The Ashes, The Rain and I

Until The Rivers Run Dry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

...in which his name is everything

Woohyun/Sunggyu

1197 words

dedicated to HiNataLi

It was on a Friday that we met first.

I was a mere eighteen-year-old teenager, bothered by every little thing that just slightly differed from the way I wanted it to be, feeling like having parents was the worst that could have ever happened to me.

I was the troublemaker, the black among the white, the fire in every icy heart. Clubs were more of a home to me than the bleak, dusty room with hidden shadows I had to return to every night. Forbidden fruit was my daily supper. And no one cared; my parents did the least.

I grew to despise everything connected to any form of order, but still you fascinated me when we met for the first time. Little did I know you would destroy everything; the darkness in my mind, the blood in my veins, the ice in my fiery heart.

It was your voice that made my heart stop the first time you talked to me.

“Put that down.” You had said, your hand gesturing to the half-smoked cigarette in between my fingers.

I let my eyes run over you without giving you an answer. At the first blush, you were ordinary, but today I know I thought that just because I was not able to see through you, to see the beauty in you. The beauty that destroyed my life.

You were the order I hated so much, you were the white to my black and the ice to my fire. It should not have been possible for us to even meet. But even such disasters happen.

It was on a Friday that we met first. And all I could tell you back then was to piss off and leave me alone.

It was on a Tuesday that you told me your name.

I was having my third shot, being in the middle of a mindless conversation with the bartender who coincidentally was my father’s friend, but liked me more than my old man and therefore never told him I was out drinking almost every night.

And then I noticed you walked in.

I’ll spare telling everyone how you looked and what kind of clothes you wore, I still remembered you like the rude guy who thought he could go around giving orders and thought the world laid at his feet; no matter how attractive you were, I would not change my opinion on you.

You pretended you didn’t notice me and sat next to me at the bar.

You started to struggle to get words out of your mouth sometime after your second shot. You were trying to talk to no one about how it to be always the good one and how you wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter