Couldn't You Wait?

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SM Entertainment Building Seoul 4pm

 

“I don’t see any reason for us for to talk, Unni.” Tiffany began. She was unsure whether to sit or not. She was expecting to see CEO Lee Soo Man in his office because he was called in his office not Shin Min Ah.

 

Shin Min Ah looked every inch of a desperate woman. It’s been a week since the episode of Healing Camp was aired where she was the guest. And now, she has come face to face with the woman whom she’s willing to trade places with anytime of the day.

 

Shin Min Ah found Tiffany beautiful. She has her own charms and that eye smile—it was to die for… maybe Seunghyun was captivated by it too. Maybe Seunghyun had changed his preference on women, she thought. Whatever it is, it still pains her, it killed her slowly. 

 

“We need to talk.” Shin Min Ah said. She thinks otherwise though. She stood up from the guest chair, motioned that Tiffany should come sit in front of her.

 

Shin Min Ah’s mere presence inside SM signified that she had a certain power on things. They were inside Tiffany’s company’s building. This was Tiffany’s turf and yet Shin Min Ah can move around and it seems like can order Tiffany around.  

 

Tiffany does not like it. But she needs to tell her who’s the boss. She needs to tell her who owns Choi Seunghyun.

She’s got to protect her man.

 

“Okay, let’s hear it.” Tiffany acted cool.

 

It’s show time.

 

“I still love Tabi.” Shin Min Ah stated, “I’m sure it has reached you by now how I  told the whole world how much I do… and how I desperately want him back.”

 

Tiffany nodded. That was loud and clear.

 

“I’m serious about it, Tiffany.” Shin Min Ah added. She was getting pissed at how Tiffany’s acting too cool and nonchalant about her seriousness.

 

She got another nod from Tiffany.

 

The battle between Seunghyun’s women has begun.

 

Tiffany and Shin Min Ah both hate each other now to the ends of the earth.

 

Shin Min Ah could not control her feelings because she knew she was the one on the losing end; because she knew deep inside she already lost Seunghyun to Tiffany.  Tiffany on the other hand is playing it cool; why waste her emotions (she just got drained from that scare of losing Seunghyun) when she knows he loves her and only her?

 

“You’re not getting it are you?” Now Shin Min Ah is losing her grip and her anger is showing, “Do you know how many girls were there that he left for me? How he couldn’t forget me all these years? It will only take a matter of days before comes back to me, Tiffany. I know him too well.. Seunghyun, Seunghyun….”

 

“Seunghyun loves me.” Tiffany finished the sentence for her and smiled. “Unni, let’s not fight. This is so cheap. And while I’m still being respectful, let’s just stop, please.”

 

“You’ll just get hurt in the end.” Shin Min Ah was still proud, “He’ll come back to me...”

 

Tiffany on the other hand, was losing her patience because Shin Min Ah was so confident that Seunghyun would eventually come back to her. Her words and her facial expression irked Tiffany so much that she wanted to stand up and walk away, if not, she’ll stay and beat the crap out of her.

 

She was about to answer back when her phone rang.

 

It was Seunghyun.

 

Time for sweet revenge.

 

‘Tiffany, put it back on’

 

She put it on speakerphone.

 

“Hi Tabi.” Tiffany sweetly answered.

 

“Where are you?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Shin Min Ah froze. She’s not ready to hear them talking. It’s as if they saw them in their ‘private moment’ together.

 

Naughty Tiffany looked away from Shin Min Ah. She couldn’t bear look to at her face while she’s tormenting her while talking to Seunghyun.

 

“SM.” Tiffany replied.

 

“Mmmm” Seunghyun said.

 

“Mmmm.” Tiffany repeated flirtatiously.

 

Sweet short mumblings.

Awkward but cute romantic moments.

After two years, they still do it.

 

“Should I go there?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Why?” teased Tiffany. She was looking at her newly polished nails.

 

“Mmmm. I want to see Taeyeon, Sunny, Jessica, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Yoona… And….” Seunghyun answered in his deep voice. He was trying to sound cute. Well, he was more than cute.

