Dinner at my House?

Memories and Promises

 

18:28

Twilight was hovering around the heavens and Yuri, together with Tiffany was walking towards the bus stop. They were still chatting about what happened to them earlier that afternoon. Giggles were heard in the empty street; voice echoing. It wasn’t until the bus stopped in front of them.

Inside the bus, the awkward silence was engulfing them. But so, they continued with their chat and the nosy people were staring at them as if they were celebrities disguised.

“I can’t believe you were that outgoing when it comes to being stubborn.” Tiffany was praising her bestfriend.

“Smart slash geek slash stubborn equals to AWESOME!” she continued with her cheerful voice.

“Okay! That’s enough, it’s really embarrassing talking about it. It’s just an accident and it won’t happen again.” She nudged her.

“Thank you for that, Yuri!” she replied sarcastically.

“…”

The bus was almost there and it will be goodbye for them, for now.

“See you on Monday, Yul.” Tiffany said with a smile.

“Uhh? You’ll be coming with me. How about dinner at my house? Since I’m all alone or how about an overnight?!” she was excited and expecting for a positive answer.

“Dinner’s fine, but with the overnight? I’ll be asking mom for that and I don’t think she’ll allow me.”

“But it’s Friday! I’m sure she’ll allow you and let’s get off now, we’re already here.”

They walked from the stop to Yuri’s house. Thanks for the streetlights; their path was illuminated as the pitch black sky was already hovering the heavens. They poked each other and no voice was heard from either the two except for their giggles. Big bright smiles were plastered on their faces as they near the house.

They were nearing her house and to their surprise the house was lit from the inside. Thoughts were now occupying their mind to whom the person that barged to her house. It was rather surprising than terrifying and the silhouette of the person was clearly visible from the outside and there was no doubt,  a girl. They continued walking and after a few steps they were now in front of her door. Yuri, the owner of the house, was quite surprised of the latched knob disassembled. She rushed inside the house and catch the ‘burglar’ or whoever it was and send her to jail. The living room was in place and not a single piece of decoration was touched, though there was dirt on the floor and sure enough it was coming from the girl. She scanned the whole room and continued to the kitchen and the backyard and so on expecting for any loss. Tiffany was just as surprised as her but she tend to be more relaxed, for panicking isn’t a good idea. Yuri was caught by a thought and silently giggled.

Flashback

2 days earlier (Wednesday)

Phone rings*

 

“Hello, Good Morning. This is Yuri speaking. May I know who’s calling?” Even in phone conversations, she was formal and polite.

“Good Morning, Ms. Yuri. I’m Jessica Jung and I am looking for a room to stay and since I see that you’re offering one. Can I, perhaps, occupy one of your rooms for the time being? I just arrived from America and am still looking for a place to stay.”

“How did you know I was offering one?” she challenged her just to be on the safe side.

“I was walking along your block to familiarize with the area but I didn’t expect that there’s one. And my intentions were to live just at the heart of the city. So I thought of risking the chance.” Her voice was turning desperate.

“Alright. I need meet you beforehand.”

“Okay. Thank you! And here’s my phone number **********” with that, the call ended.

 

Present Time*

“Fany! There’s nothing to be worried about. It’s safe. I totally forgot that I allowed myself to let the other rooms be occupied; and the girl here, she’s the one who will be renting the room.”

“Kwon Yuri! You really made me worried and you didn’t tell me about your doings here at home.” Fany being so worried, raised her voice at Yuri.

“It’s okay now; we just have to meet with the girl. I even told her to meet beforehand but I guess I forgot about it since there were a lot of school works to be done. And yes, Fany, I know it’s dangerous to let other people barge into my house even though there’s an excuse.”

Fany sighed with her direct statement.

“So where is she?” her voice turned calm.

The voices of the girls were echoing around the house, with a spacious area it sure was heard by everyone and a closed door isn’t an exception. The voices startled the blonde and she quickly fixed herself just to show an impression before meeting with them. Her hair was plainly fixed; curled behind her ear. A pair of jeans and a white shirt was all she could find ‘appropriate’. She took a last glance at the mirror and went out of her room.

She was surprised to see the owner of the house. “I didn’t expect the owner to be a highschool student.” She thought.

“Hi Ms. Yuri, I’m Jessica Jung. I’ll be occupying your room for the time being.” she ended it with a bow.

“Hello Jessica, or should I call you, Sica, perhaps? It’s good to see you. I’m sorry if I didn’t get the chance to meet you on our agreement.” Yuri’s emotions suddenly changed.

“It’s okay, Ms. Yuri. I didn’t know about your status before.” She replied politely.

“Okay, shall we have dinner then? And oh! I almost forgot, this is Tiffany Hwang my bestfriend.” She nudged Tiffany while introducing herself to her.

Tiffany was left pokerfaced. She didn’t know what to say.