Yongguk - Together

B.A.P Scenarios :)
The shelling begins, exploding all around the destroyed shack, a man and girl cling together in terror. Dirt flies all around, through the broken windows and over the walls, covering the two figures hiding. The girl looks up slowly, her pink lips parted, her amber eyes wide with fear, and the man looks down at her, placing a finger over those lips, hushing her. Even though nobody could even hear them over the shelling, he wanted to be sure.
 
 They had been running for so long, there is no way that he could let them be found now. This girl- no, she is not a girl any longer- this young woman that had been accompanying him for so long now was frightened and he had to act strong for her sake.
 
 The man pulls her closer, her small fists balling up the front of his dirty jacket as she jumps every time an explosion goes off, and he takes out a piece of paper and a pencil. He writes to whoever it is that will find the paper, writing for them to know of their story so far; the running, the fear, the survival that had brought them closer together than they had ever thought.
 
The man didn’t want this girl to follow him, in the beginning, with her beautiful face and small body- she would only slow him down. A war had started and he had been sent to retrieve documents and destroy them, which he did.
 
As he was leaving, this girl had grabbed him, holding him back, begging to be taken along; the man had refused this mercy at first, but the innocent fear in the amber eyes looking up at him had made him take her on his trek back home.
 
They were being hunted down, of course, and there were times he should have left her behind- but didn’t. He could feel his heartstrings yearn for her, but would not allow himself to act upon them- she was far too young, and this was far from the time to think of such things.
 
 Continuing his story, he looks up to realize that they are surrounded by the enemy, with no means of escape. The girl had begun to cry, and he lets out a shaky breath before concluding his letter. Placing it into his jacket pocket, he takes up the girl’s chin and forces her to look up at him.
 
 No words are spoken; they do not need to be. She understands, just as the man draws the gun from the holster and pulls her close to him, her hair with his large hand. He places the gun to her head and leans his head back, closing his eyes and expelling a shaky breath as tears begin to fall…The man lets out a horrified, agony-filled scream as he pulls the trigger, his pain mixing with the ringing sound of an innocent life ending.
 
 Tears run freely down his face as five enemy soldiers all circle closer to him, and he places the gun to his own head, only to be shot by the men surrounding him, his arm falling limp, his head resting upon the girl’s.
 
The enemy is far too close to us now, there is no escape.
 
But if anyone asks, tell them we are fine.
 
“Cut!” Lights flood the filming area and the staff claps while Yongguk stands up and dusts himself off, helping his co-star to stand. She smiles up at him, causing his heart to go a-flutter before he chuckles.
 
“You did amazing, Mi-yung-sshi!” Mi-yung blushes and smiles happily, her amber eyes glittering at the compliment.
 
“Thank you, Yongguk-sshi, you were amazing yourself!” The two turn as the directer calls for a break, and Mi-yung looks down, fixing her dirty clothing. Yongguk tucks her long brunette hair behind her ear and smiles his gummy smile.
 
“How about we get something to eat quickly?” The two agree and exit the filming area, walking down a hallway towards the building’s cafeteria.  Mi-yung giggles softly, causing Yongguk to raise an eyebrow at her.
 
“I was just thinking about how weird this is…it’s almost like stepping into a completely different world!” Yongguk laughs along with her as they reach the cafeteria, which is closed and gated. Mi-yung pouts, but Yongguk turns and uses a vending machine. Walking to stand beside him, they talk about small things until Yongguk sighs and runs a hand through his hair, Mi-yung giggling at the amount of dust that falls from it.
 
“I’m sad right now…” Mi-yung looks at him with her head cocked to the side, and Yongguk continues, “This was the last day of shooting. We’re done now…” He looks at Mi-yung and blinks in surprise as she places her hand on his cheek gently.
 
“We don’t have to lose contact with each other if you don’t want to. It’s been so fun with you…” Yongguk smiles a goofy smile.
 
“Alright, then, we’ll stay in touch even after promotions for the movie are done. Now…” He winks, “…please call me oppa.” Mi-yung blushes but nods her head.
 
“Okay…oppa.” The two stand there, beaming at each other, before Mi-yung scoops up the food from the vending machine, handing him his. They stand in the hallway, eating what they were, and Yongguk cannot help but stare unabashedly at her. Once they are finished their food, he nods his head thoughtfully.
 
“There was something missing from the movie…” Mi-yung looks up at him, confused, and he leans down, capturing her lips with his own. Blinking, Mi-yung is unaware of the moment she closes her eyes and grabs the front of his jacket, pulling him closer; Yongguk pulls away from her and smiles. He begins to walk back to the filming room, leaving Mi-yung to jog back to him and experimentally grab his hand, to which he entwines their fingers. They walk back into the room side by side, never to be parted, one single entity. Together.