chapter 8

don't ever say good bye

 

Yul and Jessica sit facing each other while drink a cup of coffe. They’ve  been separated for a year. They always smile but in their eyes, their sorrow shows..

 

“then… how’s your life, Sica?” he starts the conversation.

 

“nothing’s different, but one thing. What about yours?”

 

“I’m happy.” He said like he is, but his eyes can’t lie. And Jessica notice that.

 

“Yul.. I want ask you something.”

 

“what is that?”

 

“If I tell you something about what happened with my life after you left me that day, will you be mine?”

 

*uhhhuukk!* *chough* Yul’s shocked with her question.

 

“w-what are y-you talking about?”

 

“hahaha.. I’m just kidding, Yul. why you so serious? It’s so cute seeing you surprised.” She smiling cutely.

 

“w-woaahh.. y-you make me shiver, Sica.hahahaha..” he laughing awkwardly.

 

“so Yul, how’s Yoong and Tiffany?”

Yul feels awkward with this situation, but he’s trying to be cool. He makes sure to talk with her without hurting her heart, so he said carefully on his words.

 

“Yoong now is in his 3rd grade, he’s so smart but still weaks at sports. Then… Tiffany is good.”

 

“oh, I bet Yoong is more like Tiffany than you.haha.. Tiffany is smart girl.”

 

“so do you mean that I’m stupid?” Yul pouted.

 

“hahaha.. I’m not the one who said that, it’s your own conclusion.” They laughing together, but her face turns to dark when Yul ask her something.

 

“so, what about you? How’s your husband?” her smile is gone when he asking about Taeyeon. then make him panics.

 

“w-what’s wrong? Are you two not okay?” he feels regret what he said to her.

 

“we are okay Yul, you just worried too much.”

 Then she smile like forcely and Yul notice that she’s hiding something. But he won’t ask her to respect her.

 

“then it’s good.” He’s trying to smile too.

 

*silent for a while*

 

“hmm.. it’s been late, I have something to do. maybe we can talking and sharing again later, I’ve gotta go now, Yul. goodbye.” She’s about going to leave,but.

 

“ Jessica,” she stop, then turns around and face him

 

“hmm?” she raised her eyebrows

 

“don’t  ever say goodbye.” He said while smiling to her.

 

“I know. See you then.” She give him a smile too then leave.

 

…………..

 

After the meeting with Yul, Jessica cried so hard on her way to back home. She tried not to cry in front of him, but now she can’t hold it anymore.

 

“ I can’t forget you Yul, and I’ll never. If you know that I divorce Taeyeon, I’m afraid that’ll make Tiffany and Yoong suffer. Please tell me now, what should I do? will I always be pretending? But how long I can stay like this? *sobs*. She mumbles

 

Flashback

 

Soon after she met Yul, Jessica went to Taeyeon’s office. She wanted to meet Taeyeon and ask him to divorce. Yes, she has decided to divorce since she knew that she doesn’t love Taeyeon. Jessica won’t make him more suffer with this untruth, she want release him and Yul. that’s her final decision to end this mess. When she’s about knocking Taeyeon’s office, she heard Taeyeon’s talking with someone else. She frozen on her spot and seeing they talking at the back door.

 

“what did you say? You’re pregnant? My child? That’s impossible!”

 

“I don’t know, I thought that we used protection but it’s broken.”

 

“haiiissh!! How could this happened? what can I explain it to Jessica?! Arrrhhhhggg! Damn!” He ruffled his hair frustratedly.

 

“just abort this baby, then I’ll leave you and I won’t ask your responsibility but you should stand by me at that time.i’m afraid.” She said while starts to cry.

 

“NO! don’t abort the baby! She/he’s not made a mistake and innocent!”

Suddenly Jessica cut off their conversation after hearing their plan to abort the baby.

 

“je-jessica?” Taeyeon shocks and looks pale when Jessica caught him.

 

“Taeyeon, actually I ‘m here cause I want to talk to you. But since this is happening, now no need to pu it of. I want us to divorce. And don’t abort the baby.”

 Jessica said clearly while facing taeyeon then glance at the woman once. Taeyeon and the woman surprised hearing Jessica’s statement.

 

“w-what did you say? Are you kidding? It’s not funny, honey.” He’s shivering and still not believe what she said.

 

“no Taeyeon, I’m serious.”

 

“but I can explain it, we can solve it. But don’t ask me to divorce. I was wrong to slept with her, that’s a mistake and I regret it, I won’t do that again, jess. please..” He’s crying so hard while get down on his knees begging her.

 

“ Taeyeon, listen. First, I’m sorry that I made you suffer. I can’t served you well as your wife, I can’t give you a child, Sorry I can’t give you my heart. *sobs* it’s all my fault, I’ll never mad at you and blame you. Second and the last, it’s not because I know you make her pregnant but it’s my final decision, I’ve gotta set you free. I can’t hurt you any longer. *sobs*”

Then Jessica leaves him with the woman and run away out of the office while crying.

 

“Jessica..”he’s crying on his knees. Then the pregnant woman pat his shoulder and comfort him.

 

After Taeyeon and Jessica divorced, Jessica lives with Mr. Kim since she has no one. Mr Kim decided to take her as his daughter even though she divorced with his son. He loves her like she’s his own daughter.

 

~flashback end~

 

 

Jessica still crying on her way to home. Then her phone’s ringing.

