Chapter 6

Snatched

     "Taemin~" called a barely audible whisper. I stirred, too deep into sleep to coherently respond. I lazily hummed in reply, hardly acknowledging whoever was speaking to me. I took note of the warmth of the voice. It was soft. And it didn't belong to Jonghyun.
     My mind was clouded with sleep, exhausted, I had soon passed out after everything that had happened the night before. I already knew. I needed to get up. I needed to keep my guard up. But in that moment i felt exceptionally comfortable where I lay.
     I curled myself against whoever sat beside be, unaware and having every intention to fall back asleep. I was suddenly wide awake at the feel of someone's hand sneaking its way up my thigh. With a yelp, I bolted upright, shrinking away from the intruder's touch. Focusing my eyes in the dark, I realized who I was looking at.
     
     "M-Minho..." 

    He simply chuckled, feigning offense. I cautiously eyed him, monitoring his movement. Immediately I began inching away, all until I was teetering off of the edge of the bed.
     " You don't look very happy to see me Taemin." He said, frowning at the distance I had put between us. I remained silent. He looked back up at me and smiled. A fake reassurance painted on his face. " Don't be like that... Come here." He sang, motioning for me to come with his hand. I shook my head lightly, causing his smug smile to falter momentarily. 
     " Taemin." He said, " I don't want to be the mean one." It was obvious that he had been having trouble sustaining the smile he plastered on his lips. " I can be nicer than that prick Jonghyun." He said, slowly inching towards me. I whimpered quietly, unable to scoot any farther away. Minho sighed in frustration at my persistence. He locked eyes with mine, jaw tightened. 
    
     " Come here. Now." He spoke slowly. putting subtle emphasis on each word. Fear settled in the pit of my stomach, and without my consent, by body Made its way towards Minho. Immediately his unsettling smile returned.
     " Good boy..." He cooed, extending a hand out to me. " That wasn't so hard, now was it?" He added. I dared to open my mouth to speak, but no words left my lips. In my moment of distraction, Minho had hovered his hand over my wrist and I felt myself being yanked across the distance left between us. Suddenly I found myself trapped in Minho's iron grip, both arms wrapped securely around my frame. I cringed at our proximity, faces a mere inch apart.

     " Why not be mine?" He offered, letting his hands ghost along my sides. I flinched, wanting to regain our distance. When I refused to respond, Minho chuckled. " No one would be allowed to touch you." He sighed, one hand making its way up my t-shirt. I shook my head in panic, unable to push him away.

     Stop touching me...

    " I'd have such fun with you." He whispered, pushing me back so that he hovered above me. I was scared. A different scared from the night before. This wasn't Jonghyun. Why did it matter? The fear in me made me feel helpless. I didn't want him to touch me. 
    
    " Shall I show you?" He whispered darkly, causing me to shiver. I took a breath to scream, but before it was released, Minho wrapped a hand securely around my throat, the other covering my mouth. 
     " This won't hurt if you're submissive." He warned, voice thick with malice. I continued to struggle, realizing long before Minho was stronger than I was. Tears slid down my cheeks as I struggled to breathe. 

     Please...

   Gradually I ceased my struggling. Letting my body relax so that I could get in a good breath. I knew I was being extremely reckless, but as I connected my gaze with Minho's, I mercilessly bit down on whatever flesh my teeth could find. 
     Air rushed into my lungs as Minho released me. Hissing in pain, he cradled his hand against his chest and I made no hesitation as I took in one last lungful of air, desperately preparing to call for the first person who came to mind.

     " JONGHYUN!" Ripped through my chest, just when I took another breath to scream again, a hard hand met my cheek. 
     " ." He muttered, releasing me altogether so that I could quickly scurry away, huddling myself into a ball. Just then a large slam filled the room. " I was having fun." He said, a brief silence hung in the air, soon followed by screams and furious cursing. I refused to lift my gaze. Small sobs rattled my frame, and I flinched when I felt a hand grab my shoulder, hoisting me up. I Began to push away in panic.

     " Hey." I heard a familiar voice say. Jonghyun yanked me upward in order to look directly at him.
     " It's me."

     I gazed at him for a long while, grateful. My mind worked a hundred miles a second and i struggled to voice any of the many thoughts that swirled around in my head.
     " Thank...You." I whispered. An empty gesture to which he scoffed and gripped my chin, analyzing my face, particularly the red mark along my cheek. 
     " Don't think I did it for you." He retorted, inching his face towards mine. " I've decided." He stated.

     Confusion was all I could express. I watched and waited for any explanation. Seeing my unsure response he sighed.

     " You're mine." He growled. 

   At that my eyes widened. Jonghyun released me, tossing me aside and backing away. I had been in too much shock to quite acknowledge his actions.
    " What do you m- but you said..." I began to try and form a coherent question.
     " Well now I'm saying something different." He said, voice rising. He audibly ground his teeth. " So don't let anyone else touch you so easily." I remained silent, deciding it was best to keep my thoughts to myself.
     Jonghyun's expression shifted then, and he gestured towards my throat. It was sore, and there, undoubtedly, was a large red mark the shape of a hand. 
     " Especially that guy." He said, scooting closer to me, not threatening in the least. 
     " Not Minho." He finished.

     Instinctively I shuddered at the mention of his name. Not going unnoticed to Jonghyun. Carefully, as careful as I'd ever seen him, Jonghyun extended a hand, watching for my reaction as he lightly placed it on my throat. My first reaction was to jerk away, however, I realized he meant no harm. Seating himself now directly beside me, Jonghyun allowed his fingers to ghost over the red marks Minho left behind, causing me to shiver involuntarily. Lightly grabbing Jonghyun's wrist, I looked away and gently tugged at his hand. His touch lingering along my skin.

     " It's pitiful." I muttered, immediately a look of genuine bewilderment flashed across his features.
     " But we- He did this. Wasn't it out of your control. You had no part in it, how is it pitiful?" He sighed in frustration when I simply shrugged, now avoiding any and all eye contact. 
     In that moment, all of Jonghyun's cautiousness disappeared, and I found myself being shoved back. Clenching my eyes shut, I waited for the attack that never came. 
     " Just go to sleep." I heard him utter. Slowly I opened my eyes, discovering that Jonghyun had moved away from me and now stood at the doors entrance. " I'll lock the door, He can't get in again. " he said, a bit softer. " Just sleep for now." He finished softly, his voice carrying a hint of something i mistook as... sadness? slamming the door shut behind him he left me in the dark.

     My eyes remained stuck on where Jonghyun had stood and Slowly tears that I hadn't realized were there overflowed down onto my cheeks. Why in that single moment did he seem to care?
    
     Laying my head back, I cried harder. Not out of sadness or fear.
  
     I cried because of the strange sense of relief that had washed over me. 
     

____________________

a/n

i updated a lot later than I thought I would. For any of those who need the clear up. By " you're mine" Jonghyun is basically saying he's not gonna sell taemin. So yay. Also Jonghyun..

DONT PRETEND WE DIDN'T NOTICE THAT BRIEF TENDER SIDE OF YOU. Haha but hey I'm just happy I finally got this update out. Just bummed it wasn't as clean and well written as I wanted it to be. Ah well, I try. Hope you all enjoy it ^^. Btw anyone else excited for EXO's comeback???

till next time...

안녕