Jonghyun's Dream

Brotherly(?) Love

Summary: 18 year old Jonghyun has always had one dream scene he wanted to act out with his future girlfriend. Problem is, when they debuted, the probability of him having a girlfriend dropped to almost next to nothing. But still, he clung on to his dream. But then…he appeared.


1st day:

“Please?” A nearly desperate voice pleaded.

“How many times do I have to say ‘no’?” An annoyed one responded.
 

2nd day:

“Will you do it now??” The first one was heard again.

“I said no yesterday, didn’t I?” The second one sarcastically asked before stomping out the room.

The one who stomped out walked into the kitchen, where another boy was found.

“Yah, Taemin, can you do me a favour?” He nervously asked.

“Key-umma? Weren’t you with Jonghyun?” Taemin smiled, poking his straw to his daily bottle of banana milk.

“Yeah…” Key looked to the side. “Yah, Taemin, I gotta ask you a favour.”

“Sure, what is it?”
 

3rd day:

Jonghyun asked Key again. And again and again with each ‘no’ that fell from Key’s mouth.
 

4th day:

He asked again, but didn’t push it this time – Key ignored him all day yesterday and spent nearly every waking moment with the maknae talking in hushed voices. He was already loosing hope Key would give in.
 

5th day:

Key already shut the door on his face before he could even ask.

By now, the other members were walking unsteady grounds each time the two was around them.

Though…Taemin seems to be fine with the whole thing.
 

6th day:

It was getting to be too much actually. Jonghyun barely saw Key without Taemin on his side, and he just gets yelled at each time he even starts a question towards Key.

He was just about ready to give up.

7th day:

“We’ve been over this for the past 7 days; I. SAID. NO!” Key hollered before stomping out of the shared room.

Truly, their conversations for the past 7 days have been the same. Jonghyun would ask Key for the same request over and over, while Key refused again and again.

This time though, Jonghyun finally gave up on the seventh day – admitting defeat - before walking out to the living room – where the other members were.

“Jonghyun-hyung…” That was their maknae there, his voice sounding worried. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing…” Jonghyun pouted, sitting on the recliner and faced the TV.

“Really?” Onew smiled next to Taemin – Key wasn’t here, so they could for now. “Cause that pout on your face says otherwise.” He snickered, flipping through the channels.

“Shut up” Jonghyun huffed, crossing his arms.

“Hyung, stop baiting him.” Minho reprimanded from the other side of Taemin – his arm thrown casually over the maknae’s shoulder.

“Uh…but…” Taemin started, looking around. “Where’s Key-umma?”

Onew and Minho snickered when the maknae’s question just made the Jonghyun’s pout even more pronounced.

“It’s nothing, Minnie…” Onew chuckled, poking a confused Taemin in the stomach – making him giggle at the touch. “Umma and appa are having a lover’s tiff right now, so stay out of it, OK?” He chuckled in a baby voice.

“Arrasso?” Taemin looked even more confused but just shrugged it off before standing up. “I’m gonna go get banana milk.” He announced, walking towards the kitchen, a smile hidden in his lips.

“Get me chicken!” Onew yelled after him.

“No!” Taemin hollered back.

Onew just huffed before settling on a channel – he was trying to find the channel with ‘School of Rock’ in it cause their appearance was showing tonight. They wanted to see if they did well.

“Where IS Key-hyung though?” Minho asked, eyes wide with curiosity pointed towards Jonghyun.

“He’s probably in the other one of the bedrooms.” Onew answered absently, laughing at the TV.

Hearing this, Jonghyun stood up and searched for the resident diva.

“I’m gonna go find him.” He announced before he left.

He walked down the hallway to the bedrooms, opening each one of them and looking inside one by one.

He was just about to open the third room when he heard a…piano?...playing from the fourth room – one that was usually empty beside the little instruments they had.

“Key?” Jonghyun poked his head in the bedroom, eyes widening in shock when he saw what was inside.

Key…was how he looked like in the drama skit they did in School of Rock – except the different outfit.

He had a wig on, which was pulled into two high pigtails, though his bangs were left down, accenting his sharp yet feminine features. He wore a shirt that was tight around his stomach and waist, but loose on the chest – creating an illusion that he actually had something there. He was wearing tight pants that highlighted his long legs, and wore high heeled shoes that matched his shirt. Click on earrings adorned his ears.

His face was covered in make-up, a slight douse of mascara and eye-liner, making his eyes seem wider, a slight blush on his cheeks, making him look as if he was blushing, and his naturally pink lips glossed, and Jonghyun really couldn’t help his eyes as they transfixed themselves on those soft pink plumps.

All in all, he looked sophisticated, yet cute – certainly a winning combination in any women.http://www.fashiondivadesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Polyvore-34.jpg

 

“Key…” Jonghyun stammered, walking inside – leaving the door open. “W-wha-? What are you doing?”

Key stopped his playing and set his hands by his side before looking at Jonghyun with determined eyes. “…giving in.” He muttered.

“What?”

“I’m giving in to you.” Key replied louder. “You asked me to make one of your dreams come true and I refused…” he hesitated before looking straight into the still shocked Jonghyun’s eyes. “This is me giving in.”

“W-why?” Jonghyun stammered, sitting next to the fidgeting Key. He traced his arms over the piano in wonder before looking at Key once again – trying to fight off the blush that came along with it.

Key just shrugged.

Then he smiled.

“So,” he started. “What song should I play?” He asked with a bright smile.

“B-but…” Jonghyun started stuttering again. “I thought you said no? For the past 7 days, you’ve just said nothing to me except no…”

“I know.” Key’s cheeks coloured at that. “But for the past 6 days, I’ve been having lessons with Taemin.”

“…lessons?”

“Piano lessons” Key admitted lowly, using the wigs hair to try and cover his face. “I asked him to teach me the basics and how to read music sheets. I can play pretty well now.” Key shyly smiled at the bewildered look on Jonghyun’s face. “So, what song should I play?”

Jonghyun stared at him for a while before smiling. He quickly gathered Key in his arms before planting a long kiss on his now red cheeks.

“That’s for thanks.” He smiled, before going over the music sheets. “What can you play so far?”

Key willed his blush away before looking over the sheets with him.

“I’ve been practicing ‘Nothing Better’ the most these days actually…” He admitted. “I know you like that song…”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened at the admittance – he was no fool, he knew just how hard it was to play that song – before smiling.

“Play that then.” He requested, opening said music sheet.
Outside:

 

 

  *Please play this while reading the rest and read SLOWLY*

“Ah…” Taemin smiled the moment he heard the piano and Jonghyun’s voice permeate the air. “So he’s finally ready?”

“Taemin?” Minho looked at the satisfied looking Taemin with a questioning look.

“Is this about why you and Key’s been stickier than glue these past few days?” Onew asked around his drumstick.

“I’ve been giving umma some lessons on the piano.” Taemin admitted with a sly smile. “He asked me specifically so that he can ‘help Jonghyun’s dream come true’.” He quoted.

Minho and Onew looked at one another before looking back at the maknae. Minho then put the remote down, Onew threw away his trash, and looked at Taemin closely.

“Explain” They chorused.

Taemin just rolled his eyes before explaining what happened 6 days ago. Why Key went up to him and why they’ve been sneaking around the members.

“Jonghyun was that desperate?” Onew asked, eyes wide.

“Don’t be mean.” Taemin slapped Onew’s arm lightly before standing up. “Now come on.”

“Uh…” The two hyungs stood up and started walking with him.

“Where are we going?” Minho asked as the music got louder and louder with each step they made towards their music room.

“Music room.” Taemin answered simply. “I want to enjoy the show.” He smiled, looking in the open room.

Jonghyun was standing behind Key, an arm on his exposed shoulder, singing while Key played the piano.

It was “Nothing Better”. The music was smooth and calming – though there were a few mistakes in the keys pressed, but it was brushed aside. Jonghyun’s voice was switching perfectly between the low and high notes, adjusting them in order to match the music when Key made a mistake.

