Little Jiyeonnie

Perfectly Mismatched

Chapter 8

 

There was a throwback of words before Jiyeon let him inside. “Well, it was your fault anyway”, she considers while Myungsoo was putting ice into it so that it will soothe the pain. “Is it my fault that you tripped?”

A battle starts up.

“You’re the one who called that’s why I made my way to the door”

“I didn’t command you to open it and run, trip on a towel and made yourself look cute in those panjamas. Or maybe you really wanted me to see you like that that’s why..”, Jiyeon shoved him away. “You.. Ugh! Get away! You’re lucky that I have sprained my foot or else..”

 

“Or else what? Who would nurse your foot when I’m not here?”, he stares at her eyes. Jiyeon feels like she’s melting. She feels somewhat strange, something like an alien to her feelings. There was a moment of silence before the two of them started to look at a different spot. As if there was a spark on both of them two.

 

“Anyways, I have to go. My patient is throwing me away”, L jokes. He grasps his feet and turns his back walking away. Jiyeon feels mesmerized upon seeing Myungsoo’s back. It’s beautiful. She never thought how beautiful can a man can be. But then she stopped her glance, eyeing a mineral bottle resting on the end table at her side. “Is this mine?”

 

Oh no. I left the bottle. Myungsoo carried his feet back to where Jiyeon was. “It’s.. yours. You left it on the set the other day. No, you left it one day when we were taping”, it makes him scratch the back of his head while giving her an acceptable answer. “Really? I don’t remember”, she holds it uptight.

“Well maybe you have forgotten”

“Oh well. Thanks”, she uncaps it. “Wait!”, Myungsoo was then again in panic. “What?”, Jiyeon sounds so normal, not even curious about him acting so strange. “Nothing..”, he sighs. He blames himself for leaving it behind.

She puts it closely to to drink. Myungsoo can feel the bottle touching her soft pink lips. “Jiyeon..”, “Uhn?”, it stopped again Jiyeon from drinking the potion. Myungsoo was in relief. If this goes for several times, maybe Myungsoo will be on a heart attack.

“Nothing. Nevermind”, he moves his hands to the air gently.

“Why are you stopping me?”

“I’m not”

“Yes you are! You said it was mine but you are stopping me”, she argues.

“It’s yours actually. But you can drink a different beverage…”, Myungsoo opens her refrigerator without permission.

“Hey!”, Jiyeon is alarmed.  

He hands her an energy drink and on the other hand, he snatches away the mineral bottle/potion in her hands. “Here! It may be expired you know. I’m just concerned”

“Water does not have an expiration date”, Jiyeon says. “Yes it has, I learned that when I was younger”, to turn the subject away, Myungsoo caps the potion.

Not having a word to say, Jiyeon just agrees, “Okay then. If that’s what you say”

“Yeah. I have to go. Bye!”, he runs back to his room where he was supposed to be.

 

 

 

“I’m.. nearly.. having a heart attack with this girl”, Myungsoo states while he tossed the bottle into the garbage can. He was convinced that he doesn’t have to make Jiyeon fall for him if she really doesn’t. Maybe it will be just destiny to dictate if they are meant for each other. Sounds old-fashioned but Myungsoo believes in that.. for now.

 

---

 

Jiyeon was on a quite shock. “What?”, she shrugs, getting her iPhone and just played CandyCrush. After a couple of minutes, she can feel her ankle relieved a lot. But apart from it, she still cannot stand that firm, only tip toeing to ease hurt from getting in her right foot.

It was the time she wanted to sleep when she eyed an object resting at her dining table. “I put this bottle inside the ref if I remember”

 

Myungsoo probably mistaken the bottle of potion. He indeed forgot where he actually landed the bottle of potion when he entered Jiyeon’s room.

 

She was on her way to the kitchen when she felt thirsty.  

And as a naïve woman that time, she uncaps the (true) bottle of potion as if there was someone whispering her to consume it. She was hungrily thirsty for water that time and filled her tummy.

When she was finished, she feels something strange happening around her. All of the things around her turned to be so big. So big she can’t actually calculate. Jiyeon thought if it was only a dream that her clothes are starting to loose from her body. Her fingers and all the body parts she can see are also minimizing its sizes.

“What’s happening?? What’s happening to me?”, she wanted to yell but her voice is also getting into a lower pitch.  

 

---

 

The next day was supposed to be the departure day for them. But Jiyeon is missing. The crews began to look for her early in that morning. Even the villagers searched for her. “Are there any chances that you saw this girl??”, a picture of Jiyeon was all around Jeju island.

“Don’t let the Press know about it first”, the director commanded one of the staffs.

“What’s happening?”, Myungsoo arrived on the place where they should meet. “Jiyeon is missing”, Hyun Jee announces him the bad news.

“WHAT?!”

 

He ran as fast as he could, searching her inside the room she stayed the night before. “Jiyeon??”, it was his fault. “Myungsoo?”, Jiyeon was underneath her clothes and it was a bit heavy. “I’m here! Myungsoo!”, she waved at him.

 

Myungsoo searches for her in the bathroom, at her bedroom, and in her kitchen but she’s nowhere to be seen. Jiyeon was getting unhopeful now. No person that entered her room noticed her even if she had called their names a hundred or a thousand times. She tried to give all of her best but she’s too little now and how will they find out that she’s really who she is?

A few seconds later, Myungsoo picks up his phone. “No, she’s not here”

“I’m going to check the park near this hotel”, Hyun Jee’s voice disappeared when Myungsoo clicked the red button. He was blaming himself for what had happened and lands a fists onto the table near the refrigerator where Jiyeon was in. A spoon fell into the ground and when he sees it, a remark of Jiyeon stayed there – Jiyeon’s clothes.

 

 

Is he nearly getting the point that Jiyeon wasn’t totally missing?

 


  A/N :
A double update! YAY! <3 I dunno..
I was full of thoughts this day and
I don't want to write this two chapters
a little late. They say,, it's better late
than never but i say,
'it better be written today than tommorow or the other day'

Kyahaha! Okay, goodnight guys <3 Enjoy reading. Thanks to y'all!