What if?

Perfectly Mismatched

Chapter 7

 

Myungsoo headed to his condo now. Minhyuk is still at the same position but he was snoring now, totally in a deep sleep. He takes out the bottle inside his jacket and examines it before he sat on the edge of his bed. “Just what happened now?”, he asked himself, studying the bottle cropped in his hands. He can see a slight amount of vapor coming out of it but it’s surprisingly not hot. “It’s really a magic potion”.

 

“Oh, let me sign your t-shirt wait for a sec..”, Myungsoo tossed the magic potion in his bed upon hearing Minhyuk talk. He peeks at him and sees that he’s just murmuring. “Weird..”, a sense of relief was painted in Myungsoo’s face. He touched his chest. It’s recently going up and down, throbbing.

 

Then he shifts his eyes again to the potion that stumbled on his bed covered with white. He was glad it didn’t crash onto the wall and broke into pieces. A note was placed with a ribbon and dangled on the neck of the object. L looks at it with curiousity in his eyes.

 

“ Three single drops will satisfy you easily..
Your love will be yours and forever shall be.

But when you have second thoughts, make her drink this all of this and things will then go again normally! ”

 

 

 ---

 

The next day was Jiyeon’s and Myungsoo’s last taping in Jeju island. Everyone is so excited that morning and refreshing melon milk tea was there to comfort all of the staffs. The director paused for a few. A break may help the crew and the casts portray the very last scene. It was the ending. Two hours and they shall go home. Two hours before Myungsoo could not stay anymore with Jiyeon in this paradise.

 

He sipped at his straw, enjoying the cool breeze. He wore shades again and only light clothes the costume designers preferred to portray his character in the film. L’s glad that it was the last day. But it cannot be hidden that he was also sad.

His phone alarmed in vibration while it rests on the mini table outside, making a sound to which he has gain the attention of the crews in the set. L sees them by his peripheral vision and picks up his phone.

“Myung!”, a yell welcomed the call.

“Sungyeol, I can hear you”, he moved his hand away farther from his ear. “Myung! This night is your last day on Jeju right?? *bark* *bark* Oh no Panda don’t sit there!”, there are signs that inside his home in Seoul there was a quarrel between his bestfriend and his lovely Hatchi dog.

 

“Y-Yeah why??”, he chuckles while listening to the two of them. The rests of the boys of Infinite also laughs and Myungsoo can hear their voices.

“Sungyeol misses you!”, Sunggyu snatches the phone out from Sungyeol.

“Shut up! What am I saying is, wanna have fun?”, his bestfriend struggles.

“We are preparing something for you Myungs—”, they’re cute though. Sungjong gains a lot of eyes saying ‘that was supposed to be a secret’

 

“Really? Haha! Thanks!”, L was being sarcastic. “Thanks all to you Sungjong!”, different voices bullied Sungjong and after that, they threw him all the pillows in the living room.

 

Call Ended.

 

 ---

 

That night, Jiyeon was very restless. She couldn’t sleep neither do something productive. How she wanted to go home soon to bond with her bestfriend, but the Press won’t allow it. Her busy schedules filled up her planner as she looks at it. Jiyeon laid on her bed like a little girl making a snow angel on the snow. She seems childish in a way. Slowly, she curled up her body like a cat and closed her eyes.

“Sleep. Tomorrow’s the big day. You’re seeing lot of people in Seoul”, she commanded herself to sleep.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of Jiyeon’s room, Myungsoo opens the cap of the potion. It somehow looks a bottle of wine and he needed a bottle opener for him to open it. When all of his duties are done, he smells what’s inside of it. ”Lavander?”,  a peculiar scent of flower trickled inside his nose buds.

Cautiously, he unties the ribbon and the note placed in the neck of the object and reads it for the second time. He might overlook the procedure. “Just three drops.. but where will I put it??”

He thought of things and how can he make Jiyeon fell for his trap. Myungsoo searches inside his mini-refrigerator and a good idea came up. He grabs Jiyeon’s bottle. Well technically it was his bottle now because he stole it. A smile curled up in his face making his lips look like a rotated number three horizontally.

Fast as when he feels adrenaline rush, he pours three single drops to the half-emptied mineral water bottle. The color of the potion naturally blended on the drink and went to transparent. He cannot deny it was amusing to watch. “Wait, do I have to shake it?”, he checks the note again. Nothing tells him to shake it.

“Well, nothing says here”, he lifts up the mineral water bottle that turned into magical something. At the back of his mind, he asks himself if he was sure of it. Half of him says YES and the other half of him says NO. But then again, he was only bargaining with only himself so he should know the answer.   

 

Almost an hour passed when he made up the decision to go to Jiyeon’s room. This was his first try to call her. He panicked. Reluctantly, he turned back to his room and practiced at the mirror of his bathroom to choose whether to say ‘hi’ or ‘hello’.

“Aish. What am I doing?! I’m feeling so dumb!”, he stops and closes his eyes. Suddenly, Minhyuk’s words hit him. Just say it to her, you’re not a teenager anymore. You’re 21!

“Being scolded by someone younger than me feels like I’m a lower class than him”, he sighed getting out of his room again, finding courage in pressing  the white button – Jiyeon’s doorbell. The hotel they are checked-in is really cool that they have doorbells in each room.

 

 

Jiyeon strides while munching popcorns. She was busy watching a movie but someone cut her in doing so. “Who will call this late of night?”, she asked herself. Only a meter or two away from the door, she slipped on a towel of hers that made her shriek.

“Jiyeon?? Jiyeon are you okay?”

“Myungsoo?”, he questions. “Why is he here? O-ow.. my foot..”, she moans softly while getting her foot back into shape. “I’m okay!”, she yells.

“Why are you here?”, she struggled in getting up, reaching the door. Maybe there was an important news Myungsoo have to tell her immediately, somewhat related to their job as an artist. Myungsoo thought for a moment. He glances at the mineral bottle in his hands. But before he could say ‘nothing’, Jiyeon let the door open. She was cute, wearing panjamas with a bear design and a matching top.

 

“Hi”, Myungsoo greeted. Jiyeon concentrated on her hurt foot.

“H-“, Did Myungsoo said ‘hi’?? He never greets me ‘Hi’ in his entire life. She raised an eyebrow to him. Somehow his lips cannot be seen, he hides it. Maybe because of shyness. “What are you planning Mister?”, Jiyeon puts a hand to her waist.

“I.. I was wondering if I uh.. I heard you screaming”

“I tripped. A towel was on the way”, she twists again her ankle that made it hurt once more.

 

And there was an offer. “Do you want me to help?”

---