Chapter 11

Snatched

          "For the last time Hyung, I don't know!" Yelled an obviously agitated Key. 

 Soon after his abrupt appearance and urgent message, Jonghyun and myself were dragged out of the building and towards the complex's parking garage. It was amazing how swiftly all had forgotten any effort to either shield my eyes or simply tie me up. I walked freely as though i were . That thought was ripped away when Jonghyun gripped my wrist seconds into being out in the open, the realization most likely lagging to catch up to him. My eyes drifted up to meet his intense gaze, and i nearly froze if not for the rough guidance of his hold.

  His eyes shot silent warnings, something i hadn't been expecting, and it only made the burning curiosity as to who this 'Onew' was boil over. Still, i bit my tongue, i couldn't say a word, i couldn't ask even the smallest of questions. I wouldn't pry, the situation seemed too serious for that. Even without his gaze i knew full and well that i was expected to move along with their lead. I had to remember i wasn't a friend, i was a prisoner. And if i had to assume, this whole issue was probably centered somewhere around me. 

          As we reached a black, sleek car, of which the model was unidentifiable to me, Jonghyun pushed me ahead and gestured for the back passenger door which i opened only to be pushed in rather roughly. I whimpered, head bumping harshly against the back of the seat before the door was closed, Jonghyun appearing on the other side before slipping in beside me in haste.

     "Ow..." I mumbled under my breath, taking a few seconds to rub my hand along the sore spot located on the back of my head. I couldn't help but flinch however when light, gentle fingers pushed through my locks and tenderly rubbed along the area in attempts to ease my discomfort.  My head turned slightly only to lay my sights on Jonghyun who's eyebrows were furrowed, small wrinkles of worry forming in the space between them. I rose my hand gently to tug at his wrist despite the calming effect it had on every part of my body. "I'm fine..." I whispered, earning a soft nod from the other before he faced forward, the car having been set into drive and pulling out from the lot. 

        "Yesung. Kibum. Keep Taemin in the car, i shouldn't be long." The male to my left ordered simply, My eyes rising to see Yesung who was the driver of the vehicle scoff.

       "Great. I'm a baby sitter now?" He retorted, a growl coming from the male beside me. Key said nothing, whacking the other against the back of the head and turning in his seat, eyeing both Jonghyun then I. He shook his head with a slightly apprehensive frown.

     "No...He..He said he wanted to see both of you. About Taemin." He said, my eyes widening the instant my mind understand what he meant. Jonghyun grunted by my side but i didn't look over, instead looking down to my lap.

  

     Had Jonghyun been reported of his possessives. Would this Onew discuss my retail. Had someone already bought-  wait but he promised-

      I was scared

 

    "Taemin." 

    I jumped when the low, calming voice of my captor breathed by my ear. Sensing my anxiety, Jonghyun had leaned over and placed a hand against the back of my neck, thumb the skin gently. I swallowed thickly, turning my head a fraction to look at him for a few seconds, seeing his gaze hold such intensity. " Nothing's going to happen...Alright? " He reassured, earning a meek nod in return, hands fidgeting nervously in my seat whilst lowering my gaze, hair falling. Why was this all so stressful...? Why did i feel such odd trust with this male. I was suffering from the worst case of Stockholm syndrome i'd seen in a long time. "Just say nothing unless spoken to. Do you understand?" 

     Another meek nod followed his warning before i took in a lungful of air and held it a few moments, allowing it to calm my eratic and nervous heart. his hand didn't remove its gentle placement against the nape of my neck and for whatever reason it heped with calming me down. Slowly i settled back as the drive ensued, seemingly lasting hours though in reality only minutes had surely passed.  It gave me the time to think. To digest all fo what was potentially able to happen. 

     "um..." I began, a soft test to see if it was acceptable for me to speak. A hum in return gave me the O.K. "Is..Is Onew the leader?" I questioned, wary of saying the wrong thing. It seemed Jonghyun was fairly hot and cold, quick to swing and yet quick to show remorse all at once, like a child who wasn't sure what to feel. There was a short, indecisive pause within the car. Lifting my eyes, it was apparent through the rear view mirror yesung's look of discomfort was hard to hide. My attention though was diverted as Johyun released a huff of air. 

    "Somewhat." Was all he answered with, and knowing common sense i held no intention of prying, nodding in mild understanding and leaving the topic alone. As Yesung drove, Key scrolled through the cell phone in his hands, hand resting against the door and cheek pushed into his palm. Occasionally he'd sigh, shaking his head from what i could see before eventually passing the phone in order to display something i could no see to the driver. Another moment of silence passed before Key glanced back. 

     "Minho reported you." He said simply, and immediately the soothing of my captor's thumb stilled, hand tensing a bit before fallng from my neck completely. 

     "Of course."

      "He's such a sore loser..." Key added, Yesung scoffing lightly under his breath. Jonghyun said nothing more, and leaning back into his seat properly i was left to myself, not that i minded.

