that Myungsoo wears like a scarf draped over his neck. “We’re not going to do this.”

“Yes we are”

They traveled into the lounge where there are many people waiting to board. Myungsoo zips on his jacket to cover. “Wait, I’m not done yet!”

“Myung!”, Haejung scoffs. She holds on to her knees and catches her breathing. “Did you.. did you find her?”

“Yes.”

Jiyeon raises an eyebrow. Found me? “She said she was going on a trip”

“A trip? Where??”, Haejung was baffled to hear that from L. “But I did not see her”, she looks around. “Uh. She uhm..”,

No, he can’t say that!

Jiyeon wanted to explain reasons but she can’t. She thought twice before letting a word escape into . Myungsoo touches his jacket pocket. “She flew last night.”

“How did you know?”, and there it is – the question. How did he know? Myungsoo searches for an answer. “Well.”, he wanted to get rid of it, a random topic may do. He sees the big platform of many lights and they’re time of flight is near to come. “I think we have to go”

He alibies, sort of. But he can’t just say things to her like that. It will do more complications. They’re so messed up.