 

They were acting like teenagers. Being corny to the highest level. If their fans knew this, they probably would change their bias right away. 

 

“And…?”

 

“I forgot who…” Seunghyun laughed.

 

“Who?” Asked Tiffany in her most flirtatious voice, irking Shin Min Ah even more.

 

“Ah, forget it.” Seunghyun was still laughing.

 

“Fine.” Tiffany pouted. “I’m hanging up, Ta-bi.”

 

She just has to say ‘Ta-bi’ something in between sweetly and flirtatiously and extra lovingly.

 

“I love you, Miyoung.” Seunghyun replied. He didn't know he was playing his part so well.

 

That doesn’t answer her question, nor is related to anything in the conversation. He just said it. Seunghyun just said it. Out-of-the-blue.

 

Whatta man. That Seunghyun.

 

“Say that again, Tabi.” Tiffany looked at the now pale Shin Min Ah.

 

“I love you… I love you… I love you… I love you… I love you… I love you… I love you so much, Miyoung.” Seunghyun’s voice echoed in the room.

 

“I love you too Tabi but I’m scared you might come back to Shin Min Ah Unni…” Tiffany lied. She knew he’s not going back to her.

 

“Are we going through this again? Ahhhh.. Please… what can I do to convince you?” Seunghyun voice changed, he felt bad that he thought this was a past issue.

 

“You don’t love her anymore?” She asked. Bad Tiffany.

 

“No. I already said that.” Seunghyun sounded irritated. “Like a million times.”

 

“You’re not coming back to her?” She probed again. Bad Tiffany.

 

“Never.” Seunghyun had to repeat once more. “Miyoung, how many times must I say it?”

 

“No feelings for her anymore?” Repeat question from Tiffany. Bad Tiffany.

 

“None.” Seunghyun sighed. “Yah! Aren’t we done with that too? If we talk about these things again, I swear I’m going to make you pregnant even before I walk you down the aisle.”

 

Bad Tiffany.

 

She should ‘borrow’ the title “The Baddest Female” from CL.

Someone needs to show Shin Min Ah who’s the boss.

Someone needs to tell Shin Min Ah who owns Seunghyun.

 

“Fine.. I’m sorry.” Tiffany laughed. She didn’t remove her gaze away from Shin Min Ah. She was sorry that it had to be that way. She hated the fact that she had to resort to that to show her their relationship.

 

“And speaking of which… you never guess what I did.” Seunghyun’s mood changed.

 

“What?”

 

“I bought booties… baby’s booties.” He excitedly told Tiffany.

 

Did the sun rise from the west?

The Bingu at his finest.

Tiffany was confused; she was teary-eyed but was smiling.

For Shin Min Ah, it was her turn to feel to have wanted to die.

Boom Shakalaka.

 

“Oh Tabi…” Tiffany was so overwhelmed.

 

“Seungri was buying clothes online and I was pissing him off while he was doing it when I saw there was baby stuff… I saw it, then I bought them.” He told her. “I’ll give it to you later. They’re cute you’ll see.”

 

“Ok.. I’m excited to see them…” Tiffany got another surprise from Seunghyun. She forgot about Shin Min Ah who was sporting a shocked face.

 

“So if you talk about the gumiho again, I’ll work doubly hard so those booties will be used sooner than later, arasso?”

 

Tiffany laughed, “I love you, Tabi.”

 

“I love you more, Miyoung.” He said sweetly. “I’m actually here right outside your building. Hurry up and finished whatever you’re doing so I can kiss you.. Hurry up, Hurry up, Mommy.”

 

By now, everything is clear with Shin Min Ah already. It should be. Tiffany and Seunghyun’s relationship is way too serious for her to challenge.

 

She saw their rings.

She heard their confession of love towards each other.

And Seunghyun doesn’t want to talk about her anymore.

Tiffany is not one bit scared about her.

Seunghyun bought baby’s booties, for goodness sake.

Boom Shakalaka.

 

Seunghyun and Tiffany hung up just about Shin Min Ah was about to leave. Tiffany was right. They have nothing to talk about after all. Shin Min Ah wanted to think if she would still put up a fight. She was not sure. She’s not even sure if they’re secretly married (they’re wearing wedding bands but Seunghyun had said ‘…before he walks her down the aisle’ – Shin Min Ah was confused) and if Tiffany is pregnant. (‘the booties’).

