Chapter 8

Before The Dawn

Half an hour later, they were out in the dining room with a pot of Kimchi stew in between them. ‘I’ll eat well’ Reinie said before digging in.

‘I’ll eat well’ Yongguk wasted no time and digged in as well. All the cooking had made them hungry.

‘How is it?’ Reinie asked as Yongguk took a sip of the soup.

Yongguk paused to ponder while Reinie nervously waited even though it wasnt her first time to cook. ‘I like it’ he replied with a grin while Reinie could finally relaxed.

Yongguk chuckled at the sight ‘Why would you worry? Besides we cooked it together, I wouldn’t say no to my own cooking’ he chuckled louder.

Reinie narrowed her eyes at him ‘Are you saying if its only me cooking, you would have possibly say no?’

‘Probably’ Yongguk nodded as he took another sip of the stew.

‘Mwoh?! Yah!’ Reinie lightly slapped his arm.

‘Ouch’ Yongguk instantly raised his hand to touch his sore spot. ‘You shouldn’t be so violent to your boyfriend on the first day’ he clucked his arm and shook his head.

‘Right’ Reinie rolled her eyes at him before she retorted back ‘and you shouldn’t start teasing your girlfriend on the first day’

‘Oh well I guess we’re balanced off then’ he shrugged then placed some ingredients on her bowl ‘hurry up and eat before they’re cold.’

‘You too’ Reinie replied and they were once immersed in the food again.

After lunch, Yongguk washed up the plates while Reinie dried it off with towel before heading to the living room. All along, there was only silence among them. Awkwardness caught them out of nowhere. Both of them didn’t know how to react with each other when the realisation of them being in a relationship caught them.

*Damn, what should I say now?* Yongguk thought as he settled down on the couch just like what Reinie did. He glanced over and saw how Reinie bit her lip and looked around the room trying to figure what to do. He chuckled seeing it and realised how silly they were.

*What is he laughing at?* Reinie turned around when she heard his chuckles ‘Whats so funny?’

‘Us’ Yongguk simply replied.

‘Us?’ Reinie asked again, not catching what Yongguk was talking about. ‘Whats so funny about us?’

‘You’re feeling awkward that’s why you’re looking around isn’t it?’ Yongguk asked.

Reinie slowly nodded. ‘Yeah.. but what have that got to do with u-’ she was about to ask when she realised.

‘See?’ Yongguk pointed out. ‘If you’re awkward, then we should do something about it right?’

‘Im not the only one thats awkward, you are too! You sa- yelp!’ Reinie’s eyes widened as Yongguk’s face stopped in front of her.

Yongguk smirked as he looked straight into her surprised eyes ‘Do I still look awkward now?’ he then leaned back and chuckled seeing how Reinie looked away from him, her face flushed red.

‘You shouldn’t joke like that’ Reinie lightly hit his arm, annoyed by how he .

Yongguk let out a laugh again ‘Arasso arasso, I shouldn’t tease my girlfriend too much on the first day right?’ he pinched her cheeks, continue teasing her.

‘Who's your girlfriend? I don’t remember being one’ Reinie slapped his hand away and glared at him, annoyed by his tease.

Yongguk stopped laughing and grin at her ‘Have you forgotten? Should I help you remember then?’ he smirked.

Before Reinie could register anything in her mind, Yongguk pulled her over and placed a peck on her lip ‘You’ he simply said before he leaned back with a smile on his face.

Reinie blinked, caught off by the kiss. Then a blush faintly appeared on her face. ‘Will you stop teasing me for once?’ Reinie lightly slapped his arm again.

Yongguk raised his brow at her ‘Did I?’

‘Whatever you say’ Reinie gave up and was about to move away when Yongguk caught her shoulder and wrapped his arm around ‘Just stay like this huh?’ he asked. Reinie looked into his eyes and nodded. There’s something in Yongguk’s eyes that tell her not to reject him.

Reinie didn’t reply, she just stayed still instead. ‘Why don’t you tell me something?’ Yongguk’s voice was heard as they stared into space.

‘What do you want me to tell you?’ Reinie rest her head on Yongguk’s shoulder, trying to make herself comfortable.

‘Hmm.. I don’t know, when did you learn guitar?’ he asked as he intertwined their hands.

Reinie looked at her guitar by the side of the room and smiled ‘when people start learning how to draw?’

‘You really loved guitar huh?’ he asked.

‘I do’ she whispered 'I love music’ Yongguk didnt even have to doubt that. He could see it all from his eyes, how much adoration the woman in front of him had for music.

Reinie stopped staring her guitar and turned around ‘What about you? When have you started to surf?’

‘Few years back’ Yongguk replied thoughtfully. Reinie didnt ask anything, she waited for him to continue instead.

‘I wasnt sure of what I wanted to do back then. Everyone had what they wanted in mind but I didnt. It wasnt until I went to the beach one day and saw people surfing in the sea. I didnt know why but I felt the thrilled and excitement they had while watching. The feelings got stronger when I first tried it out. I couldn’t stop my blood from pulsing in excitement just at the thought of surfing. It was then I realised surfing is all what I wanted to do.’

Few more questions were thrown as they have gotten more comfortable with each other. Reinie didnt know how, but she fell asleep in the midst. Yongguk realised her quietness and turned to look at her. He smiled at the sight of her sleeping on his shoulder. *Sleep well. You must be tired after all of these today* he moved her fringe aside and placed a light kiss on her forehead.