Leader's Words

Brotherly(?) Love

Summary: Sometimes, all it took were for his leader to tell him so to get him to believe it.

 

3rd POV:

Kibum has always been conscious of how he looks. And he’s always taken good care of his appearance. It wasn’t because he was vain, or because he wanted everyone to know that he’s above them. It was just that…sometimes…he doesn’t feel good enough.

He would look in the mirror sometimes and see extra fat he’d just love to trim off his body. The way his face would look, sometimes, he’d wish he could do something about it. Whenever he was dressed in something he doesn’t like, he always makes sure people know it so that he can change into something he deems makes him look better.

Sometimes, yes, it does get on ’s nerves – they can sometimes see him as a bit narcissistic. But he can’t help it – each time he would look into the mirror, he keeps seeing these…mistakes…flaws…imperfections that he knows he can fix if he just puts a bit more effort into it. He can fix it if he’s allowed, and he’s taken it upon himself to make sure that he always has the time to make sure he’s as immaculate as he can be.

Right now would be another example.

They were at an early morning rehearsal. It was their last rehearsal, and it was going to be recorded for behind the scene stuff programs usually show.

Of course, he was already dressed up. His make-up on point, all the sweat the previous rehearsals off his face, and he’s taken the liberty to take some energy drinks earlier so that even his dancing later on will have the passion, and energy it’s supposed to give off. He’s taken note of where all the recording cameras will be, he’s monitored the previous rehearsals to make sure he’s getting everything done right.

There is one problem.

His outfit isn’t complete.

One of the stylist has forgotten one of his accessories – and, to him, it was something completely necessary for the outfit or else it’ll be ruined.

He doesn’t like the sound of that. He doesn’t want a ruined outfit. What will the people say? He’s SHINee’s resident fashionista. People usually look at him and comment about how unique and totally him the style he’s currently wearing is. For him, it didn’t matter that everything else was completely perfect, without that one thing missing, the whole thing was practically ruined.

He was just about to have a panic attack when their leader – bless him – noticed how he was fairing.

And before anyone else could notice, their leader – his leader – already had him taken aside to talk.

“Kibum-ah…” There’s the unique, soothing voice that always calmed him. “You know you don’t have to worry about anything – it’s all perfect. You’re all perfect already.” A small smile that did wonders to how his leader’s eyes would look was directed at him and he was already starting to calm.

Doesn’t mean he doesn’t want his problem known.

“Hyung,” he nearly whined, taking said hyung’s arms in his before pounding his feet slightly. “One of the stylist forgot something with my outfit! It’s ruined now, what do I do? I want this to be perfect!”

“Kibum~” Said leader took his hand into his, eyes now open to look into his own – and he was promptly quieted when he did, getting lost in those deep brown eyes. “You’re perfect, ok? Absolutely perfect.” Onew smiled one more time before giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

“Don’t worry too much about it.” Onew insisted. “From the way I see it, there’s nothing about you that’s ruined. You’re beautiful, handsome…perfect right now.”

And, as always, the look in his leader’s eyes made him believe every word that was said.

After all, it only really took their leader to say it for him to believe it.

“Thank you, JinKi-hyung…” SHINee’s Key smiled, hugging his leader closely before giving his cheek a kiss.

Just then, the PD yelled ‘Places!’ and everyone was getting ready.

And he was. All worries gone because of his leader.

ooOO**OOoo

Short drabble that kinda got stuck in my head. Decided to write it down.

~Curse