 

Tiffany stopped her from leaving; guilt had overcome the younger lady, “Unni… wait, I’m sorry. That was too cruel. I’m sorry.”

 

With watery-eyes, Shin Min Ah said, “Let him go Tiffany-ssi, I’m begging. I love him, please.”

 

Tiffany shook her head, “You’re asking me to die, Unni… I’m sorry.”

 

Tiffany knew this conversation would go nowhere. It had to end, she had to end it.

 

“I know it’s been difficult for you. It has been for me too, but for all its worth, I’m fighting for him. Please be well, Unni. Take care.”

Tiffany went past the crying Shin Min Ah and went to her waiting Seunghyun outside the building. She might have felt bad

for her, but no, she won’t give up her man. Not when they have been starting to talk about their future together, not when that future involves little Tiffanies & little Seunghyuns now.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany & Co. Sogong- Dong Chung ku Seoul

 

“I remember you…” The Ajumma sales lady told Seunghyun. “You were that handsome boy who bought the wedding rings alone… What… more than a year ago? The young girls here couldn’t get over you... What brings you here again?”

 

Seunghyun smiled, “I’m here to buy another ring…”

 

Seunghyun remembered Ajumma too. It’s not so hard to remember her since she’s the only senior lady among the staff in the store.

 

“Are you buying a ring for the same girl?” Ajumma’s eyes glistened, waiting for a YES.

 

“Yes, Ajumma.” Seunghyun nodded. “Believe it or not, her name’s Tiffany. Like your store’s name.”

 

“Oh, you’re kidding.” Ajumma exclaimed.

 

“No, I’m not.” Seunghyun replied. “And I’m buying her the right ring this time.”

 

“I bet you are.” She replied, “Have you chosen your ring?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Seunghyun showed a picture of the ring he had seen in their website. It was Round Brilliant With Square-cut Channel-set Band inspired by designs from the Roaring 
’20s, a band 
of channel-set square diamonds characterizes this ring. It is 2.5 karats engagement ring priced a little over $35,000.

 

“Beautiful ring, young man.” Ajumma approved his selected engagement ring. “She must’ve been a special girl.”

 

“Very special.” Winked Seunghyun.

 

This time around, Seunghyun had bought the ring without hesitation. He was determined and more definite than ever. Their relationship had no way to go except there.

 

They were madly in love with each other; they have grew and still growing together. Both Seunghyun and Tiffany learned to accept each other’s flaws, put up with each other’s imperfections and loved each just the same.

 

Seunghyun’s past may not reflect any trace of Tiffany’s influence or vice versa but their future just spoke each other’s names and no one else’s.

 

Belonging on two rivals companies were not a hindrance anymore. They were not even scared of getting caught by paparazzi and media. They would sometimes go out on dates without disguise but a public confession still remains to be done.

 

Not just yet.

 

But Seunghyun thinks after almost 3 years of relationship, he is now ready to take on a new challenge. He is sure about his feelings, and is definitely sure about Tiffany.

 

What is there left to wait for? But he hasn’t done his military training yet.

 

Seunghyun has always been the type to think about things seriously then goes for something that he wants, that he loves.

 

This has gotten the Bingu into thinking. He was ready, no question about that.  But he was weighing things seriously.

 

Then it hit him.

So what if he is ready?

Is he going to get a YES?

 

 

 

Choi Household Saturday Evening Dinner

 

“You should’ve brought Tiffany over.” Seunghyun’s Dad told him. “This is her favorite. I thought she was coming, so I asked your Mom to particularly prepare this.”

 

They were having Japanese Wagyu for dinner. Seunghyun came home to his parents’ house and his sister, Hye Yoon, came too. He invited himself and asked his sister as well. His family expected to see Tiffany as always, but they were disappointed because Seunghyun came alone. At first they thought they fought but Seunghyun wasn’t in a foul mood so that idea was dismissed.

