A very bad ending

Perfectly Mismatched

Chapter One

 

Myungsoo sat on the driver’s seat, putting on his car keys that made the machine engine of his Maserati roar into life. He lightly curled up his lips and smirked as he passed onto the crowds, tilting up his black shades branded Charlie WinGrin that made him popular. It has become part of his identity, advertising it for straight six years. Known to showbiz life, part of him didn’t want it. His ultimate dream was to simply live in a private life – away from showbiz rumors and intrigues that cause him pain every time he had heard or see his name reflecting on the wide television screen he has at his own house.

He shuts it off, lying plainly to his white sofa, telling to his self that all bad rumors about him was just only a lie paparazzi’s made out to mess up his image or simply because of fun.

After heaving a sigh, he grabs his phone and looks on to his phone screen. An image of him and his fiancée Hyun Jee was there, smiling, and behind them was a windmill, perfect for a background, perfect for a couple who just wanted to have fun. He missed her. Like no other guy, he calls Hyun Jee, checking if she was just alright.

“I’m just fine”, Hyun Jee blurts out all of a sudden, maneuvering the steering wheels to turn left, wondering why his fiancé calls her in the late of night.

“Are you driving? Aish. I said don’t pick up your phone while you’re on your way home. Besides, I’m just going to check on you”, Myungsoo attempted to drop the call but Hyun Jee insisted to keep it. “Miss me?”, looks like she had heard every word travelling on his mind. 

“Tomorrow I would see Jiyeon to check if my wedding dress is ready”, she tells him with a smile encrypted on her face. She’s definitely excited for their wedding day.

Myungsoo travelled his phone to his left ear, clipping it by his shoulders to let his right hand free and poured orange juice into a glass. “Do you want me to accompany you?”, he said in reply, now sipping from the glass.

Hyun Jee heard him gulping. Everything about Myungsoo is stupendous for her. He loves him very much, second to her passion, her life. She shook her head, “No. I’m just okay. Besides, I want to surprise you”, giggling as she delivered it, Myungsoo know what she wants to happen. She’s truly a girl full of surprises.

“Neh. You sure?”, “Uhn”, she nodded even though they’re far from each other.

“Okay. Just be sure that it isn’t too short”, he commanded her that made her feel so loved and protected. Of course it’s a wedding. A man wouldn’t want others to snatch away her soon to be lawful wife on that very special day. “I know, I know”

 

“Is that orange juice?”, she asked him even though she knows his answer. Either ways, she wanted to confirm that it was the same from what she was thinking at the very moment. “What??”, Myungsoo blows off what’s on his mouth, surprised. “Are you somewhat a fortune teller? Better tell me or what”, he said in a playing tone of voice.

Hyun Jee blurted a laugh from the other line. She knows what is Myungsoo’s favorite drink, his favorite past time, and even his favorite shirt that he keeps on his closet. He complains if it isn’t there. If compared, she was like a slam book that knows all about Myungsoo’s favorites and events in life.

“And what if I am?”, she followed his joke, trying not to laugh now. He doesn’t know what to reply or how to keep the joke up. She’s gotta be kidding me. Myungsoo said at the back of his mind. “Kidding!”, the playful Hyun Jee tricks Myungsoo who was about to be caught at the time. “You’re really.. Ugh.”, he stresses his voice, wanting her to feel guilty of what she has done.

“Did you forgot that I will be your future wife?”, then it was brought up. Myungsoo feel a thorn got pulled away from his chest. That simple words made his mood lighten up. He carried a smile while sitting to his white sofa, staring at the invitation resting on the top of his end table.

‘H and M’ was engraved in front of it, covering the list of the guests inside. They decided to make their wedding a little private as Myungsoo’s fans will not get it away with if it was announced to the public. But although only some of their friends are invited, they consider it as a very special day. A day where they will give promises and where they will cherish their time being together.. forever.

 

“Myung?”, he had almost forgotten that he had her on the other line. “N-No.. The truth is that I’m very excited to be with you”. He formed a chuckle after he had said that, showing off those cute dimples he has on both of his cheeks, but especially to his right.

“Me too”, Hyun Jee seemed to be pleased, eyeing the engagement ring placed on her left middle finger. After their wedding, she will be called Mrs. Kim Hyun Jee.