 

     Twenty minutes or so seemed to have passed before slowly i had come to realize we had left the suburban area of where we had once stayed, and in its place the city. Tall buildings, the life of the rich and prosperous type of area. I, myself had never ventured into this part of town, and of course my eyes wandered outside of the tinted window. I could see out, but no one, in. With my sense of awe crept in fear. Who was this leader who seemed to be located in such a popular area? Could we have simply been passing through. No... 

    Our journey took us into yet another parking garage, though now attached to the high, towering building of what i could only imagine was some cooperation by the looks of it. Though i wondered if something so professional could be so sketchy. That someone working somewhere in such a building was involved in such corrupt work. Then again, most of the high powers' were corrupt. I remained relatively silent as we made out way, or rather were escorted by two large men up to a floor i hadnt spent time focusing on. I couldnt. The mere atmosphere of those around me, the looks recieved or the way jonghyun rushed me along made me lower my head in what i could only describe as shame. The elvator ride alone was agonizingly quiet, the sensation of all three mens' eyes on me alone, hushed whispered shared between Key and Yesung about who knows what.

    Walking down a long, empty hallway i began to notice the two lag behind, and glancing back Jonghyun tugged at my wrist, averting my attention.

    "They're going to stay out of it. " He explained, and soon i remembered Minho had been the one to report him, so was he there...? Was he in the office? Would Onew demand Jonghyun share? My feet began to grow heavy and soon i tugged back against Jonghyun, who looked back at me in both frustration and worry. "What?"

     "I don't want to be Minho's" I said softly, so numb to my own objectification that it no longer phased me. I couldn't look at him, heart beating anxious in my chest. What was to be said or done...there were so many possibilities and none seemed favorable. "I don't want that to be decided..." I breathed, shaking my head and glancing back at the other two males who looked at me in confusion. 

     "It wont. Stop worrying, it isn't that big of a deal." He sighed, shaking his head. Somehow his words weren't convincing, and by the way he sighed while tugging me along made me think he knew this. Before i could reply, knuckles rapped against the mahogany door, a deep sound which permeated the space of the otherwise quiet hallway. 

  A brief moment of silence.

     "Come in." Called a smooth voice. Jonghyun glanced at me once more before opening the door and guiding me inside. 

   The room was fairly beautiful. Modern in a sense and yet it had it's own charm. The walls were an elegant dusty grey, old fashioned graphic rug accenting the wooden floor and giving the room color. Across from the door, floor to ceiling windows brought in natural light, the walls on either side arrayed with what seemed to be built in book shelfs, littered in undoubtedly dozens of literary phenomenon. My eyes roamed for a few lingering seconds, not catching the male sitting, legs crossed at the desk facing away from the windows. two sofas were aligned a few feet from the door, seperated by a coffee table made entirely of glass. A seating area. 

     "Jonghyun." Said the stranger, believing my eyes had been deceiving me when the male at my side bowed. Of course i instinctively followed, figuring it were only polite before being gestured towards one of the sofas. I looked to Jonghyun for reassurance on reflex. "It's quite alright, sit." Said the leader, breaking my gaze before i decided to do as suggested, moving with Jonghyun in order to settle. This hadn't been what i expected, A man with such kind eyes, soft features and an aura which radiated warmth. This had to be some mistake. But as Onew eyed the both of his his gaze fell on Joghyun, and here i saw it. The malice.

     "You've hurt one of my men Jonghyun." He sighed, almost sing songy in a way, Sitting surprisingly straight, the other nodded, clearing his throat and looking up directly into his eyes. I remained silent, following his instruction of doing so until spoke to.

     "He deserved it."

   Onew chuckled, raising a brow in amusement before leaning forward onto the wooden desk, chin resting in his palm. "And why is that?" 

     "He touched my things." 

    Again, another soft snicker before eyes met mine, and of course i ducked away. "Your things?" He asked, eyes boring holes into my person.

     "Yes. My things." He emphasized now, earning a soft nod and hum from his superior. 

    "I see, and your name?" He asked, causing my heart to jump and eyes to search in Jonghyun's face for the permission to speak. However he didn't meet my gaze. "No need to ask permission. Speak. He cant tell you no." The male explained, causing me to swallow thickly before finding my voice. It was nostalgic to my very first day.

     "Taemin...Lee Taemin." 

    Realization struck him. "Ah You." He said, a wide grin pulling at his lips. He suddenly stood, slowly moving from around his desk in order to make his way towards me. I shrunk back into the cushion behind me, looking down and fearing what he was intending on doing. But instead of approaching me he sat across from the two of us, leaning forward and bit and now openly observing me. 

     "So Jonghyun, Whats seems to be the problem?" He asked, occupied with making me extremely uncomfortable under his stare. Hadnt he summoned us?

     "As i said. Minho. " He said, Jonghyun's tone thick. He was becoming impatient, i'd heard it time and time again by now, when the middle of his brow would furrow into a soft 'v' and his jaw would clench. 