 

“Aigoo… this boy.” His mom said, more disappointedly, “Let me call her.”

 

“No. Don’t.” Seunghyun stopped her. He was about to drink, but he stopped as well.

 

“Are you guys fighting?” Hye Yoon asked, “Yah! You didn’t do something, did you?”

 

“No… of course not.” Seunghyun replied, “I wanted to talk to you alone… I mean, ask permission and blessing actually…”

 

“Ask permission, blessing...?” His dad now had to stop eating too. He was curious why his son was suddenly serious all of a sudden.

 

“Mom, Dad…” Seunghyun began, “Hyun Suk Hyung said we’ll be taking turns in the military already. I’ll go first…”

 

“Oh…” His parents chorused.

 

“But before I do so…” Seunghyun continued. “I’m marrying Tiffany…”

 

“Oh, son.” His mom cried happily, she got up to hug him.

 

“I’m not sure if she wants to marry me though…” Seunghyun faintly smiled while he hug his mom back, “They have this ongoing world tour and she’s just starting as an actress and she also have some work as a solo artist... And I’m… I’m… I’m leaving for the military, it doesn’t really give her enough reason to say yes. It doesn’t do her justice.”

 

“You’re right.” His sister told him. “And you’re being selfish.”

 

His sister was right. At this point in time, this might be the busiest time, and the peak of the peak of Tiffany’s career. Aside from SNSD, Tiffany just released her solo album, which was selling very well, and her singles were topping the charts. She recently starred in a drama (it was her dream to act ever since) and is now shooting a movie opposite Song Joong Ki. Her CFs were too many, endorsements were handful and overseas commitments were just as many.

 

Seunghyun is equally busy with BIGBANG and his solo activities and movies, but he has to stop when he enlists. He almost got into a drama with Tiffany.

 

SM rejected that drama because it involved too many ‘kiss’ scenes with him and Tiffany. Yang Hyun Suk almost told the press they do more than that in their free time to piss Lee Soo Man.

 

Seunghyun stayed silent because what Hye Yoon said was true. Even if Seunghyun proposes, he also leaves for the military. Their mom scolded her.

 

“Whatever you decided Son, we’ll support you.” His dad said. “But don’t feel bad if she says no. You’ve got understand her too. She’s realizing all of her dreams now. Even if she’s willing to throw that away, you’re leaving anyway.”

 

“But couldn’t you wait?” Hye Yoon interjected.

 

“Hye Yoon!” Their mom butts in.

 

Seunghyun didn’t have an answer to that. Couldn’t he wait? What’s another two years for him and Tiffany?

 

But he wants to propose now.

Now.

He wants to marry her now.

If she says yes, he doesn’t care but they’ll rush to the City Hall one minute before it CLOSEs to register their marriage.

 

He doesn’t know what is wrong with him. Maybe it’s his jealous self again that he thinks Tiffany will be free to see others when he goes to the military. He hates himself for thinking like that.

 

But he does want to spend the rest of his life with her; make her his wife.

But, again, couldn’t he wait?

 

“Please give us your blessings.” Seunghyun bowed.

 

“Yes, of course.” His parents both said.

 

“We love her very much, you know that, don’t you?” His mom said. “But remember what your dad said.”

 

“Tabi…” Hye Yoon began to say something, “Don’t be such in a hurry, Tiffany’s isn’t going anywhere and I can see she’s going to wait for you…”

 

“I know Noona, I don’t know… I just want to marry her now…”

 

“Okay, if that’s what you want, fine.” Hye Yoon gave up, “Either she says no or you guys hurry up and give Mom and Dad a grandchild before you go to military!”

 

“Noona!” Seunghyun protested, “Tiffany’s still busy…”

 

“Exactly, my point.” Hye Yoon told him, waving her spoon at him, “Don’t rush it, Tabi. You might just get rejected. And that’s going to be ouch.”

 

After dinner, Seunghyun still was uneasy and unconvinced. After getting the blessing from his parents, he called up his manager and said he’s taking a leave for a few days. He’s going out of the country.

 

His destination?

Diamond Bar, Los Angeles.

 

 

 

 

Diamond Bar Los Angeles, California

 

“Seunghyun!” Tiffany’s Dad was very glad to see him, “What a surprise! You’re alone?

 

He looked for his daughter. She wasn’t there. And Seunghyun was just carrying a small bag. It wasn’t even an overnight bag.

 

“Hi Dad.”

 

The two men hugged. Seunghyun was surprised he was actually able to go their house without any instructions now. He just knows how to now.

 

“Come on in.” Tiffany’s dad ushered him into the living room, “Are you hungry?”

 

“No, I ate during the flight. I’m actually full.” He lied. Truth is, he was too nervous that his stomach was doing somersaults. He couldn’t even drink water.

 

Tiffany’s dad felt nervous too. He stuttered a bit when he talked to Seunghyun. He’s scared to ask why he came.

If he asks if they fought and if he says yes, then it’s a serious fight because he flew from Seoul to Los Angeles just to see him for that. If Seunghyun says no, then it just means…

 

It just means…

 

It just means…

 

“Dad…” Seunghyun who was seated in the sofa nervously began, “I want to marry Tiffany…”

 

Boom. He knew it.

 

Tiffany’s Dad knew it.

 

Seunghyun’s asking for the hand of his little princess.

 

His baby girl, Stephanie.

 

Seunghyun looked at him straight into his eyes when he asked. He saw his sincerity, he knew Seunghyun loved his little girl and he knew he could trust him. Tiffany’s Dad loved Seunghyun like his own son but letting go of his daughter was, is and will never be easy.

 

“Am I going to be a grandpa?” He asked, Tiffany’s Dad entertained the thought that his daughter might be pregnant that’s why Seunghyun is asking for his blessing now.

 

“Oh, no… not yet…” Seunghyun shook his head. “Tiffany doesn’t even know I went here to ask for your blessing.”

 

Brave boy. Mr. Hwang thought, not only will my grandchildren by good looking, they will be persons of character too.

 

“Dad, I’m going to the military by end of the year, I want to marry Tiffany before I enlist.” He confessed, “That is, if she says yes… and if you agree…”

 

“If I don’t?” Mr. Hwang asked.

 

“I’ll probably beg.” Seunghyun honestly replied, he was holding on to the armchair too tight.

 

“If I don’t give in?”

 

“We will elope most likely.” A more honest came reply from Seunghyun.

 

Mr. Hwang laughed. “Make my daughter happy, Seunghyun. Take care of her… To be honest, I’m confident that you will, Son. I am entrusting my little princess to you.”

 

“Thanks, Dad.” Seunghyun breathed a heavy sigh of relief. “I’ll take care of her, I promise. I love her so much.”

 

“Let’s go grab some beer.”

 

A sandwich would be nice. Seunghyun thought. But he couldn’t say it. He can drink all the beer cans Tiffany’s dad will give him. He was thankful enough for his blessing. He left few hours later. The moment he arrived in Seoul, he contacted the person he needed another blessing from:

 

Yang Hyun Suk.

 

 

 

 

YG Building Hapjeong-dong Mapo-gu, Seoul

 

They smoked at least three cigarettes each without talking to each other. It was breezy that Thursday morning and ‘hanging’ out in the YG building rooftop was just perfectly amazing.

 

The silence between Yang Hyun Suk and Seunghyun was actually not tensed.

 

The ‘Hyung’ was the first one to break that silence and smiled. He was not the one to ruin such perfect weather and such perfect friendship.

 

“What it is T-O-P?” the CEO rapped.

 

Seunghyun laughed, “I want T to live with  T-O-P and the B.”

Translation: I want Tiffany to live with me and the be@rbricks. Their inside joke. Seunghyun used it again.

 

“Pabo!” Marry her, just don’t live together.” Hyun Suk hit his head.

 

Seunghyun laughed, “Hyung! That hurts! Yes, I’m marrying her… I just want use that joke on you.”

 

“How did you propose?” Hyun Suk asked like an older brother not as a boss. Coolly.

 

“I haven’t… yet.”

 

“Pabo!” He hit Seunghyun again.

 

“What?!?”

 

“She haven’t said YES?” t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter