X

Running

The door opened to Minki’s room. He was lying in his bed with his eyes closed, yet he was fully awake.  He just didn’t want to wake up into this reality if Minhyun wasn’t by his side when he opened his eyes.

“Is he awake yet?” a very familiar voice asked.

Minki knew very well who it was; Aron Hyung.

“He was awake before and the manager told him about your other bandmate. He has been crying for hours but now is he finally asleep. He needs some rest now” a female, probably a nurse, said and paused. “You need some sleep to”

Minki heard how Aron chuckled. “I maybe I do, but I can’t. We have an interview with Seoul News”

Minki wondered why they had an interview today; he couldn’t remember an interview in their schedule today. To be honest; he knew why they had an interview today but he just didn’t want to realize it.

“Could you please tell me… which one of them has the most serious injuries?” Aron whispered.

“Hmm… Choi Minki has serious injuries on his insides. But the chances for him recover and never notice anything from the accident are big” Minki felt a hand being stoked over his forehead. “However, we’re not sure about Hwang Minhyun’s injuries. His heart is beating, but it’s unstable and he needs help with his breathing”

Minki’s heart could stop beating any second. Minhyun’s condition wasn’t that good. And judging from the tone the nurse had when she spoke; there was a chance that Minhyun might not survive.

Minki had to see Minhyun.

~*~*~

The make-up artist lightly brushed powder in Aron’s face.

“How much did you sleep this night?” the young girl asked.

Aron didn’t reply at first. It felt like the girl were miles away from where he was right now. Well, Aron was still in the hospital. He was still sending prayers to Minhyun and Minki.

“A couple of hours… It was a pretty hectic night” Aron said when he finally had realized that the girl was speaking to him.

“I understand” was all the girl could say while she was nodding and applying some eye-liner on Aron’s eyelid.

~*~*~

The three remaining Nu’Est-members took a seat at the yellow couch in the studio of ‘Seoul News’. The MC was speaking to one of the producers.

Aron gazed out at the crowd; it was more like a press-conference than a normal interview since the only people in the small crowd were journalists and photographers.

“Okay guys” the manager bends down on his knees in front of the members. “Tell them that Minhyun and Ren have been in a car-accident. Don’t tell them about Ren’s suicidal-attempt and let Jonghyun handle the most speaking”

All the members nodded and not long afterwards; a middle-aged man helped them with their microphones.

~*~*~

“And our guests for today is the rookie-group from Pledis Entertainment” the MC introduced the group. “Everybody; this is Nu’Est”

The three members stood up to make their group-greeting:

“Show Time! Nu’Est Time”

“Urban Electro Band”

“Nu’Est! Hello we are Nu’Est”

The greeting was soulless and lacked the power they had when all the five members were there.

“I’m Aron”

“I’m JR”

“I’m Baekho”

Their individual greetings were both after age-ranking and ordered by the way they were sitting in the couch.

“Today; we’re not here to promote an album” Aron began to say but stopped when he got the evil-eye from their manager. He gazed over at Jonghyun and indicated for the leader to speak.

“We have actually some sad news” Jonghyun took a deep breath. “As you can see; we are two members short today. It is because both Minhyun and Ren has been involved in a car-accident and is currently receiving treatment at the hospital”

After those words; the MC and the journalists began to shoot them questions. Jonghyun tried his best to answer them all, Dongho just looked uncomfortable and Aron just wanted to get out of there. He wanted to run away to the hospital and be with Minki and Minhyun instead of here.

The questions were just annoying for Aron and when the MC asked if they would promote as three members the bottle ran over for Aron.

“No, Nu’Est has five members and we will continue to promote as five members” Jonghyun replied.

“So you will get replacement for the members? Ren and Minhyun really should apologize for worrying their fans.”

Aron just couldn’t take it any longer.

“You don’t understand do you? We have been awake half night because of these accidents. We still don’t know if they will survive or not! Nu’Est has five members, but we will never replace our members because of this. You can replace Ren and Minhyun; members of Nu’Est. But you can never replace Choi Minki and Hwang Minhyun, our best friends” Aron was almost screaming, he stood up and Jonghyun tried desperately to pull him back down. “Ren has been depressed; it was an attempt of suicidal. Minhyun ran to the hospital and was being hit by a car. They should not apologize for anything”

Aron stormed out of the studio with the manager following him.

~*~*~

Minki sat straight up in the bed. The nurse, who was standing by the window and watering the bouquet of daisies Minki had received from the members, turned around.

“Did you sleep well?” the nurse’s voice was so gentle.

Minki nodded slowly. “Noona… were is Minhyun’s room”

“The room is the one next door to this” the nurse pointed towards the wall Minki used to leaning his back at. “Why?”

Minki bit on his lower lip. “Can I see him?”