Chapter 19

Before The Dawn

‘Omma, I can go there myself.’ Reinie turned back and said to her mother. By now, Reinie was already in a wheelchair.

‘No, its just a short distance, I’ll bring you there. Dont worry, I’ll make sure to leave immediately after I bring you over’ Her omma winked.

‘Omma!’ Reinie gave her mother a look and the woman chuckled.

They were chatting along the way when Reinie noticed they weren't going towards the beach. 'Omma, where are we going?' Reinie asked.

'Patience Reinie' Her mother simply replied, not giving away anything.

Reinie frowned. Not matter how she questioned, her mother wouldn't tell her anything. They took an elevator and went up all the way. *Rooftop? Why are we here?* Reinie frowned as she looked around. It was nothing but pitch black of darkness.

Just then, lights filled the place. Lightbulbs were hanging around the railing and there in front of her stood Yongguk with a guitar in hand. 'Omma shall not disturb the two of you. Enjoy' her mother whispered before she left without another word.

*What? How? Why?* There were so many questions in Reinie's mind that she wanted to ask Yongguk but it was all forgotten the moment he strummed the guitar.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-6vT9gCqw

 

I now confess my heart to you

Only heaven knows my heart

At the thought of telling you the truth that I’ve kept so preciously

I feel tears coming out

All the memories pass by me

Today wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t you

The day we first met

I was awkward and young

The times you waited for me just because I told you to trust me

Yongguk confidently sang as he looked into her eyes. He was nervous as hell but he held it all in. He wanted to reply to her confession previously and he wanted Reinie to remember the best of him or else all the days of his hard work learning the guitar would be all gone. Yongguk had been practicing hard for this song ever since Reinie couldn't play the guitar anymore. He promised her he would be her hands. Since she couldn't play the guitar anymore, he would play it for her.

Reinie watched as Yongguk move aside from the center and a video began to play on the wall just like a movie. Reinie could instantly recognize what it was. She could felt her tears clouding her vision as she watched the video. It was all the little pieces of memories they had all these days.

'Give it to me' It was Reinie's faint voice behind Yongguk's deep voice as he continued singing. She remembered that day. They were fighting over a piece of cake at his place. Reinie let out a small chuckle as she watched the video. Now that she looked at it, they seemed so childish and silly back then.

 

At times, I hurt you with my mistakes

But you never once blamed me

And you gave me strength, smiling, it’s okay, it’s okay

Whenever I made you upset by saying I’m busy

You could have blamed me

But you believed in me, saying don’t worry, don’t worry

I selfishly hope that

Your heart will be the same forever

I will try my best everyday for you

Yongguk spotted tears flowing down Reinie's face. He wanted to stop everything and rushed to her but willed himself to finish the song, he couldn't just stopped right here. Her tears, it reminded him of a lot of things. The times when he hurt her with his mistakes, the times when he felt helpless not being able to do anything for her.

Her smile affected him just as much as her tears. Just a smile from Reinie, Yongguk felt like his day was complete. Just a smile from Reinie, Yongguk felt like he could keep on going for her. These days, he had barely slept. He didn't give up on his surfing for guitar nor had he trade up his time of meeting Reinie with surfing and guitar. Instead, he sacrificed his time for sleeping. He had to admit, there were times when he felt it was way too tired for him, but just the thought of Reinie smiling at the end of the day, it kept him going.

'Yongguk? Yongguk?' he heard the sound from the video behind. 'Aigoo.. you fell asleep on me again' he could hear Reinie's chuckles from the video. That wasn't the first time he fell asleep on her when they were spending time together. Time was their enemy yet he was wasting time by falling asleep on her. He felt guilty whenever he think of it. Reinie could have been angry at him for falling asleep on her, for not answering her question as to why he was so tired yet she didn't. Reinie could have blamed him yet she just smiled and forgave him every single time.

Yongguk knew her heart wouldn't change but still, he selfishly hoped her heart would be the same forever. He selfishly hoped time would stop for them so he would never see the day she'll have to leave him. He knew it wasn't impossible but still, he hoped they could last forever.

 

The day we first met

I was awkward and young

The times you waited for me just because I told you to trust me

At times, I hurt you with my mistakes

But you never once blamed me

And you gave me strength, smiling, it’s okay, it’s okay

Whenever I made you upset by saying I’m busy

You could have blamed me

But you believed in me, saying don’t worry, don’t worry

Reinie recalled the multiple times when he fell asleep on her as she watched the video. Now, she could finally understand why he was so tired. At the thought of him learning the guitar just for her made her heart swelled with huge amount of gratefulness and happiness. There was no doubt this man in front of her was a man too great for her. The sacrifices he made for her was something she had never imagined. Looking at him now, dark eye bags, sharp jaw line from the weight lost, her heart hurt at the sight. She was only bringing pain to the man in front of her with the things she made him go through because of her. He could have just leave her yet he never once complained anything and chose to stay by her side.

*Im sorry* she looked at Yongguk who gave her a smile as he continued singing. Reinie couldn't help but tear even harder at his kindness. 

 

All the memories we made

The times we cried and laughed

I’ll remember them even at the moment I die

*I'll remember them even when I die* Reinie told herself as she watched the man in front of her. She would date him again if they were to meet in their next life. If possible, she would even be the one that confessed to him first. For now, she just hoped he could be happy too when she was gone.

*I'll remember even when you leave* Yongguk promised himself as he stared back at her. The woman in front of him, was a great woman, she herself didnt know of. If Reinie thought he was too great for her, he thought he was already in sin for having her. She was the one that taught him how to love. She was the one that taught him he could be a different person just for her and because she was Reinie, she taught him there's nothing better than falling in love with someone in this world.

 

Have I told you before? I love you

There is no other way to say it

I love you I love you

Other than those common words

I say it again “I love you”

My heartfelt confession today

Please never forget it

I love you

Yongguk slowly walked towards Reinie with each sentence. At the last sentence, Yongguk bent down and took her hand 'I love you' he sang as he looked into her eyes. It was from the bottom of his heart. His heartfelt confession that he wanted her to know.

Reinie didn't say anything, instead she leaned forward and wound her arms around his neck while she sobbed even harder. There was nothing better than his heartfelt confession she received. She would give up on anything for it if she had to choose.

Yongguk chuckled and leaned back to look at her. 'Why are you crying? Silly girl' he chuckled again as he wiped away her tears.

'You're the one that made me cry!' Reinie replied with her crack voice that showed how much she had cried and weakly hit Yongguk's arm.

'Aigoo.. I never wanted to make you cry, I do it with the intention of making you smile. I told you didnt I? I'll be your hands from now' he took one of her hand and placed a kiss on it.

'See, thats because you're being sweet like this I cant help but cry' Reinie complained through her tears.

Yongguk chuckled but stopped shortly after as he looked into her eyes 'shall we see the sun rise today?' it hurt his heart to ask this question but he made the promise to her. He would not break it no matter how badly it hurt him at the end of the day.