A new friend

Perfectly Mismatched

 

Chapter 5

 

Days have passed but Myungsoo thinks of her before he sleeps at night. He stares at the blank white ceiling of his room, his hands resting at the back of his head to keep him calm and relaxed. Meanwhile, one of his co-actors in the set, Minhyuk Lee, threw him a pillow that hit him in the chest and stopped his fantasies over his love team on screen Jiyeon.

“Tsk”, he carefully pats the part of his body where he believes that was hurt. But it’s only a pillow. A pillow can’t hurt a person that hard.

L is pissed. Minhyuk was one of the not-so-main characters in the set but he needed to be in Jeju island too because this is where he’ll be going to pop out in the film as a Hyun Jee's younger brother.

“What’re you smiling at?”, the pillow made its way to the ground. Myungsoo lifts up from his bed. His smile cleared away as Minhyuk stopped him from his happy thoughts. “It’s none of your business”, he replied.

 

 

The boy opens a mini ref placed inside Myungsoo’s room, in his little kitchen where he can also cook. It was one of the rooms where a person could not ask for more. A room that has many things in there. Jiyeon's room was also like this too since her room is just across the hallway. Also, he has a telephone that he can use to call people to buy him stuffs or midnight snacks. Nevertheless, he’s popular.

He takes out a half-emptied bottle of water. “Hey!”, Myungsoo unreleased his body to his bed. He quickly grabs it from the other’s hands when Minhyuk was about to open it and move it close to his mouth to take a sip. “Why is there so much adrenaline rush?”, Minhyuk squirts out an insulting laugh. Myungsoo, with furious eyes cannot attempt to look at him straight but only concentrated to what he’s holding.

 

 

“Ms. Park”, the make-up artist informed her. “We’ll be the ones who will make your hair”, Jiyeon bowed in acceptance. She twisted the bottle cap of her drinking mineral water and left it inside the tent where she and Myungsoo rests.

When Jiyeon was nowhere to be seen, he can’t resist looking at it. Jiyeon’s lips touched it, he thought while sliding his perfect fingers to the rim of the bottle. It’s as if there was something inside that bottle that wants him to take it.

 

 

“P.J. ?”, his co-actor looked down to what he’s clenching and saw that the bottle has initials in it. “What?!”, Myungsoo lifts up the bottle to connect to what he’s saying. There’s a tape reaching near the bottom part of it and states two letters of probably, the owner’s name.

He covers it with his hand and places it again inside his mini-ref. “Stop.. meddling with my things”, he cannot seem to control his face. Minhyuk’s presence brought him embarrassment. Just after that scene, Myungsoo thought about her, dreamt about her and even rushed to wake up early every day to the set just to see her beautiful face that brightens upon the shore.

 

“Oh.. Don’t say that.. Pfft”, Minhyuk squints. He gets his palm and covers his mouth. “What?”, the other looks at him like a kid not wanting anyone to touch him. How come that showing a cold expression in his face comes to be very natural for him?

“No, I’m not saying it to anyone”

“Say what?”, he shoves his arm. “P.J.!”, Minhyuk then again laughs and touches his belly.

“Aish”, L rolls his eyes. Seems like there’s no point in getting away with this.

 

---

 

The night sky shines brighter for Minhyuk. His smile is like a sibling of the moon. Minhyuk totally loves the dark sky. The two were in the veranda. A big bottle of soju that Minhyuk bought is placed at the center of the small table outside. He uncaps it and gives L some. “So you just realized it now?”

His ear piercing and his lovely earring complimented Minhyuk’s features. He looks like a bad boy somehow but he’s really childish and he’s very cute when he smiles. “I don’t know”, “How problematic”, Minhyuk replies him. L finishes up his glass.

 “I mean.. we always bicker and fight and quarrel but since that day.. Min, do you think that she got some witchcraft powers?”, the other laughs hard. “Are you okay?? You’re being too paranoid! Just be straight to the point, you like her..

 

You like her, Myung”, he addressed him unpolitely now, showing that there’s two people who’re becoming closer to one another.

 

“No”, “Yes”

“No!”

“Yes yes yes”, L was in a shock. “Dang! I don't like her. She's just my.. my co-star. Everyone knows we are”, he conjects.

“You know, I don’t get you. Why don’t you just say things to her and everything’s okay?? You’re not a teenager anymore, you’re 21!”, Myungsoo cannot believe that Minhyuk can also be an adviser despite the bad boy character he looks like. Well, he’s not like 'that' really. He wants to believe that he only portrays to be when he’s on-cam because that is what they are needed to. Life in showbiz is really something different. People look at you as an image, and sometimes it’s the image that you are really not.

 


 

A/N:
Sorry that it's only short -.- [On-Hiatus] But anyways..
I decided to introduce a new character Yay! :D


Minhyuk Lee from Btob

isn't he cute?? *winks*