The Jung Household

Memories and Promises

 

Mrs. Jung was already in her mid-thirties and was still active in her age, acting like a teenager and after all, Krystal is always persuading her in doing such teenage acts. She was always fun and outgoing, her husband would always stare at her with an eyebrow raised whenever she does those teenage acts. It was rare to find a woman within her mid-thirties to be acting like a teenager. But unlike any other husbands, he also finds it fun.

Their house was also mansion like but was bigger than Yuri’s. Elegantfurnitures were properly situated in every space of the house. The wall was painted in rich gold and gold specks were visible from the light shining against it. The moldings were painted in royal red to make a magnificent pair to the wall’s color. Classic Paintings from famous artists were placed in the wall, The Last Supper, Mona Lisa, The Scream, The Peasant Wedding and much more. But the biggest painting was their family portrait; it was measuring 4-ft in height. A gold frame with intricate pattern was carved on it, it wrapped the family portrait into a perfect masterpiece anyone could find.

The furnitures were sure enough to be imported from wood rich countries. The color well matched the walls; it was covered in pearl white and has a sparkling shade. Small picture frames were displayed in every drawer and some of it was souvenir items from countries that they traveled together as a family. Bubble-heads and a small porcelain figurine of an ice skater and Venus de Milo were displayed. Everything was just elegant it was as if compared to a royal house with kings and queens living residing in and sure enough the princesses in the house hold were none other than the Jung sisters.

Mrs. Jung was seated in a three-seater sofa, legs crossed and a glass of water in her hand. She was acting classy and Krystal was imitating her, she too, crossed her legs and held a bottle of water in her hand instead of a glass. She was holding back her laughter and just smiled, it was obvious she was acting classy like her mom. Mrs. Jung noticed her and crossed her legs again, she held her glass before to take a sip but before she could, she stared at her daughter who was imitating her drinking the whole bottle of water. Krystal didn’t know that her mother was staring at her and striking a grin. She stopped drinking her water and raised an eyebrow to her mom who was grinning like a villain.

“What?!” she raised her playful voice and was still staring at her mom.

“Nothing, I thought of playing with you since you’re always imitating me. You lose, Krystal! HAHA” she daughter and showed off her tongue.

“You’re so gonna get it from me next time, mom!” She continued staring at her mom and rolled her eyes then left.

“Whatever Krystal” she teased before Krystal vanished in her sight. Her voice echoed around the house.

“And Krystal!Call your sister and ask her where she’s staying in Korea.” Mrs. Jung ordered her youngest. She shifted her position on the sofa and placed her glass on the table.

“Alright, should we tell her too that we’re here in Korea? And mom, you’re so mean. You let her go ahead of us.” Krystal’s mood suddenly shifted and stopped her from moving away from her mom. She turned around and went back to the sofa, eyes sparkling with delight upon hearing her sister’s name.

“I know, Krystal. That’s why we’re here and good thing is that, you’re dad and I still have this house so that whenever we would go back here, we wouldn’t have any trouble looking for a house.” She shifted her gaze from the glass to Krystal.

“But why did you let unnie look for a house when we already have one. You really are mean, mom.”

“I know, I just forgot to tell her since she was rushing to the airport for her flight. She was almost late back then.”

“Mom?” she seated comfortably on the sofa with both legs on it.

“Yes dear? What’s the matter?” she was stunned by her daughter’s sudden change of topic.

“Why are we here?” she was direct with her question.

“Because I want you and your sister to finish your studies here and your dad’s business isrelocated here in Korea. It’s a really good timing.” There was a hint of happiness in her voice but it didn’t sound pleasing for Krystal.

“When can we go back then?”

“After you graduate in college, dear. Is there any problem?” she was worried by her daughter’s sudden questions.

“Nothing, mom. I just want to know.”

“Don’t worry dear. I promise you that we will go back.” She crept closer to her daughter and gave her a comforting hug. She can sense that there was bothering her.

“It’s okay mom. I’ll just have to get used here. There’s no need to promise me, maybe sooner or later I will love to stay here and would rather not go back.” Her playful voice was turning on again. “And mom…” she continued.

“Yes?” still not letting go of the hug.

“You can let go now, I have to call unnie, remember?”

“You really are a mood breaker, Krystal. Haha.” She let go of her daughter and sat beside her. “I have her number in my phone, search it there.”

“Alright mom.”

Their mother-daughter conversation was never ending even after Krystal spoke to Jessica. They kept laughing and sharing stories, just like normal teenagers would do until Mr. Jung interrupted their conversation. He coughed and there was a short silence in the room. He was wearing his corporate suit with a pastel green necktie and a pair of mirror like shined shoes. It looks like he was ready for work but with the time of 7:30 in the evening, he was making a joke out of himself. He surprised the two with his new suit that he just bought from America and from the looks of it, it was expensive and hand sewn from a popular designer. He was showing off his new suit and shoes; walking around the living room with it and making some manly poses. He was really good in making them laugh.

“So honey, what do you think about this? Is it perfect or not?” his hand was gesturing from top to bottom of the suit.

“It looks perfect, dad!” Krystal suddenly burst out and laughed at her random act.

“Honey, just like what your daughter said.” She said with a smile.

“Are you two just playing with me just to make me happy?” he was slowly joining in the fun with his daughter and wife.

Suddenly, Mrs. Jung and Krystal rushed towards their most loved man in the whole entire planet and gave him a squeezing hug until he couldn’t breathe.

“It’s absolutely perfect!” they both said in unison.

“Ohhh! You two really are good at playing! Big hug!” he screamed. “And let’s go to dinner. The food’s ready, I even asked our chef to cook our favorite meal.”

“Good timing, dad! Mom and I are also hungry.”

 

“Oh Jessica, where are you now?” Mrs. Jung kept it in her thought.