Between The Two Of Us

Game of Probability
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

GA IN 

---

A few months later.

 

Personally, these few months could have arrived later. This heralds the arrivaal of a number of babies. This time on the 2AM side. Changmin oppa with baby number two, Ongseul and Jinwoon with their first. They were quick indeed. For one, Seulong wasn’t joking around when he said that he really wanted a baby girl.

 

Strangely enough, the other three members of 2AM decided that they were going to have a baby gathering at our house. Ridiculous really, if you knew what the real deal was. Apparently they coerced Kwonnie into agreeing by playing the leader card, claiming they were too tired to clean up, and saying that their wives would be uncomfortable. Kwonnie yielded.

 

The afternoon is full of the proud daddies boasting about their babies—while taking fine care of their children by themselves, might I add. Kwonnie doesn’t really pay much attention to the ongoing boastful conversation, as he’s too occupied fawning over the babies. And the babies love him.

 

Owing to milk shortage, Changmin oppa and Jinwoon head home first, leaving Seulong, who has had the presence of mind to bring along excessive amounts of milk.

 

“Something’s up. I just know that’s something’s up with you two,” Seulong declares as he ambles into the kitchen, where I’m whipping up dinner.

Kwonnie is busy feeding Ong’s baby girl.

“Others may not see it, but I’ve known two of you long enough to know that something is wrong.”

I avoid eye contact, “What do you mean something is up?”

“Something is wrong. I know it. For one, Kwonnie is completely absorbed in playing with the babies.”

I shrug, “He normally is.”

“But not like that. There’s something undeniably different, though I can’t exactly place it. If it was just that, I wouldn’t be that suspicious, but you’re acting funny too.”
Mock outrage, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You keep stealing glances at Kwonnie playing with babies. It’s so normal that I wouldn’t think you need to steal glances.”

“He’s cute. And I think stealing glances is the wrong word, ‘cause I have every right to look.”

“It’s clear that you two are intent on denying it, ‘cause when I asked Kwon, he also shrugged the whole thing off. But there must be a very good reason why you’ll never had the typical honeymoon bliss.”

I put the chicken into the pot.

“I would know since how long ago he wished to marry you, only to have spanners thrown at his plans so many times. I would think that he would be over the moon, but for some unknown reason, he shows up at JYPE a mere three days later. Mind you, he cleared his work beforehand.”

“So what exactly are you trying to get at Ong?”

I slice carrots.

“Somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter