V

Running

When life gives you lemons…

~*~*~

“Have you ever felt dirty?” Minki asked Minhyun.

Minhyun looked at Minki; his eyes seemed to look at something that wasn’t with them. As if Minki tried his best to avoid the reality he was facing.

Minki had told Minhyun everything; from how his feelings began to how he heard Minhyun’s confession to Krystal. He also told Minhyun that this was the reasons for him acting cold towards Minhyun, he felt so hurt and he could not bear looking at Minhyun. The less touch him.

Minki also told about how Jonghyun confessed to Minki, and how it felt so right that time to suggest the friend’s with benefits suggestion but how it felt so wrong while they were doing it.

“It’s like… even if I shower, it won’t go away” Minki continued.

Minhyun nodded, he had never felt that feeling. He couldn’t understand how much heartache Minki had gone through.

“All I wanted was to remove the dirt from my body. How could you love a dirty person like me?” Minki continued.

Minhyun took Minki’s hand, there was so many things that Minki would not understand and Minhyun could not tell him.

Things that needed to be shown, by Minhyun and no one else.

“Minki… you don’t seem to understand. I love you. No matter how clean or dirty you are. You still are Ren or Minki, the beautiful and innocent maknae of Nu’Est” Minhyun said.

Minki tried his best to hold the tears that were pushing on from behind of his eyelids but he failed. He smiled towards his best friend and held Minki’s hand even harder.

“You know… I have always been looking up to you. You’re handsome and you sing well. You have a pure heart made of gold. How could I not fall in love with you?” Minki said.

Minhyun shrugged, he never turned shy from compliments like these ones but Minki’s made him blush and almost giggle. Well off course, he didn’t giggle but he really wanted to.

“The doctors said that I have bigger wounds inside my body. I shouldn’t move for weeks since it can be life-threatening for me” Minki murmured.

He wanted to walk; he wanted to walk along the streets holding hands with Minhyun. But now he couldn’t.

“Don’t worry, Nu’Est will wait for you. The fans as well” Minhyun smirked and chuckled a little bit.

~*~*~

Outside the room where Minki and Minhyun was inside, Jonghyun were about to lose his patience.

“What is taking them so long? Twenty-four hours ago, I had Minki in my bed. Now I’m seconds from losing him. Both to the death and to Minhyun” Jonghyun almost yelled but was being hushed down by Dongho.

“Let them talk” Aron said and looked inside the small window of the door.

Minki was lying in the bed, all dressed in white and paler than ever before. He almost looked dead. Minhyun was sitting on the chair next to him. They were holding hands and Minhyun were Minki’s shoulder as well.

Aron found it really cute; they were so in love yet so blind.

Aron couldn’t understand why Jonghyun couldn’t see what was happening between the two boys. But he was also in love, probably too in love to notice.

“They have much to talk about” Aron added.

Jonghyun snorted. “Talk about what?”

Aron rolled with his eyes and pushed Jonghyun down into one of the five chairs.

“They are in love” Aron said.

~*~*~

“I was running away from my troubles, hoping to find a way out without having a solution” Minki said.

“And I was running to find you and take you back.” Minhyun said.

This is how their relationship always had been. Minki made a wrong move; he tried to run away from his problems. And Minhyun would always be the one that was running after him, trying to catch him and tell him to go back and find a solution.

“Just like the old days” Minki chuckled.

Minhyun nodded. “Just like the old days”

There was one time, back in their Busan-days, when Minki had been in a big fight with his parents about going to some school-disco. They were strict parents and didn’t allow Minki to do a lot of things.

Anyways, Minki had been trying to run away from home and ended up getting lost. Just so he would be able to attend at the disco his parents didn’t allow him to go to.

Minki’s parents had been calling to Minhyun’s parents to ask if Minki was at Minhyun, since Minki always spend his spare time at Minhyun’s house, but he wasn’t.

Minhyun got worried and run out to look for him.

He ended up finding Minki at the bus-station, all cold and alone.  Minhyun took Minki home again, and they had their own disco in Minhyun’s basement.

Another time was during their debut-time with ‘Face’; Minki made a mistake in the choreography and he didn’t want to get scolded by the manager so he ran away and found a place to hide in a broom closet backstage of the Music Show.

Minhyun was the person who tried to find Minki, so they would go back to the dorm without him. None of the other members did.

This was how their relationship always had been; Minhyun was always taking care of Minki. Minhyun was always the person who cared the most for Minki.

~*~*~

“Minhyun…” Minki said.

Minhyun, who had his eyes glued on the television his head and faced Minki.

“Huh?”

“Since you couldn’t be the one taking my ity away, I want you to be my first kiss. I have always saved it for you.” Minki said.

Minhyun smiled; the thought of having his lips meet Minki’s sweet lips made his heart beat faster. He wanted to kiss him right here and right now.

Minhyun leaned closer to Minki and soon their lips met with each other’s.

Even though the kiss only lasted for a few seconds, it was the best seconds in both Minhyun’s and Minki’s lives. They would never forget the moment when they shared their first kiss, they knew it.

“Choi Minki… I love you and I will always do love you” Minhyun said as soon as their lips parted.

“Hwang Minhyun, even though I do love you, you are being cheesy” Minki laughed.

~*~*~

They fell asleep in the room, Minki in the bed and Minhyun in the chair with his head leaning on Minki’s bed.

When Minki woke up and he felt something weird inside of his body. His heart was aching; it was not like it was aching from some heartbreak but like really aching.

Just like stomach-ache but in the heart.

Suddenly Minki began to cough. He tried to silent them down; he didn’t want to wake Minhyun up. He had probably had a long day.

But when he left the taste of blood in his mouth he knew that something was wrong.

And when blood began to come on the sheets from his coughing, he felt panic rushing through his body.

What should he do?