On a sudden thought, she forgot to look up, completely not aware of what was in front of her sight. It was a crossing she had to take but a big truck made its way first. She stomped at the brakes, slowing her car’s speed but it unfortunately doesn’t work. Not this time. What is her only choice is to bump on a fence that leads to a steep hill. She didn’t know what to do but still, she tried to turn the steering wheel to a different direction, hoping that it will cause her a little less distraction.

“Hyun Jee?”, Myungsoo checks her out. She was completely lost out if the line. “Hyun Jee??”

 

---

 

He hurriedly carried himself out of his condo and neither changed the clothes he was wearing that night. Myungsoo did not care if people or paparazzi saw him rushing to a near hospital. What was his worry is the condition of his fiancée Hyun Jee. “Miss Lee Hyun Jee?”, “Room 31, second floor”, the nurse did not think twice but to abruptly answer his question.

He was absolutely out of the blue and only concentrated to getting to the room and seeing her. Twisting the doorknob that leads to what the nurse has said, he closed his eyes before entering it, hoping that it wasn’t as bad as he was expecting. 

 

Jiyeon came rushing too. She bumped into an old man who wears patient clothes and beside him was a nurse helping him to regain his balance. “Mianhae”, she bowed, apologizing and making way for her bestfriend.  She doesn’t know how’d this happen or even, why? Why is it has to be her that will be married to a guy soon and live out a family?

Reaching the hallway of the rooms 30-41, she saw a man sitting outside with his head kept low at the middle of his legs. He was wearing light clothes, a white three-fourths for his top and black pants that somehow looks like a pajama. How she wanted to run and see Hyun Jee in room 31 as fast as she can but if she will, it might just ruin the moment or even, wake up the man possibly in a sleeping position that time.

She slowly dragged her feet, quietly as possible. Meters away from the man she saw, she was having a clue of who he is. “L?”, letting out a soft voice, Jiyeon ducked and knelt, dropping her satchel to the floor. She can feel his pain. He was trembling.

“Jiyeon..”, he did not move or even tilt his head to see the one who’s calling his screen name. Just by Jiyeon’s voice, he knows that she was her. He had memorized her voice by the connection between Hyun Jee and she has.

“Say, she will be okay, right?”, Myungsoo’s voice was strait, cold, but nevertheless, Jiyeon can feel that it was hopeful. Hopeful that some time, all things will turn out to be fine again. Early before the accident, Hyun Jee called her to fix things up with her wedding. She made her bestfriend in-charge of their wedding, from the food tasting, invitations and so as her wedding dress.

She tucked her lips inside , not even a word was permitted to go out of it.

A tear was about to slid in her right eye after seeing Myungsoo in pain. He can see how he was sad. It’s not even just sadness but she can say that he was depressed.

 

---

 

“The doctors said she’s in a comma. It was a silly accident.”, Myungsoo looks down, stutters, his face looks stressed somehow. He kicked a pebble which was getting on his way. “I.. I was the one who had a last talk with her. We were joking and talking on the phone while the accident happened”, tension filled Jiyeon’s chest while he was telling her how Hyun Jee had resulted to that. He’s probably blaming himself for what had happened.

“I.. am sure that she’ll be going to be fine. She’s a strong girl!”, Jiyeon acted like a macho man and angled her elbow thirty-degrees to portray like one.

“You think so?”, he was amazed by how Jiyeon looked at it. That way, he knows she can understand his pain. “Uhn”, Jiyeon nodded, reassuring him that everything will be just fine. She glanced at her right, sometimes her being so positive also brings herself down but she just can’t make him see that. Not now. Myungsoo puts a hand to his nape and scratched it. “Well maybe I have to rest for a while. See ya then”

They were now on a bus stop. She forgets that she strolled with Myungsoo all along with having a talk like that. It was the longest talk they ever had other than discussing Hyun Jee and Myungsoo’s plans for their wedding.

“Bye”, waving her hand, she stepped on the bus getting her way home. She sighed, looking at the window and seeing Myungsoo there, expressionless and turning back to the hospital where Hyun Jee was confined.

 


First Chapter.
Betrayal : >.< mianhe.. The fluffy grey hamster gives you a lollipop now. It took me a minute or two to figure that it is color grey and not blue. I hope your not mad at me now. Keke.