Chapter 1

Before The Dawn

 

Yongguk flipped on his back but it wasn't long before he flipped back again with his face facing on top. He gave up and sat up on bed. He turned and looked at the clock beside him. It was already 3am in the morning yet he still couldn't fall asleep.

Yongguk stood up from his bed, grabbed his top from the chair and slipped it on. He walked out of the holiday inn and walked out towards the beach, hoping that it would clear his frustration of not being able to sleep and enjoy the peace of the night.

Wind lightly hit his face occasionally; sound of waves hitting the shore could be heard. Yongguk closed his eyes and enjoyed the night while walking along the shore. It was peaceful, totally different from the time during the day where laughters, shouts, noises of people could be heard. 'This is definit-' before he could enjoy more of the peaceful night, a faint guitar sound could be heard followed by a sweet female voice.

Yongguk opened his eyes and looked around for the sound. He followed his instinct and let his foot bring him to the sound. It didn't take him long before he saw a girl under a tree playing the guitar. His foot stopped the moment he saw her face. Just like a star, she shone before his eyes. He couldn't breathe for a second seeing her face as she sang. Every movement of hers seemed so gracefully in his eyes.

Reinie strummed the last time on the guitar before the song ended. A pair of hands clapping can be heard. Reinie turned her head to the right to see a guy standing not far away from her.  Like a sun, his smile so bright. Reinie could felt her heart raced against her chest at the sight.

'You have a great voice' Yongguk's low deep voice sounded in her ear. Reinie looked away when she realized she had unintentionally stared at him a bit too long. Yongguk chuckled at her sight and walked towards her. 'You don't mind if I join you do you?'

Reinie's heart raced faster, he looked more handsome up-close. Warning bell in Reinie's mind rang, she should have said yes yet Reinie replied no instead. She knew she shouldn't yet she already knew she fell in love with him.

Yongguk sat down on the ground beside her. The moment he first laid his eyes on her, he knew she was special. Never had any girl ever made him felt this way before. Heartbeat racing fast, eyes never wanting to leave her, he knew he was in love with her, it was love at first sight.

'Why are you here in the middle of the night?' Yongguk asked curiously.

Reinie placed her guitar aside and looked out towards the sea, 'the night sky is beautiful, the breeze is nice too' she replied simply yet Yongguk couldn't help but find a little bitterness in her voice.

'Why are you out here then?' Reinie threw the question back to him as she looked away from the sea.

Yongguk scratched the back of his neck, 'I couldn't sleep.' he honestly said 'but that doesn't seem bad now' he shrugged while Reinie looked away, hiding the blush that was about to crept onto her face again.

'Do you always come here during the night?'  he curiously asked. Yongguk didn't know he had this side of him too but he couldn't help and found himself wanting to know more about the girl beside him.

Reinie nodded 'Yeah I come here every night with my buddy' she smiled as she looked at the guitar beside her.

'You really love playing the guitar huh?' Yongguk could see her love for the instrument lying beside her.

Reinie nodded and let her fingers run through the strings on the guitar again 'yeah, I love music. That's the only thing I enjoy in my life' Yongguk found himself smiling along with her as he watched the smile on her face.

'What about you?' Reinie asked.

Yongguk looked towards the sea 'I like to surf, I'm a very good one too' he turned around and gave Reinie a playful wink.

Reinie raised her brow 'did you just praise yourself?'

Yongguk chuckled at her suspicion. 'Im just stating the fact. You can come and see tomorrow if you don't believe me. I'll be here in the afternoon' he shrugged.

Reinie's face dropped at the mention of afternoon but before Yongguk could even noticed it, she let out a chuckle and wave her hand 'Its okay, I believe you'

Yongguk raised his brow at her 'Why? Afraid of falling in love with me when you see how I surf?' he teased.

*I already did* Reinie could felt her heart fluttered at his words but keep on a straight face as she asked back 'Are you always this confident about yourself?'

Yongguk tapped his chin, pretending to think about it 'hmm.. I do think that I'm handsome though' he looked at Reina with a goofy grin on his face before the both of them burst out with laughters.

Time passed without them knowing. Reinie saw a glimpse of light and began packing up. *Sun is rising* 'I gotta go. Nice meeting you' with that said, Reinie picked her guitar and started running.

Yongguk stood up in his place, 'Hey, wait!' he wanted to stop Reinie but he realised he had been so immersed in their conversation, he had totally forgotten to ask about her name. 'Hey!' Yongguk called out again but Reinie was already running out of his sight.

Yongguk wanted to chase after her but decided against that ‘I still didn’t know your name yet..’ Yongguk whispered to himself, looking towards the way Reinie had left. He looked out towards the sea, the sun was already rising. His simple walk at the beach turned out to be something more than that. ‘I guess I’ll just come here again tonight, hopefully she’ll be here’ with that said, Yongguk walked back towards the holiday inn. He will definitely be back for her tonight.