The Mall or The Beach?

Memories and Promises

 

The Jung household was at its happiest peak. The maids greeted each other showing their biggest smiles and began working to their respected areas of the household. Krystal being the early bird helped the maids with their work and sat up breakfast for her mom and dad. She cooked the classic bacon, eggs and fried rice for them with pure love. Although this isn’t the first time she cooked for them, she still felt excited and all. The maids was there by her side to assist her if she needs help and was truly grateful for them to be with her always. Even though there are times that she scorn them for their slight mistakes but always asks forgiveness then after.

“Mom! Dad! Rise and shine. Mr. Sun is up and both of you should too!” Krystal fleet to her parents’ room and screamed at the top of her lungs to wake them up. Her voice echoed throughout and in an instant, her parents bolted up from their beds, rubbing their eyes and scuffed their heads.

“Krystal dear, why are you always waking us up early in the morning?” Mr. Jung rubbed his eyes and turned to Krystal.

“But Mom, Dad. It’s Saturday and I want to do something today since it’s a weekday.” Krystal slowly walked towards her parents’ bed and sat beside her dad.

“Later honey. It’s still early and we haven’t eaten breakfast yet.” Mr. Jung caressed his daughter’s hair.

“Why won’t you come and join us here with me and your mom? It’s been a long time since you and Jessica slept with us.” He grabbed Krystal’s waist and dragged her to the bed. He tickled her and Mrs. Jung was having fun looking at her husband and daughter playing around.

“Oh Krystal, you’ve grown so well but you will always be our Little Jung forever and always.” Mrs. Jung embraced Krystal and her husband.

“Mom. Dad. What are you doing? I just asked you two to get up and now you’re being emotional.” Krystal got up from the bed and walked towards the door without looking back. “And by the way, I cooked breakfast so let’s get going. I’m hungry already.”

“We’ll be there in 5 minutes honey.” Mrs. Jung said to Krystal.

They quickly rose up from their bed and did their personal necessities.

Krystal patiently waited for them and the 5 minutes was almost up. Due to her hunger, she sliced a bacon in half and swallowed it whole but was caught by her mom who was already a step outside from the door.

“Omma! I’m so hungry already I could eat a horse.” She grunted and gave a cute pout at her mother.

“Krystal honey, you can eat already, you don’t have to wait for us.”

“But I want it to be special, mom. Come, sit. Let’s eat together and call dad before the food gets cold.”

The Jungs had their special breakfast with their cook, Krystal. They ate happily and had some random chats about what’s happening in their life and business.

“Dad, how’s the business going? I heard everything’s going fine and your works and ideas are being highly complemented.” Krystal diverted her gaze from her food to her dad.

“Yes it is. I’m really thankful with all the blessings we have. We’re lucky enough to have gained such prospect.” Mr. Jung said.

The dining room was filled with morning goodness and everyone was in a good mood. The clanging of the chopsticks on the stainless steel rice bowl and the warm laughs of the Jungs was everything every family wants, peaceful atmosphere and friendly residents.

“So mom, dad. Where am I suppose to study here in Korea since it has only been a week since we moved in?” Krystal turned to her mother with a mouthful of rice. She sheepishly talked but then continued to do so.

“Krystal honey, don’t talk while your mouth is full. It’s not good for a Jung to do such act.” Her mom retorted with a smile.

“How about now, mom?” was free of rice and her voice was clear.

“I don’t know yet. But for sure, I’ll have to let you and your sister, Jessica to be separated. I don’t want the both of you to have a commotion in school.” Mrs. Jung said it bluntly causing Krystal to turn red from embarrassment.

“So you and your sister are fighting, Krystal?” Mr. Jung was shocked with Krystal’s situation with Jessica.

“No dad. Uhmm. We just don’t go out well. But there are times that we do, there are times that we don’t and it’s always like that. But we’re getting along quite well now, dad.” Krystal said in her cheerful voice with an assuring smile to end it.

“Mom, dad. I want to go to school with unnie. At least unnie will be there when the boys will bully me.” She was sure of her choice.

“We’ll try and see about that, honey.” Mrs. Jung ended the conversation.

The three of them left the dining hall and set off to the living room with a full stomach and a big smile on the face. The maids took care of their plates and the table.

“So what are your plans now, honey?” Mrs. Jung was seating across Krystal with legs crossed.

“I was thinking of going to the beach or just a stroll at the mall? I don’t know which is productive but I want to go to the mall. So, where to, mom?” Krystal was hesitant on her choice but was willing to go to the mall. “And how about you, dad? The mall or the beach?” she was unsure of where to go with her parents’ decision.

“The mall!”

“The beach!”

Mr. and Mrs. Jung snapped back leaving Krystal dumbfounded. She was now confused on where to go.

“I want the mall!” Krystal said in a jumpy tone leaving her dad with only one cast of vote, the beach. Her parents were sure that she had her hands laid rest on the mall. She was willing to though.

“Alright! You two win.” Mr. Jung sighed in defeat.

“Yay! We won, mom! You lose, dad! Nyeyeye.”

“Aigoo Krystal! So playful as always!” Mrs. Jung reacted on Krystal’s playfulness.

“So off to the mall we go~!” Krystal exclaimed, extending her arms on mid-air.

 

***

A/N: cont. of YulSic will be in the next chapter :) enjoy~