Storm

Brotherly(?) Love

3rd POV:

 

It was late at night when Jonghyun woke up, not to the thunderstorms outside the dorm, but to the whimpering noises below his bed.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he quickly leaned over to look at their Maknae's bed below him - only to see said maknae curling up in his bed, cowering in fright each time lightning would strike.

Jonghyun sighed before quickly getting up, going down the bunkbed to sit down on Taemin's bed - startling the maknae when his bed suddenly dipped.

"Hyung?" Taemin whimpered. "I'm sorry...did I wake you?" He asked, his eyes wide with concern, knowing Jonghyun got home rather late because of recording. Concern, however, was quickly replaced with panic when thunder rolled outside.

"Yeah...but it's fine." Jonghyun assured him, suddenly taking one of Taemin's hands to pull him up. "Come on, I know you're scared - let's get you some milk to calm you down so you could sleep better."

"OK..." Taemin whispered, letting himself get pulled out of the room and into their kitchen. He didn't bother pulling his hands away - having his hyung hold them kept him calm, and he rather liked it. It made him feel protected - no matter how silly his fear of lightning is.

So when it was his hyung that finally let his hand go to open the fridge, he quickly grabbed onto the thin shirt he was wearing to hold onto that feeling.

"Taemin?" Jonghyun turned to look at his hand. He looked up and saw the panic in his maknae's eyes and he quickly offered his hand again, using the other one this time to quickly grab his maknae's favorite milk and close the fridge door.

"Poke the straw through." Jonghyun told him lightly, gesturing at the bottle.

Taemin did as told and took the straw that came with the banana milk in his free hand to poke the milk bottle still in his hyung's. He was quickly handed the milk when another lightning came about.

"Thank you..." Taemin muttered, quickly putting the straw in his mouth, his hands tightening around the others' in search of reassurance.

"No problem" Jonghyun gave a small smile. He pulled the maknae towards the counters and leaned against them, facing the maknae.

He had to give a chuckle at how Taemin looked - eyes still filled with sleep, hair just a little fussed, using one of Jonghyun's shirt and his own boxers to bed and ling on a straw. In Jonghyun's mind, he looked like a baby ling milk at night.

Taemin looked up, hearing him chuckling, and just shrugged at his hyung's amusement at what was no doubt how he looked right now, leaning closer to rest his head on his hyung's shoulder - he was much calmer now that Jonghyun was here, and the milk was already getting him sleepy.

"Are you done?" Jonghyun asked a moment later, leaning his head away to look down at Taemin.

"Yeah..." Taemin murmured, turning slightly to the side to throw the bottle away - only to quickly lean his head back on Jonghyun's shoulder once he was done.

"Come on then," Jonghyun urged him, pulling him by the hand again to their bedroom. "Let's go back to bed - we have a photoshoot tomorrow."

"M'kay..." Taemin was really getting sleepy. He didn't even notice that they were already back in their bedroom.

"Are you OK now?" Jonghyun asked once Taemin was back in his bed. His hand was still captured in the maknae's own.

"Yeah..." Taemin smiled sleepily. His eyes snapped open, however, when a rather loud bright flash of lightning quickly followed by loud thunder vibrated through the place.

Jonghyun just frowned at the window - as if his glaring could stop the bad weather - before quickly pushing Taemin a bit to the side to settle behind him.

"H-hyung?" Taemin asked when Jonghyun slipped into his covers, pulling him closer so that his back was flushed against Jonghyun's front.

"Sleep." Was Jonghyun's only answer, his breath hot against Taemin's neck.

"Taemin?" Jonghyun looked down when Taemin didn't answer. He was shocked however when, instead of answering, Taemin just turned around in his arms, pulling one of Jonghyun's arms under his head to use as a pillow and burrowing further into his hyung's arms.

"Thank you, hyung." Taemin muttered before placing a small kiss at his jaw before ducking his head down and quickly dozing off. "Goodnight."

"..." Jonghyun looked down at the now sleeping maknae, amusement in his eyes before putting his other arm around the maknae, completely encaging him into his arms and pulling him closer.

"Goodnight, Taemin." Jonghyun muttered back, giving Taemin's forehead a quick kiss before following him to dream land.


Forgive me if it's no good - I wrote this quite literally at 2:00 A.M. when I was bored and just couldn't sleep. I know the writing's sort of all over the place, but, again, 2:00 A.M. when I finished this. I was literally half asleep.

This is also sort of an apology and a peace offering. I know I haven't been able to update lately, but I've been really busy. This chapter's to show that I will be updating at least one of my stories soon. By the end of the month, I promise to have at least one of my stories updated.

~Siblings