V I

Running

When you wish upon a star…

~*~*~

Minhyun had never been this nervous and scared in his whole life. He couldn’t rest, the manager had taken them back to the dorm but all Minhyun could think off was if Minki would be fine.

Minhyun closed his eyes and remembered how Minki had woken him up just forty-five minutes ago.

~*~*~

“Minhyun… Minhyun…” Minki’s whispering woke Minhyun up.

Minhyun looked confused up, his eyes wasn’t completely open yet and he couldn’t see anything clear this way.

Minki pulled in Minhyun’s sleeve and Minhyun rubbed his eyes before he turned his gaze towards Minki.

“Look” Minki pointed at some dark spots at the sheets.

“What is that?” Minhyun said, he was still half-awake and he wasn’t really a morning person.

“Blood” the panic in Minki’s voice rose.

Minhyun’s eyes widened as he had taken Minki’s words in. Blood, blood was on Minki’s sheets. But… Minki didn’t seem to be bleeding.

“Where does it come-“Minhyun was being interrupted by Minki’s coughing and he looked how blood came out from Minki’s mouth.

That was when he remembered what Minki had told him earlier. That Minki had wounds inside his body that could be life-threatening if he didn’t get a proper treatment.

Minhyun realized how serious this situation was and he hurried out of the room to call for a doctor.

“Hello! Anyone! Come here! We need help!” Minhyun yelled and managed to wake the manager, Aron, Jonghyun and Dongho up.

Five nurses and one doctor were now standing inside the room and Minhyun was standing outside.

Aron came to Minhyun and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Please tell me everything will be alright” Minhyun begged.

Aron smiled “It will be okay, I can feel it in my heart”

When Aron had said those words; Minhyun embraced Aron and began to cry lightly.

What would he do without Minki?

~*~*~

Footsteps from the kitchen had woken Jonghyun up. Afraid that it was a robber or something he stood up and walked out of his room.

It wasn’t a robber in their dorm and Jonghyun found with relief that it was only Minhyun who was walking back and forth over the kitchen floor.

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun carefully asked.

Minhyun shook his head; he was unable to talk right now. He just wished that their manager would call them and tell them that Minki was alright.

“I’m not so fine either. We all are worried, but I think that you are the most worried” Jonghyun murmured and took a seat by the kitchen table.

Minhyun took a seat on the chair next to Jonghyun’s and rested his arms on the table. Minhyun still couldn’t say anything and Jonghyun understood why so he continued:

“I have been jealous with you, you know that? I have been wishing that it was me that Minki would eventually fall for. But instead, it turned out to be you. I love Minki, but I think that I’m not good enough for him.” Jonghyun took a deep breath. “I will found my true love one day. But you should never let go of Minki”

Minhyun nodded and pattered Jonghyun lightly on the shoulder.

“You’re a great leader. An amazing rapper. A good person. You will find your person” Minhyun encouraged Jonghyun in the best way he could. “You’re good enough for Minki. I have even thought that you would never be able to hurt him in the same way as I have hurt him in. But we can’t decide for Minki, can we?”

Jonghyun nodded. “I agree”

Minhyun stood up and walked back to his bedroom. “Thanks for this conversation, I feel a lot better now”

~*~*~

Dongho and Aron were sitting on Aron’s bed. None of them could sleep and they wondered how Jonghyun and Minhyun could sleep in times like this.

“We’re the two outsiders of a triangle-drama” Aron smiled at Dongho.

Dongho looked at Aron. “I have noticed, Minki loves Minhyun, Minhyun loves Minki but so does Jonghyun”

Aron chuckled. “How could this all get so messed up?”

Dongho shrugged with his shoulders. Neither of them knew what people four being so special about Minki. Except the fact that he was being really handsome yet cute.

“I used to be in love with Minki as well, during our debut time. But I found out that it was nothing else but brotherly feelings. I want to take care of Minki, like a big brother. Sometimes can we mix those feelings up” Dongho paused.

“I could never imagine to do everything for him as Minhyun has done. Minhyun is amazing” Dongho continued.

Aron couldn’t do anything but agree. Minhyun had always been running after Minki to help Minki with his problems. Minhyun knew about the consequences of doing so but he still continued to do it. Only because he was so deeply in love with Minki.

“Well, we can be sure of one thing” Aron laughed a little bit. “Love makes us all do crazy things.”

~*~*~

Minhyun was only half-asleep that night. He had been sleeping much better at the hospital. The room he usually had with Minki felt so empty now when he wasn’t there.

It couldn’t continue like this, Minki had to come back any time soon.

Just because Minhyun was being half-asleep all that time; Minhyun could hear when the telephone rang in the kitchen. He just didn’t bother to answer.

Even though he knew that he wanted to take the call, it would probably be from the hospital. I mean, who else would call them six in the morning else?

Minhyun heard how Jonghyun picked the phone up and how Jonghyun hurried to wake Aron and Dongho up.

It didn’t take long after that for Aron’s panicked voice to go through the whole dorm. They all seemed to be in a hurry.

“Dear God… Please tell me that everything is alright” Minhyun whispered out a pray.

He shut his eyes closed and hoped that this night wouldn’t be anything but a nightmare. But when he once again opened his eyes he was still in his bed and Aron sounded just as panicked outside the door.

What could’ve happened?