What Scares You

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Baguio City

Benguet, Philippines

 

 

Seunghyun just followed Tiffany the whole day. Dara was with them and she toured them around the place. The first day was just around the city proper: The Burnham Park, The Mansion, and The Baguio Cathedral.

 

 

While he was enjoying the cool weather, Seunghyun was not enjoying the cold treatment of Tiffany towards him. There wasn’t even any eye contact.

 

 

After a tiring day of sightseeing, they went home after dinner. Tiffany fell asleep right after taking a bath, Seunghyun had coffee after his turn in the bathroom. They are sharing a villa with two bedrooms. Tiffany is sharing a room with Dara and Seunghyun on the other room.

 

 

“Aren’t you asleep?” Dara asked, who joined him in the living room.

 

 

“What should I do?” The hopeless Seunghyun asked, “I wasn’t even given the chance to explain.”

 

 

“Tomorrow... pick strawberries for her.” Dara suggested. “A bit corny I know...”

 

“Yes...Can we just buy?” He scratched his head.

 

“Ok. We’ll pick ourselves, you buy.”

 

 

“Okay, fine. I’ll pick the whole yard.” He sighed with resignation.

 

 

Seunghyun went inside his room, and got out after 3 seconds...

 

 

“Noona, I’ll give you anything you want, can we switch rooms?” he pleaded.

 

 

“Tiffany will kill me!” hissed Dara, scared that Tiffany might hear her. She pushed Seunghyun away, but pity prevailed over since they were only ‘playing’ him. “Alright, alright. But if she gets mad, tell her you framed me up for something okay?”

 

 

“I am your slave, Noona.” He kissed Dara on the cheek.

 

 

 

Seunghyun didn’t waste any single second and rushed to Tiffany’s room, leaving the blushing Sandara all by herself in the living room.

 

 

He quietly (but quickly) entered the now-freezing bedroom. Tiffany had turned up the air-conditioning too cold because she missed the ‘cold’ weather in Seoul. Baguio is one of the coldest places in the Philippines, but cannot be compared to that of Seoul’s temperature even during spring or fall.

 

 

 

The room has two beds.

Seunghyun is now contemplating whether to sleep on Dara’s bed or squeeze in next to Tiffany.

Obviously, he wants to do the latter.

Definitely, he wants to sleep next to Tiffany.

He wants to hold her tight... kiss her goodnight... or maybe even more than that.

But for the time being, he just stood there, frozen...

 

 

 

He sat on Dara’s bed.

Then he lay down, then he sat again.

 

 

 

“Miyoung.” He gently called.

 

 

No answer.

 

 

“Miyoung.” He called again. This time a little louder.

 

 

Still no answer.

 

 

Seunghyun started to feel uneasy. Being undecided on where to sleep, he played the touch lamp placed on the bedside table between the two beds.

 

 

ON. OFF. ON. OFF. ON. OFF. 

 

Still sitting on Dara’s bed, he tried to lie down again and got a pillow to cover his face.

 

 

 

 “What do you count again? Sheep or cows?” Seunghyun asked trying to put himself to go to sleep.

 

 

 

No use, he couldn’t sleep. He peeked at the sleeping Tiffany on the other bed. It was just a matter of seconds when Seunghyun rushes to her side. He doesn’t care if she gets mad... She is already mad anyway.

 

 

 

Seunghyun carefully lifts the white puffy comforter and settled next to Tiffany. She does not move. She must have been tired from all the walking they did that morning. He was too. But he was tired from waiting – waiting until she talks to him again.

 

 

Seunghyun puts his arm around her, and buries his face on her hair. He planted several kisses on her head and on her face. Tiffany flinches a little, but does not wake up.  

 

Seunghyun hasn’t admitted it to Tiffany but her scent had always made him go weak. For some men, a woman’s scent usually can be their attraction, but for Seunghyun, not only is he attracted to Tiffany’s scent (if ever there is such a thing that you can be attracted to something intangible), but he goes all weak to her scent.

 

 

 

Still, Seunghyun has to count sheep or cows (The Bingu is still not sure) for him to fall asleep. Normally, when a guy and a girl sleep together (literally) and they hold each other, the girl places her head on the guy’s chest.

 

 

It’s the other way around for Seunghyun and Tiffany. When they sleep together, and hold each other, he places his head on her chest. Either that or Seunghyun can’t sleep. Whatta baby. Tiffany would kiss that scar on his eyebrow and he would act all mushy. Far, far from that hot BIGBANG's rapper T.O.P.

 

 

Tiffany was actually was facing the opposite side, so he has to pull her to his direction. Impossible. She’ll wake up and there’s a possibility that he’ll get kicked out of the room.

 

 

 

He was getting impatient.

 

 

 

“Miyoung.” He tried to wake her up. “I’m sorry. About Erika, I told her about us and that she and I are just a thing of the past now... we can’t be together anymore. I am serious about you, I really am. I’m sorry.”

 

 

But Tiffany was asleep. Pretending to be asleep. And smiling evilly while Seunghyun was getting all that serious apologizing to her.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Miyoung.”

 

 

 

Tiffany pretended to yawn and stretched a little bit. She turned to faced Seunghyun, her movements not so big, and calculated, just enough to pass as something made by person asleep. She pulled him close to her, seemingly as if somewhat a thing did out of habit.

 

 

 

“Tabi...” Tiffany murmured, her acting was superb. Good thing it was dark, or else Seunghyun would have seen her wide smile.

 

 

 

Seunghyun had no idea Tiffany was playing him, but he was just too happy.

 

 

He hugged her really tight and being just as tired as Tiffany was, he fell asleep quickly.

 

 

 

Kiss me, Tabi... Kiss me... arrrghh. Disappointedly Tiffany thought.

 

 

Next morning

 

 

They went to the mall the next day and went to different places like Camp John Hay which has good view of the mountains in Baguio. They also went to Mines View, which is a popular park in the city.

 

 

 

Dara who has been to the city several times had seek the advice of a friend since she was a bit bored. Her friend told her to go to Sagada, which somewhere up north. The two, Seunghyun and Tiffany, had no choice but to go with her. So at ten in the evening, they were ready to go.

 

 

 

“You guys ready? All bags packed?” Dara asked, while tying her shoelaces.

 

 

 

“Unni, are you sure about this?” Tiffany asked, “I’m not really an outdoor-type of person... can I just stay here?”

 

 

“I’ll stay with her!” Seunghyun volunteered without looking at Tiffany, but his smile was so wide Dara was certain they had make-up last night.

 

 

 

“I’m going.” But Tiffany sounded irritated.

 

 

 

“Ooh~” Dara was puzzled, the one is ecstatic, the other is pissed. “Let’s all go. Sagada’s still far from here. It’s another adventure from Baguio. And beside’s it’s a totally different adventure, you’ll see why. Seunghyun, go get the bags.”

 

 

 

Tiffany and Dara went ahead of Seunghyun who was whistling while he was getting the bags. All of it. Talk about being inspired.

 

 

 

At the reception area, Dara broke her silence and asked Tiffany.

 

 

 

“Hey. You did it didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter