Game Over

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Healing Camp Monday night 11.15 pm

 

Her guesting in the sensational and popular talk show, Healing Camp was one of the highest rated broadcasts the show has ever had. Needless to say that she is one of the most promising young actresses of the generation of today.  BUT it had also helped that the ‘controversial’ preview of her interview was shown countless times on SBS channel a week prior to actual airing of the program.

 

Viewers highly anticipated this Healing Camp episode as Ms. Shin Min Ah was about to go all-out on her past relationship with an ex-boyfriend whom she claims she still has feelings up to now.

 

Healing Camp has a very unique concept of letting their guests feel comfortable during the show by customizing an atmosphere specific to their own individual character and personalities. They wanted their guests to feel at home and calm and basically, just be themselves. In that way, they can open themselves up to the hosts and be more natural. The downside is, they tend to be way too honest that they forget it will be broadcasted in national television. Well, that was the intention in the first place -  make them come clean on issues especially on rumors hounding them.

 

For Shin Min Ah, the interview was done in a garden restaurant a few miles from the city proper of Seoul. It was her favorite place ever since she was a little girl. She and her family frequent the restaurant very often. And ever since she had become a celebrity, it was a hideout, an escape to prying eyes of the public. It was even a ‘date’ place for her and Seunghyun too.

 

The organizers had to re-arrange the big lawn to set-up four mini couches  facing each other, separated by a wooden round table in the middle. Snacks and drinks were placed in table (Shin Min Ah’s choice as well) for anyone to eat.

 

Hosts Lee Kyung-Kyu, Kim Jae-Dong, and Han Hye-Jin greeted Shin Min Ah even before the cameras started rolling; they’re also very excited. They didn’t waste anymore time and got to the point right away. They covered what needed to be covered. The hosts asked the most daring questions, and Shin Min Ah answered them like there’s no tomorrow and as if she was not a celebrity and had no image to protect.

 

And she was honest. Brutally honest.

 

Kim Jae Dong asked Shin Min Ah straightforwardly, “What do you think was the major reason why your relationship didn’t work out?”

 

She paused for a while, obvious that she was composing an answer. She was, but she was just organizing her thoughts.

 

“Reasons, Oppa. Reasons.” She began. “I was older than him and I controlled him. I took advantage of him, I knew that he’d always be there for me. When I call, he’d be there. Always. I took him for granted but he’d always be there for me. “

 

“So you’re the guy in the relationship?” Han Hye Jin asked.

 

“Not really…” Shin Min Ah answered, “But mostly, I was the one who was calling the shots, because I wanted to and he let me. The relationship is a go, when I want to. It’s off when I don’t want to. I dump him whenever I feel like it. Before I didn’t feel anything, about being guilty and stuff. When another guy comes along, he takes a back seat.”

 

“Are you honestly saying that you used him?” Hye Jin followed up with another question.

 

Shin Min Ah’s eyes starting to tear up. “Yes… I was in denial that I did. I was a bad girl for doing that. I broke up some of his relationships. I kept him hanging so many times. I made him cry, I ruined him.”

 

She began to cry now. Han Hye Jin had to pass a tissue to her for her to wipe her tears.

 

Those were genuine tears and genuine pain.

 

Shin Min Ah realized how much she had hurt Seunghyun. No, the realization didn’t come overnight. She was stopping herself all this time from calling him, from getting in touch with him because from what she learned, he was in a relationship with someone.

 

That someone, she doesn’t know who. All she was told is that Seunghyun is in a serious relationship now and is very much in love with his new girlfriend.

 

She started to panic.

 

Before, with his previous relationships, all she heard were words “very much in love” but not “in a serious relationship”.

 

After she had called it quits with So Ji Sub she realized that the one she wants to be with is that someone who had kept up with her all these years. And for the last time, although, she knew it’s going to be messy, but she’s willing to win Seunghyun back.

 

She will win Seunghyun back and start all over again.

At all costs.

Just like the old times.

 

“Do you still love him?” It was Lee Kyung-Kyu’s turn to ask her.

 

“Yes… I do. I still love him, so very much.” She confessed, tears still streaming down her face. Her confession sincere, feelings without any apprehension. “All these years, it’s always been him. I’m willing to take him back. I’ll do whatever it takes. I’ll beg if I have to. I’ll court him, I’ll woo him. I’ll be his slave, I’ll be the guy and do those things to win him back again. Things will change this time… for the better, for the best. I’ll make up for all the shortcomings, for all the wrong things I did.”

 

Han Hye Jin began to cry too. She felt her pain. Right in front of her was a woman truly sorry for hurting the man she loved, and still loves, and now ready to make amends to do everything just to get him back.

 

“I’m sorry Tabi…”

 

She said his name.

 

In one of highest-rated shows in South Korea.

There’s only one popular Tabi in South Korea.

One Tabi linked to Shin Min Ah.

Tiffany Hwang’s Tabi.

 

“Let’s start again, baby.” Shin Min Ah went on, “I’m sorry… I love you so much.”

 

 

 

Pink Monster's House Past 12 midnight

 

Tiffany tried to turn off the TV with the remote control  but it won’t close. Apparently, it wasn’t the remote control that she’s holding but her mobile phone.

 

Her mind’s replaying what she have just watched.

 

It’s always been him.

I’m willing to take him back.

I’ll do whatever it takes.

I still love him, so very much

I’m sorry Tabi

Let’s start again, baby

 

Tiffany felt as if the world came crashing down on her. Few months ago, she was telling Rika, Daesung’s girlfriend, that she have never been jealous of anyone. Now, someone just raised the ‘red flag’ on her.

 

So, she is the one.

 

The gumiho. 

Now she knows why she's called 'the gumiho'.

Because of her drama 'My girlfriend is a gumiho'.

 

But Tiffany admires her… she is beautiful, elegant, classy, matured, reserved.

 

Seunghyun’s ideal type.

 

Maybe the whole of South Korea thinks they look good together and they deserve a second chance. It’s not the second chance though. She haven’t had the opportunity to ask Seunghyun how many chances he had given her.

 

Shin Min Ah looked and sounded sincere, Tiffany thought.

 

She swallowed hard. Thoughts were racing in her head. Her heart is beating like crazy. She stood up not knowing what to do. Should she call Seunghyun? Did he watch the show? This was pre-recorded. Maybe he already knows this…Maybe Shin Min Ah already called him before.

 

Her mobile phone already began to beep endlessly as it started to be flooded with messages.

 

No, she doesn’t want to read them. She had an idea of what those messages are even before reading them.

 

Tiffany sat on the sofa again, she put her feet up,  her head on her knees. She closed her eyes.

 

Tiffany can’t deny that she had fallen in love Choi Seunghyun seriously.

 

Everyone knows how she have worked hard to be in SNSD, how she flew alone from the US, being young and all that, just to fulfill her dream. Even severing ties with her own family at one point in time.

 

Even at the peak of her career, Tiffany still strives. Her enthusiasm and fervor never goes down, she never lets fame get into in her head, not for once became complacent in her job. That’s how Tiffany worked and still works and wanted work in the future. A truly professional and dedicated artist who loves her craft.

 

But she’s willing to throw that dream and what she has accomplished so far in blink of an eye…

 

Everything.

 

Throw everything in a blink of an eye.

 

For Seunghyun.

 

That’s how she loves Choi Seunghyun.

 

Maybe they started a bit off. Seunghyun didn’t really liked her. It was a blind date. And it wasn’t even their own blind date. It was Daesung’s and Sooyoung’s.

 

She wasn’t his type to begin with, he made sure she knew that at the very beginning. Some of his friends didn’t like her, they preferred that he’d hook up with someone with ‘more class’. Maybe compared to Shin Min Ah, she’s inferior but that doesn’t mean she can offer less.

 

But what if Seunghyun chooses to go back to her?

 

Tiffany was biting her nails. She was trying to control her tears from falling. Until Seunghyun tells her goodbye, then she would cry.

 

He wouldn’t leave her, Tiffany thought. ‘My Tabi won’t leave me.’

 

Then her tears just started to fall. It was two am when she fell asleep. She didn’t manage to go her room anymore. Tiffany fell asleep crying assuring herself that Seunghyun won’t leave her just like that.

 

 

 

Seunghyun’s Pad Tuesday Morning 9 am

 

“Seunghyun…” her voice cracked, it sounded as if she just cried or was about to cry.

 

“Noona…” he replied.

 

Game over.

Game over…. for Seunghyun.

Game over… for Seunghyun…. Again.

 

Seunghyun just woke up. He answered his mobile phone without looking at who’s calling. He thought it was Tiffany, but he recognized her voice. Why wouldn’t he? After all these years, her voice was too familiar to him. He couldn’t forget it; he couldn’t forget her.

 

He looked at the clock on his bedside table, almost nine am. It was still early for him since he doesn’t have a schedule that Tuesday.

 

“Baby, are you up?” Shin Min Ah asked.

 

Baby. She called him that again.

 

Seunghyun knows the drill. He knows she’s back again.

 

At this point in time, he was supposed to feel still sleepy but no, he was wide-awake. He was nervous.

 

“Noona…” He repeated. Seunghyun sat up.

 

“Did you watch last night?” She asked, “Healing Camp?”

 

No, he did not watch. But Seunghyun kind of figured what she was referring to. Healing Camp. And after a couple of years or so, she calls again. Something is up.

 

Moment of truth again.

 

Seunghyun is back on crossroads. He’s been there many, many times. She’s hurt him then she comes back. Not only does he welcome her back, he runs back to her.

 

He was rubbing his temples, his heart was pounding. He couldn’t think straight.

 

She dumped him for many guys. One time for Won Bin and the latest for So Ji Sub. They were his Sunbaes, he couldn’t argue. All Seunghyun could do was beg but it was futile. All he got was a text message from Shin Min Ah saying she was sorry and she’d loved him truly.

 

And there he was broken.

 

Until she comes back again and the vicious cycle will start.

 

Just like now.

 

Seunghyun was trying to recall happy memories with Shin Min Ah. All he remembers are those times when she finally comes back to him, that’s when he is happiest. Their dates are also mostly hanging out in their own houses. Typical celebrity dates.

 

She was the serious type but can be funny at times. But Seunghyun was very, very attracted to her. Attracted to everything about her. Her looks, her attitude, the way she talks, the way she carries herself, the way she handles Seunghyun. Everything that is Shin Min Ah.

 

Seunghyun breathes Shin Min Ah.

 

That is why no matter how much she’d hurt him, it was okay. Seunghyun accepted it. He loved her with all his heart. She used him, and she admitted it. He knew it, but he accepted it just the same.

 

Back in 2008, when rumors surfaced about their relationship, Seunghyun was the happiest person on earth. But Shin Min Ah broke up with him. People around her didn’t like it either. Her family, friends and her company thought Seunghyun was too young, and too infamous (that time). He wouldn’t help her in her career as an actress. They told her she woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter