The First Date

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Aftermath

 

Seunghyun drove his Audi in a daze. What exactly was he thinking? What has gotten into his mind that he had actually asked her out?

 

Wait… he wasn’t dreaming, was he?

Yes, he did ask her out and she said YES.

 

He had to stop the car and re-think what he just did. Seunghyun had to find reason or at least an excuse for the latest trouble that he has gotten into.

 

He rubbed his temples and let out a sigh. He looked outside the car window and realized that he had become desperate.

 

That desperate.

 

Tiffany had come off as a strong woman to him, no doubt. From that first meeting, he knew, with those honest (and beautiful) eyes of hers, she was a woman of substance. With that personality, she could’ve stopped him from going back to her when she comes back to him.

 

But still, Seunghyun couldn’t imagine himself falling in love with Tiffany. YET. He just needs her to stop him from doing that crazy thing over and over again, that is, run back to that very person who had continuously hurt him. But how will Tiffany be able to do that if he was not in love with her?

 

He told her to hold on to him, no matter what. But what about him? If she does her part, can he do his? Even if he doesn’t have feelings for her?

 

Back there in the coffeehouse was a pure act of hopelessness. He had no way out, and upon recognizing that Tiffany’s got similar situation, he took advantage of it. She knows everything and yet she agreed.

 

And everything happened too fast. He doesn’t even know when's her birthday.

 

Bad Seunghyun, he told himself.

 

Seunghyun dated women in the past. Women who were his type but he ended leaving them anyway for her.

 

The longest relationship Seunghyun had been with another girl aside from her was almost 2 years. It was with a Japanese model, 5 years older than he is. She was a nice girl, beautiful beyond words. She is actually a close friend of Kiko, Jiyong’s girlfriend.

 

Erika, was a low-profile model. She was one of the most beautiful faces out there in Japan modeling industry, but she kept it low. For one, she is a daughter of a rich business tycoon and secondly, she’s dating BIGBANG’s T.O.P. 

 

They had the best time together. Seunghyun flew to Japan almost every week and Erika went to Seoul weekly, as long as her schedule would permit her.  They saw each other at least twice every week. There was effort in their relationship and distance was never a problem.

 

They never fought. Their families even met. Even went out on dinner once in a while, and went on a holiday to London one Christmas.

 

Seunghyun truly fell in love with Erika.

 

Seunghyun had always said that he wants to get married at 40. He stopped saying that when he met Erika.

 

Everything was perfectly fine. Until that one night, when Erika was sleeping soundly in his arms, his phone rang.

That phone call didn’t wake her up that night, but that made her cry the next morning and the next few months.

 

But Erika just let him go back to her just like that. She just cried her heart out.

Part of Seunghyun wanted Erika not just to cry and watch him leave.

 

Same for the rest of the other women. Some of them were mad, but same story, with flowing tears they watched Seunghyun go. He wondered if someone had ever said those two words “don’t go”, would he be able to gather the courage and the strength that he needed?

 

But it’s too late for all these thinking. He couldn’t just call Tiffany and take everything back. That’s so un-manly. She could’ve agreed because maybe she also had her reasons. 

 

Seunghyun stepped on the gas. There’s no use on dwelling too much on what just happened. He needed a way out. This was the CLOSE-st way out, at least for now.

 

He had to hurry to the company for brief meeting.

 

 

 

YG Building Hapjeong-dong Mapo-gu, Seoul 6 p.m-ish

 

When the YG building was still under conceptualization, CEO Yang Hyun Suk was very keen on the specifics of the conference room next to the recording studio. He noted that this meeting area must be comfortable enough that his artists must feel at home and relaxed yet they shouldn’t forget they’re still at work.

Hence, it looked very much like living room. A living room, which exudes an executive yet artistic vibe.

 

Seungri was joking around, doing a gwiyomi when Seunghyun came in. He sat beside Daesung who was busy fiddling with mobile phone.

 

Yang Hyun Suk Sajang-nim came in minutes after Seunghyun, “Anyeonghasaeyo! Dinner’s on me after this meeting.”

 

Everybody growled.  They have a cafeteria. And they always get free food.

 

“Okay, that was lame. I know.” Yang Hyun Suk laughed. “Before we get to business, I want to know what is up with you guys?”

 

He got a few nods.

 

“Are you this responsive all these years?” He smiles.

 

Yang Hyun Suk understands that this is what he gets from calling a meeting at 6pm.

Five boys, at the prime of their age, stuck with their boss at the time of the day when they don’t want to.

 

“So?” Yang Hyun Suk said still waiting for an answer. He was actually trying to ask them if there is SOMETHING that he should know about.

 

“We’re good.” Jiyong answered for the group.

 

“You useless fools! I am trying to be a good hyung here.” He resigned, “Alright, alright. Just don’t shock me with scandals… Alright, if there are any, tell me beforehand so I know what to do…”

 

“I’m dating Tiffany from SNSD…” Seunghyun cut him off.

 

That statement solicited the same reaction from his fellow band mates,

 

“Hyung.”

 

 “Wow.” Yang Hyun Suk, meanwhile was surprised. “Even before the world watches the North wages a war on us, they would first see how Lee Soo Man will a throw a canon ball at me.”

 

The boys were not sure if Yang Hyun Suk was serious or not. He kept a poker face. But he went on.

 

“Hyung…” Seunghyun interrupted. “I’ve just asked her out…”

 

Then he laughed mightily, “Look Seunghyun, I don’t care whom you’re dating and I don’t care if Soo Man gets mad or what. I would only care if it concerns you and only you… But Tiffany…?  What happened to ‘matured, elegant, classy lady’ and moreso, older... isn’t she 19?”

 

“Ummm.. She’s 24 and…” Seunghyun attempted to explain.

 

“Forget it.” Yang Hyun Suk didn’t gave him the chance to explain anyway, “You’d make beautiful babies… With her eyes and your eyes, your kids’ eyes might even light up the entire Seoul… Speaking of which, have you worked on that?”

 

“What?” Seunghyun asked innocently.

 

“Making babies.” Yang Hyun Suk couldn’t contain his laughter now.

 

“HYUNG!!!” Seunghyun blushed. “I just wanted her to help me forget…”

 

“That, can make you forget Seunghyun.” Yang Hyun Suk evilly smiled at the very red Seunghyun. “I’m not saying to have babies now. But you can practice…”

 

“YAH! SAJANG-NIM!!!” Seunghyun shouted.

 

“What? I’m just saying…” The CEO didn’t stop. It was fun teasing Seunghyun.

 

“I’m going to the restroom.” Seunghyun stormed out of the conference room looking like he’s about to burst.

 

Everyone was laughing. Behind those laughter, was genuine happiness in knowing that their friend had finally gotten another ounce of courage to move on and forget.

 

Tiffany may not be like the other girls he went out before.  

Correction. He went out with women. Tiffany is still a girl. But if Seunghyun had a reason to choose her, whatever it is, they’d go with it. Seunghyun had suffered long enough.

He came back with his face still red, and his friends still laughing.

 

Yang Hyun Suk had almost forgotten why they met, they were about to dismiss them when Jiyong reminded him.

 

“Yah! That’s because of you Seunghyun.” He chuckled. “Anyway, BIGBANG will have promotions for Kakao Talk in Malaysia next week. Jiyong still can’t come because of his World Tour. It would be a fanmeet, few songs maybe. Interaction with fans, question and answer for sure. Basically, same as what you did in Indonesia. I haven’t seen the entire program yet. The organizers are coordinating with Min Ji-Noona so she will fix everything and relay this to your respective managers.”

 

“To be honest, I wasn’t supposed to discuss this with you but I haven’t see you in a while so I had an excuse…so, dinner, anyone?”

 

He got the same reaction. Same disappointed growls.

 

“Okay fine.” Yang Hyun Suk. “Leave now, you no-good…”

 

“We’ll go now…” the boys chorused.

 

“And Seunghyun…”

 

“I’ll let her meet you.” Seunghyun didn’t let him finish, “When T already comes before B”

 

“I’d love that.” Yang Hyun Suk smiled.

They shared an inside joke.

 

Yang Hyun Suk thought, “I want to meet her sooner, though.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter