Waiting in the rain

His proposal....(Hiatus)

As Donghae looked out into the stadium, he could see all the fans dancing and screaming as they watched Leeteuk and Sungmin perform ‘Falling Out’. He turned to Eunhyuk next to him who was getting ready for their duet after. Donghae looked out onto the stage again feeling his nerves rise. After months of preparing and practising they were finally going to perform ‘I Wanna Love You’ for Super Show 3.

Standing near Donghae and Eunhyuk were the backup dancers and the lead female dancer Haneul. They too were nervous, especially Haneul. She had been a backup dancer for the Super Show concerts from the beginning and had been Hankyung’s partner for the yback dance remix during SS1. However, this was the first time that she would be completely into the spotlight and she was really worried. This wouldn’t be the first time that she would be performing a y dance but she wasn’t keen on the idea that a lot of ELF’s would be mad at her for dancing with their oppas. A lot of ELF’s knew her as she was an SM trainee but there were some obsessive fans out there. She checked that her hair was in place while pulling her red corset top. It wasn’t as though she wasn’t used to wearing clothes that were this revealing but it was the colour that made it even more embarrassing.

Donghae looked over at the dancers through the corner of his eye and saw Haneul. He was surprised to see her even though they had attended a dance rehearsal before the show. It was the clothes she was wearing that were making his heart flutter. He knew that the concept of the dance was y but the clothes still blew him away.

Eunhyuk turned to Donghae and noticed him checking Haneul out. He knew that Donghae had a crush on her which was why he had requested Haneul to be the female lead. It was also him who had urged the stylist coordinators to dress her that way.

He shook his head silently, Donghae had liked her since she became a trainee four years ago but he hadn’t made a move because everybody had called her ‘Hankyung’s Bao Bei’. During the preparations for the first Super Show, Donghae had been excited when he found out that she had been selected to be one of the backup dancers for the yback dance remix but that excitement quickly turned to disappointment when she had been partnered with Hankyung. Eunhyuk remembered Donghae watching Hankyung and Haneul rehearsing, his eyes shifting from jealousy and admiration as Hankyung and Haneul’s chemistry exploded on stage while he had trouble connecting with his own partner.

The lights in the stadium suddenly turned off and Eunhyuk, Donghae, Haneul and the rest of the dancers ran on stage to their positions. Two spotlights suddenly , one focused on Eunhyuk and one focused on Haneul.

I wanna love you, i wanna love you, I wanna have you
Yeah listen! baby naege baby naui dunune
neo hanamani sara sumsuineun de
geunde wae ireohke noemu nado meongose na heullo nimkin che (jeomjeom meolleo jine)
Ne saraminde (geu nuga mworahaedo)
Neon nae yejande (keuge euichyeodo)
Neomanisseumyeon I’ll be OK
ijen naega neol jigyeo julke
Baby you know because

As Eunhyuk was dancing with Haneul, he suddenly realised what Donghae needed. One simple push.


I wanna love you I can’t live without you
Du nuneul gamgo nae du soneul jabgu
I wanna have you I really need you

At this point Eunhyuk started to dance more closely to Haneul who responded professionally, unaware of what Eunhyuk’s plan was.


Jigeum idaero modeungeol beoryeodugo
I wanna love you I can’t live without you
neon geujeo naegero dagaseo myeondwae
I wanna have you nae modeungeol julke
ijeneun neoege yaksokhalke


Eunhyuk slipped his hand around Haneul’s lower waist as Donghae sang:

Wait! Keu sarami mwondae neoljikkyeo bulsubakke
neol kidaril su bakke No deoisang andwae

At this point Donghae was starting to show obvious signs of jealously. Remembering where he was he changed his facial expression to one that went along with the emotions of the song.


neol deryeowa yahaegeuwa neun eorulliji anneun neoreul
Naesaraminde (naesaraminde yeah)

He danced more ily than the original choreography and placed his face close to Haneul’s collarbone.


Neon nae yeoja inde (neon nae yoeja inde)
Neomanisseumyeon I’ll be OK
Ijen naega neol jikyeojulke
Baby you know because
*
I wanna love you I can’t live without you
Du nuneul gamgo nae du soneul jabgu
I wanna have you I really need you
Jigeum idaero modeungeol beoryeodugo
I wanna love you I can’t live without you
neon geujeo naegero dagaseo myeondwae
I wanna have you nae modeungeol julke
ijeneun neoege yaksokhalke
(RAP)
Yo Excuse me Mr.
hwanalgyeotgata jombikyeo naega meonjeo geunyeoui yeopjariroda
Gaseogettji jeonjeonhi so set back
Girl’s mine niga mwondae uri sarangesundaego
Nyeoui nunege marhae neon nawa hamkke hakilwonhae
Girl’s mine
Neonjugeott dakkae eonado geunyel gatjil mothae
Ijeneun nae soneul jama
Adwae jebal naegerulwa
Naega neol deo saranghae
Naega neol jikkyeojulke
Modeungeol da gajyeodo
Neo eobsin andwaeneunde
*
I wanna love you I can’t live without you
Du nuneul gamgo nae du soneul jabgu
I wanna have you I really need you
Jigeum idaero modeungeol beoryeodugo
I wanna love you I can’t live without you
neon geujeo naegero dagaseo myeondwae
I wanna have you nae modeungeol julke
ijeneun neoege yaksokhalke

Eunhyuk decided to shock Donghae by kissing Haneul but it seemed that Donghae had his own plans. At the last lyric of the song Haneul found herself being pulled from Eunhyuk’s grasp onto Donghae’s soft lips. Her eyes widened as the stage lowered and the lights turned off to signal the next performance. She could hear screams and cheers from the fans and once it was safe to get of the platform she ran off to the dressing rooms.

Eunhyuk turned to Donghae who was blushing and touching his lips. Eunhyuk laughed at him and gave him a little shove. Donghae looked at him and blushed even more. He had never expected that he would do something that spontaneous. He never kissed a girl until he was sure of her feelings. When he realised that she was missing Eunhyuk said, “Go find her.”

Donghae suddenly became worried, he and Eunhyuk had a reputation for improvising the climatic parts of their couple dances and he was worried that she would think that the kiss meant nothing.

In the team dressing room Haneul was sitting on the floor. She had changed into her outfit for the Lady Gaga and Beyonce routine but was wearing a Super Junior varsity jacket to cover her exposed midriff. She reflected over the kiss trying to convince herself that it was just a performance and that she should act professional about it. She kept replaying the scene in her head. She could still feel Donghae’s kiss on her lips and it was making her crazy. The feeling that had flowed through her after was better than fireworks. It was exhilarating, like the feeling of soaring through the sky. She sat in the corner of the room and placed her face in her hands, trying to get rid of the smile of her face.

At this point Donghae finally reached the correct dressing room. When he saw how Haneul was sitting he became worried. They had gotten to be friends over the last three months and he felt like he had destroyed any chances with her.

“Haneul-ah,” he spoke cautiously, not knowing if she was upset or if she was crying. “I-“

Haneul looked up and was surprised to see Donghae, “Donghae oppa, I’m fine, I understand that it was some improvisation,” she spoke cutting him off.

She smiled, made an awkward bow and walked out of the room to join the other back-up dancers. Donghae, looked at her retreating back and whispered into the silence, “I meant it.”

Eunhyuk was surprised to see Haneul walk back alone without Donghae. He ran over to where Donghae was and asked him what happened.

“She thought I didn’t mean it!” He cried, rushing into Eunhyuk’s arms.

“Pabo! She likes you. I think you just have to tell her you like her too. With words.” Eunhyuk told his best friend.

“Really? Yes! She likes me!” Cheered Donghae.

Eunhyuk shook his head in disbelief and lead him out to the stylists who were waiting with their next outfits.

During the course of the next few songs Haneul replayed the kiss over and over in her mind. The other dancers knew that Haneul liked Donghae but didn’t ask about the subject as they knew that there were managers around. After a few more songs Heechul,Donghae, Eunhyuk and Shindong entered the dressing room and had their Lady Gaga/Beyonce makeup applied. When the makeup stylists were done Haneul and the dancers crowded around their sunbaes laughing and admiring them. Haneul was pushed nearer to Donghae and Heechul and she stared in amazement at their transformations. She always knew that Heechul was pretty hot dressed as a female but Donghae looked equally as beautiful.

Donghae noticed her in their direction and immediately thought that she was looking at Heechul. Donghae sulked and flipped his long hair over his shoulders. Unbeknownst to him and Haneul, Eunhyuk mouthed something to Heechul. Heechul smirked back and turned to his hoobae.

“Haneul-ah, you look so y!” Heechul stood up and pulled out his Iphone, “I'll always look ier though, let’s take some pictures!”

Donghae’s head snapped up when he heard Heechul talk to Haneul. He then saw Haneul and Heechul take a few pictures with numerous poses. The other dancers, Eunhyuk and Shindong joined in and started doing some cute and flirtatious poses with Haneul. Donghae couldn’t take it anymore and joined them putting one arm around Lady Heehee and Haneul. She didn’t seem to mind his arm so he kept it there doing the most feminine poses he could think of.

Suppressing their laughter, they walked back under the stage in their respective positions with Heechul going on first. They could all hear the fans scream wildly when they got the first glance of Lady Heehee. After Heechul finished with Pokerface, Shinyonce and the girls appeared on the stage. Haneul and the other girls cheered from the platform they were waiting on. Haneul especially laughed when it was Donghae’s turn, he was dancing exactly the way the she had danced when she and choreographers had taught them how to dance to Single Ladies. When Crazy in Love started playing Haneul took her place in line next to Heechul and Donghae. Haneul started dancing and got the shock of her life when Heechul started doing some really exaggerated y dances next to her. Haneul laughed when Heechul started grinding on her and she continued on with the choreography while laughing uncontrollably. Donghae had no idea why he could hear Haneul laughing and was also surprised to see Heechul and his y dancing.  He softly shoved Haneul out of ‘harms’ way and started dancing with Heechul causing the ELF’s to scream even louder. When the song finished they returned to the dressing rooms where the rest of Super Junior was in a frenzy changing into their next outfit for Twins. Haneul and the other dancers didn’t have any other performances so they changed and took their seats in the audience.

The same thing happened for every Super Show 3 concert that followed. Donghae had kissed Haneul several times but was unable to confess his feelings for her. Even the rest of Super Junior knew about the two now and had been planning to get them together by dropping hints along the way. Their efforts had made Donghae and Haneul really close but they still weren’t dating. Super Junior had already consulted Lee Soo Man who approved because they were from the same company and because he knew that Haneul and Donghae were very responsible people. Even Haneul was getting frustrated. She wasn’t the type to ask a guy out and she was wondering if he was just going to keep kissing her. They were at the stage where they were talking outside of work and had even gone out for lunches when they had breaks from schedules and rehearsals.

While waiting on the side of the stage during Super Show 3 Vietnam she decided that she was going to make the first move after the concert that night. She took her place on the stage next to Eunhyuk and gave it her all for ‘I Wanna Love You’ even though it was raining. She then danced with Donghae and then with both of them waiting for the moment where Donghae would kiss her at the end of the song. Instead of kissing her Donghae leant in and whispered, “Saranghae, Haneul.”

Haneul blushed and smiled and the stage descended. When they got off the platform she turned to Donghae and said, “You owe me nineteen real dates”

“Why?” He asked puzzled.

“For everytime you kissed me at an SS3 concert,” she replied innocently, fluttering her eyelashes.

Donghae did his signature smile and replied, “Well let’s make it twenty baby”