Feelings Confessed?

Memories and Promises

 

Bright light passed through the drapes and the warmth of the morning sun was pleasing. Tiffany turned to Yuri’s side to wake her up but was only to find an empty futon. She wondered where she could be early in the morning. She knows that Yuri loves to exercise every morning but she should be home minutes before.

“Maybe she’s just in the kitchen.” She thought.

She fixed the futon and placed it on the side, who knows where she could put it. After it, she did some stretchings and combed her hair. She changed from her pajamas to her shorts and loose shirt. It looks comfy though and after all she will only be staying in the house. She scanned the whole house and only to find herself roaming around. Yuri was nowhere to be found. Not even outside. She started to get worried and started thinking that maybe Yuri was kidnapped or anything.

“Yuri, where are you?” she called over and over again but there was no response.

She got tired of looking for her and just sat on the sofa. She noticed that there were three books lying around.

The Secret? The Lost Symbol? Romeo and Juliet? I know Yuri reads books but two English and one Korean? She can’t even read English properly. Maybe Jessica has something to do with this.” She told herself and smiled in satisfaction.

After noticing the books, she had the idea that Yuri might be in Jessica’s room. She walked towards Jessica’s room and knocked 3 times. There was no response after her knocking so she decided to slightly open the door just to check if Yuri was really there. Her surmise was right, Yuri was there but something made her twitch. Jessica was sleeping on Yuri’s shoulders with her arms on Yuri’s waist and Yuri had her arm under Jessica’s neck. They were acting so intimate as if they were making out last night. She couldn’t believe what she saw and wondered how they got so close for only a day and after the ‘accident’. Instead of creeping closer to them, she slowly closed the door avoiding the creaks and left. She had her train of thoughts to think of those random things but she knows that Yuri isn’t that kind of person to act so intimate and as far as she knows, Yuri is a shy person and she never wanted to engage in love. Not just yet, or maybe?

**

Yuri was surprised to wake up with Jessica still on her side but took of the advantage of her still on her side. This time, she wanted the time to stop and just let her enjoy the warmth of Jessica. They were still on bed until Tiffany came again with a spatula in hand. She was peeking to see if they were already up and spotted Yuri to be the only one awake. She signaled her with her spatula to get up and eat. Yuri was hesitating if she should follow Tiffany or just stay in bed with Jessica. In the end, she slowly removed Jessica’s arm on her waist and stood up without waking up.

Jessica could feel Yuri getting up but didn’t grab her back because she knows that Tiffany is watching them. She felt her heart sank after Yuri got up.

“Why do I feel lonely?” she thought.

She stayed on the bed even after Yuri left and didn’t mind eating breakfast with them. She might think that Yuri will have a different impression of her once they see each other so she kept in mind to keep distance with her just for her sake. She kept thinking of what happened last night and wondered if she did it on purpose or she was having a weird dream and that’s why Yuri was with her till morning. None of her assumption was leading her to a good answer.

“Do I have the same feelings for Yuri?”

“It was the first day we met but how come I feel like I’ve known her before?”

“It feels so right to be on her side.”

“Is this wrong?”

“Do I like her?”

“Why is this happening to me?”

“It can’t be. Am I falling in love?”

She had those times when she just can’t think straight and today was one of it. It was so confusing to her but she didn’t mind since she can’t find the right answer to her unanswerable problem. She kept it to herself. Minutes passed and she was getting hungry from all the thinking and assumptions about Yuri, but she can’t go outside and was afraid that she will see Yuri again.

Her train of thoughts stopped when she heard a twist of the doorknob. She immediately closed her eyes and turned to the other side with her back facing the door. She guessed that it was Yuri and she was right. She heard her voice from the doorstep telling her to get up and eat but she didn’t respond. She was acting so hard headed only to make Yuri come closer to her but her expectations didn’t come out as expected. Yuri was still calling her out but not until she went directly inside and went close to Jessica. Jessica could hear Yuri’s footsteps nearby and it was Jessica’s turn for her heart to beat faster. It was beating randomly fast but didn’t know why.

“Hey Sica, aren’t you going to eat?” Yuri said at the same time poking her on her back.

Jessica still remained on her firm position and didn’t even move an inch. Yuri called out again.

“If you won’t eat, tell me so I could clean up the table and just cook you another food later.” Yuri said, her voice slowly turning low.

Yuri was about to leave Jessica’s bed when she suddenly felt again a warm hand on her wrist. It made her stop but she didn’t turn around to see why she did that. All she knows that she will be staying with her again.

“What?” her voice was firm and it didn’t sound like her at all.

Jessica kept mum and still held to Yuri’s wrist. She waited for Yuri to turn around and give in but nothing.

“I’ll be leaving.” Yuri said but all she wanted was to stay by her side again. She didn’t want Jessica to show her weak side again.

Jessica still held on and didn’t even want to let go. She tightened her grip and hoped for Yuri to give in.

“I heard what you said earlier…” Jessica loosened her grip on Yuri and turned, her back facing Yuri, not wanting to tell her everything.