Jonghyun was still in his stage outfit, and it made him look handsome – more so than he usually was. Add Key’s outfit, and the sunlight coming in through the window with the soft music and words flying around them, they made a perfect picture of a girlfriend playing the piano for her boyfriend – a scene they all knew was Jonghyun’s dream to have with his future girlfriend.

They watched as the scene in front of them played out.

They watched as the happiness in Jonghyun’s eyes kept getting brighter and brighter until it nearly outshone the sunshine outside.

They watched as Key’s hands started to glide more confidently over the piano, making the music that much better to hear. As one of Jonghyun’s hand rested on Key’s bare shoulders encouragingly whenever Key made a mistake.

They watched as a smile crept up Key’s face and stayed there. As he leaned back into Jonghyun’s arms and stayed there. As the blush on his face no longer seemed like it was the effects of make-up but his own content at where he was currently.

The singing stopped for a while and Jonghyun took that moment to sit down next to Key – his hand never leaving Key’s body.

He looked at the music sheet and the piano in front of him, and with an encouraging look from Key, started playing with him.

A few seconds later, the combined playing of both hands on the piano made the music louder, and Jonghyun sang with more power than before.

They watched as their hands ‘accidentally’ touched one another’s, but never made a move to prevent it as it happened.

Key’s smile widened until it nearly took over his face. Jonghyun’s eyes were filled with tears of joy, threatening to fall down at any minute.

They played the last notes together, and ended with a smile towards each other – all this happening with neither of them noticing the other members at the door.

With Jonghyun and Key:

They played the last note together with a smile.

Jonghyun’s eyes threatened to have its trapped tears spilt. Key’s smile threatened to split his face in half.

Long, thankful, and flustered thoughts flew around Jonghyun’s head as he stared at his dongsaeng. His same dongsaeng that helped make his dream come true. He looked at Key with happiness as his cheeks started to redden, and he started leaning in, closing his eyes.

Key, however, was flushed. His heart was pounding, and he can feel his hands shake slightly in nervousness. He looked into Jonghyun’s shining eyes and felt his breath coming short. Then Jonghyun started to get closer.

His breath was caught in his throat. Shock that this was happening, but he didn’t want to move. Not now. This moment…was too perfect to ruin.
So he stayed perfectly still…closed his eyes, and waited. He could just about feel Jonghyun’s breath mixing with his when the applause started, and immediately, they jumped apart.

“Hyung” Taemin – a sly look in his eyes – smiled walking in. “You’ve gotten a lot better at that.” He complimented the red Key.

Onew and Minho simply followed their maknae, matching smirks on their faces.

“Sorry to interrupt.” Minho drawled with a smile, not sounding sorry in the least.

“But we will anyways.” Onew finished, a smirk on his face.

“Now…” They walked together to get on each side of the blushing couple. “What were you guys about to do?” They smiled ‘innocently’.

“W-what?” That was Jonghyun.

“Well…” Onew started with a smirk.

“It kinda looked like you guys were about to kiss.” Minho finished, snickering when Onew started making kissing faces.

“Alright,” Taemin sighed, going behind the two kids – they WERE being less mature than him at the moment – before grabbing them by the ear and pulling.

“That’s enough. Let’s leave the love birds alone.” He teased the quickly reddening Jonghyun.

“Hyung” he looked at Jonghyun, pulling Onew and Minho behind him. “Take care of umma OK? Just remember to fully seal the deal before you demand me to start calling you appa, ‘k?” He smirked before walking out the door.

Jonghyun sputtered and pushed them out, yelling negatives about their thoughts.

Key just sat there. Does this mean he doesn’t want to? He was upset now. He did all this for Jonghyun…and he didn’t want it. Maybe I was too harsh when I denied him his –

His thoughts were cut off as a soft pair of lips pressed themselves to his cheeks.

“Kamsangmidha” Jonghyun whispered into his ear before kissing him again and leaving the room, leaving a shocked Key to look at his back as he walked out, a hand on his reddening cheek.


 

I was watching YunHaNam yesterday when the I saw the scene where Jonghyun said that his wish was to have a moment like this with his future girlfriend. I thought I’d expand that idea and make it into a JongKey moment. :D

What did you guys think?