 

“hallo? Jessica my sweetie? Where are you? I’m waiting for you, dear.”

 

“*sobs* sorry dad, I’m on my way now to the restaurant, you can have a dinner first, I can’t join you, dad. But soon I’ll be home.”

 

“oh okey, dear. Just becareful. Bye, honey..”

 

“bye dad.”

 

Then she hang up the phone and goes on her way to home.

 

 

~Kwon’s house~

 

Yul is sitting on Tiffany’s lap while they enjoying their moment.

 

“Yul, should we give Yoong a sibling?”

He shock but then answer her question.

 

“hmm.. I think it’s not the right time since you still busy with your magazine company. Yoong still needs our attentions cause we treat him so bad since we always fight. We can wait until Yoong’s in 4/5 grade then ready to share his parents love.”

 

“well, okay I know.” She pouted.

 

“hahhaha.. but we still can’t do ‘it’ with protection.” He smirk prevetly.

 

“yah! Prevet!” she punch his chest and he groan in pain. They laughing.

 

“daddy!!! I want ramyun and ice cream, can you buy it for me?” their son ruin their sweet moment and begging for something.

 

“haish, Yoong! it’s 10 p.m. can you put it of till tomorrow?”

 

“NO! I want it NOW daddy!” he’s crying so hard.

 

“just obey his order,Yul or he won’t stop crying.”

 

“haissh! Okay okay! You’re just like your mother, so spoiled.” He mumbles and Tiffany just glare at him. then he goes out to buy his son’s orders.

 

 

…………

Yul is looking for ramyun restaurant. When he comes to the restaurant, he saw Jessica sitting alone at the corner of the restaurant spacing out and alone. Then he stop on his steps and lean toward her spot.

 

“hey, what are you doing here? Ramyun? Did you eat that?” he sit in front of her make her surprised and wake from her revery.

 

“Yul? huh? What do you mean? Is it wrong for me to eat that kind of foods?”

 

“hahaha.. I thought that the rich people doesn’t eat this kind of foods.”

She offended with his word then pouting.

 

“well now you can see me do that. I eat ramyun, and I love it. Are satisfyied?”

 

“woaahh.. chil out, Sica. I’m kidding.kekeke.”

 

“yayayaya… I know.”

 

*silent*

 

“can you see? Fate is playing with us again. I don’t even expect to meet you twice this day, but we do.”

 

“hmm?what are you trying to say?”.

 

“I can’t forget you Sica, even since the day you went away.” he said seriously.

 

“can we change this topic? Can we talk about another one?” she’s trying to ignore him.

 

“sorry Sica, but I’m dying. I'm just being selfish since it’s about you, I want you but I can’t do anything. I’m useless, I can’t make my own decision and just hurting anyone.” he said sadly and desperate.

 

“I’ve gotta go, my fath- I mean Taeyeon is waiting for me. bye, Yul.”

When she’s about leaving, Yul chase her and holds her hand to stop her.

 

“can you wait me a little bit more? I will talk to Tiffany then I’ll choose you. maybe you’re wondering why my heart is so disguised? I  just can’t live a lie anymore, Sica. I love you so much.” He’s begging.

 

Jessica ignore to face him and try to hold her tears running from her eyes.

 

“don’t ever do that stupid thing! Don’t you care about her feeling? At least considering about Yoong. I’ve let you go, now I’m starting to love Taeyeon and give him a chance. We were over a long time ago, let me go Yul.” she lies then push away his hand but he grab her hand and hug her thight.

 

“you are not a good liar. I can see the pain in your eyes. I’ll hurt Tiffany more again if I’m not telling her thr trurth. Everything what will happened, Yoong is still my son. So nothing’s different but Tiffany, I just can’t lie to love her like I love you. let me be a selfish for this time, better than pretending.” He hug her more thightly.

 

She can’t push him away since he’s stronger than her. She just let him hug her for a while, cause deep in her heart she miss this moment.

 

............

 

“where is daddy, mom? Why are he took so a long times to buy ramyun?”

 

“wait Yoong, we’re almost there.”

Yoong and Tiffany go after Yul since he’s not coming in hours. Yoong’s whining and begging to his mother to follow his father to the restaurant. When they are about arriving near to the restaurant, Tiffany saw two people hugging on the edge of the street. But her eyes widened and shock when she recognize that two people. She wants to cry.

 

“mom, is he daddy? What’s he doing there? DADDY!!? We are here! DADDY??!”

 

Yul and Sica release their hugging and seek where the voice’s comes from. Then they shocks after seeing a woman with a boy caught them on the scene.

 

“T-tifany?” Yul shivering while Jessica frozing on her spot.

 

“you thought wrong. he’s not your daddy,Yoong. let’s just back home.” Tiffany grabs her son to leave them while shed a tears.

 

“Tiffany?? I can explain it!” Yul shout and calling her name, but she ignore him then she’s running away.

 

“I’ve told you before but you’re so stubborn! Now it’s happening! *sobs*” she cried so hard while puncing his chest then he hug her.

 

“sshhhh.. don’t cry. This is not your fault, it’s my time to make a decision and end it all. Just wait for me and believe.”

 

“will we ever have a happy ending since we hurting everyone to be together?”

 

“we will. It seems like hurting everyone on the first, but soon no one will be hurt again. I promised.”

 

 

 

~to be continue~