Proffesionalism

Perfectly Mismatched

Chapter Two

 

“Cut!”, the director cued. All the cast have gone out of the set. The crew was amazed of how it looked pretty real. The screenshots, the cinematography, the way the characters delivered their lines.. Jiyeon can’t help but to be moved by the film they are making.

“You two really have it”

“Have what?”, Myungsoo asks Hyun Jee who is taken care of the staff, helping her to take off the apparatuses stuck in her body. She's looking pale because of her make-up but possesses a natural beauty within. Hyun Jee raises a brow, trying to pass the message onto him. If he can just connect to what she’s saying.

She shrugged. He’s not getting it. “What??”, Myungsoo annoyingly asks the same question for the second time.

 

---

 

“Are you guys.. dating?”, Hyun Jee decided to curiously seek the two for an answer while having their break on a restaurant near the set.

“What?!”, in uniform, Myungsoo and Jiyeon looks at each other. Surprised. “No”, they’re totally digging it, not getting out of synchronization.

Hyun Jee was amazed to see their reactions. They have this great potential of being a couple but how did they manage to get it? Is this what you really call professional actors and actresses?

“Wow”, she exclaims, not believing it.

Myungsoo sticks a dumpling to his mouth, munching it while scanning Hyun Jee’s expression. He can’t help but to let out a chuckle upon seeing opens a little. “What’s amazing with that?”

“B-But.. you two look like.. a perfect couple”

 

A short time of awkward silence has passed. It was like they always heard the same thing, not just aware if it was a compliment. Then one of the crews passed them. He laughs, totally knowing the relationship of the two, “What perfect? Perfectly Mismatched!”

 

---

 

“Kamsahamnida!”, Jiyeon bowed to say thanks to the director. Another tiring day has passed. She was on her way to open her car door but her phone suddenly beeped. She scrolled messages from her real life bestfriend,  IU.

How was your taping with L? Did you have fun today? –IU

She thought of things to say but a car honked its horn that made Jiyeon drop her phone to the ground. “Hey!”

Turning to her back, Myungsoo scrolled down his window of his black car and signaled her. She was blocking the way. “Aish”, Jiyeon rolled her eyes, slowly picking up her phone, trying to see if it was damaged or what. “Can you just walk away? You’re blocking my way”

Myungsoo was a meannie. They were each other’s bully and kept fighting for some reason. She slid her fingers to her scratched iPhone, angry of what he has done.

“My phone got scratched because of you!”, she yelled but Myungsoo just kept looking at her by his cold glance. He then moved his lips gently and travelled out of his car. Seems like there wasn't anything to be done.

He bent down his head with clasped hands. “Oh miss. I’m sorry. I really, really mean it”, he makes a face like he was really annoying her. Jiyeon growls in anger but she composes herself as not to be humiliated in front of this man.

“Really?”, Jiyeon asked in a soft voice. Myungsoo nodded, his self was lying. Then she made a smile and twinkled her eyes. “Then be”, he thought he was safe enough but Jiyeon already made her way in front of his car and kicks its hood with a loud thud.

“What the—”

She sticks her tongue out with hands beside her little ears, running away. Now, they are even. “She’s really.. Ugh”, Myungsoo mutters. “She’s really getting on my nerves”, he clenches his fist, looking down to the hood of his black car slightly damaged by Jiyeon’s four-inch heel.

"Sorry, are you hurt??", he pats it gently like a baby.

---

 

Jiyeon slopped her body to her bed and stills herself, talking to IU on the phone about the happenings today. “Neh. You still didn’t tell me how was L..”, her tone was a little bit disappointed but also wanting her to say anything about him.

“You do like him, don’t you?”, IU speaks differently – bubbly, not the IU who everyone knew. It was rarely revealed to public that beyond her ‘shy type’ looks, she can be also that comedic and funny of a personality. “Who said?!”, Jiyeon raised a tone, denying her accuses.

 

Meanwhile, in Myungsoo’s condo..

The Infinite was playing darts. It was Sungyeol’s turn now, aiming the center of the circle board to beat the defender Sungjong. He makes his eyes smaller than it was and focuses on trying his very hard. But Myung interrupted him by getting the feather-ish thing in his hand and threw the dart beforehand. “Woah”, the dart entered the small red circle spot which was unbelievably two meters away from where Myungsoo was standing.

“How did you do that?”, Woohyun asked. He puts his hands inside his pockets and passed at him slowly. “What a dumb question”, Sunggyu chuckles in dismay. “L knows how to capture one’s heart in just three simple tricks”

Hoya and Dongwoo began to be interested and sat on the couch to hear Sunggyu’s words of wisdom. “Three tricks?”

“Let me tell you”, Sunggyu lowers his voice and signals the two with his hand to come near him while Myungsoo was set to get him something to eat. He decided on picking out a bottle of soju and smiles as he heard updates about the newest cars in town from his fellow vehicle enthusiast/ co-member of the band, Sungyeol Lee. “First, that killer smile”

Myungsoo gently pours liquid on a crystal glass while having a loud talk with Sungyeol. “Second is his gentleness”

He spills the water to the table unwittingly. Distracted, he dampens it with a cloth near him just about to realize that it was his favorite hanky. “Aish”, Myungsoo blows it off, hoping that it would dry soon as he wishes but it was totally soaked with wetness.   

“And third?”, Hoya and Dongwoo looks up to Sunggyu, waiting for the third reason. He can’t find any words to say but he needed to make up one so he’ll complete a three. And then he commented, “Well.. Isn’t he cute that way?”

 


A/N :

'Well.. Isn't he cute that way :))'


Sorry for having a very dramatic entrance on Chapter 1 >:D
I caught you there, reader! *Achievement : Write a different First Chapter (Unlocked)
Well, Enjoy reading and hope you feel a little bit fancied by this chapter ;)