     "And? You've never had any problems sharing before, " Onew tone held something, suspicion. Something he knew that i, being me, did not. When it came to most thing lately my density was a blessing and a curse. Jonghyun shook his head. 

     "No. Not this one." He explained, and that caught his attention. Onew leaned back where he sat and hummed, smirking to himself and tilting his head. 

     "That's not how it works-." 

    "Thats how it is." Jonghyun's impatience was beginning to show, loudly. I looked to the other, noting the tenseness of his muscles, jaw clenched while at his sides his hands fought to possess me. Onew looked to me and finally i met his eyes in long contact, questioning in his eyes before he stodd once more, intent now in his eyes as he inched closer towards me, around the coffee table before directly in front of me, less than a foot away. Looming above me with a hum. "Stand." He ordered.

     I couldn't disobey, doing as told almost instantly and keeping my eyes down. Slowly his hand rose, causing me to lean away, not so much disgusted with the thought but afraid. Jonghyun may get angry. As fingers met with the soothness of my cheek, i breathed out a sigh. I could feel it, Jonghyuns growing anger with what he knew his leader was attempting to do. Arise a reaction. Onew was testing him. Because he knew. 

     "You'll sell quite well. soft, innocent." The male said absently, admiring my features and glancing down at Jonghyun. "A ." He added, causing what sounded like Jonghyun shifting in his seat. My discomfort grew as his touch lowered to my throat, but before i could plead for him to stop, Jonghyun let out a growl before standing, hand shooting out to grip tightly at his wrist and pull it from my skin. 

     "Enough." He said, Onew taken aback by the small act of defiance. "He wont." He said, and just then i felt my entire body being pushed behind him. He screamed possessiveness, and why i didnt know, but Onew seemed to.

     "Jonghyun, We make profit off of these boys. Aren't you aware?" He said,tilting his head and gently brushing the cuff of his sleeve. "I dont believe you understand this. "  There was a moment of silence before he scoffed, kind behavior slowly fading. "Shall i teach you again?" He questioned, the male guarding me suddenly going rigid until slowly, ever so carefully he relaxed, moving from in front of me in order to sit me down, following suit.

     "I'm aware-"

      "Then you should know you cannot just claim them." He snapped, jumping at the volume and inching away once more, sitting as far back as the couch would allow. There was a long pause. And briefly jonghyun glanced at me with a look of diliberation, eyes roaming my features before he looked away, still facing me but seeming to come to some conclusion. His face became a pure look of determination before he turned back to the elder of the two.

     "Then take it out of my pay." He said, and initally i had little idea as to what he was referring to. Onew for once seemed genuinely shocked, hesitating before speaking next. 

    "What are you implying..? He questioned, Jonghyun stood, dusting the seat of his pants and leaning down to grip at my forearm, lifting me up with what seemed to be the intention to leave.

     "I'll buy him. That should solve the problem right? I have the money. I don't really care how much it is, i'll pay it off eventually with my salary." The look on Onew's face was ill-fitting, so lost, surprised and completely caught off guard. He opened his mouth to retort before Jonghyun hummed. "You've never prohibited it. It won't get in the way of my work. I'll do whatever paperwork is needed." 

    "Jonghyun.." I began, shaking my head. This was...not right. 

   "That's how it is." He repeated, turning on his heal and escorting me out, by feet dragging as i glanced back at the look of disbelief on his leader's eyes. He couldnt argue for Jonghyun was right. But it didnt settle with me. As we exited the office i looked back to the male, a weight visibly released from his load before lokoing down to me, Eyes searching my face. 

     "Are you alright...?" He asked gently, but before he could check i moved away a full step. 

      "Why did you do that...?" I mumbled, eyes wide and upset. He looked confused before shaking his head. 

    "Who are you to complain? It's what you wanted right? No one can touch you, " He said, my reluctance beginning to annoy him. I shook my head, and this caused him to express anger. " Yah, Hell's frozen over by now, i've gone so far out of my way for you. Show gratitude. You aren't allowed the freedom to dislike my decisions anymore." He snapped, reminding me of my status and causing my mouth which had opened in reply to close. He had gone out of his way simply to grant me a favor when despite what the outcome was i was still a prisoner. Granted Minho was apparently forbidden from pursuing me, but still it left guilt on my shoulders, guilt i didn't want.  Still i didn't argue and instead we began the tedious journey out of the building, Yesung and Key no where in sight and most likely down in the car by what Jonghyun had guessed. 

     The more we walked, the more i thought about it, the look Onew gave and eventually i couldn't keep quiet. "Will..,you get in trouble?" I wondered softly, earning a shrug. 

     "Doesn't matter. What im doing isnt prohibited. To him, money is money." He scoffed, i bit my lip, glancing down at the hand which held onto my arm. To go out of his way simply to appease my request, to extinguish my fears. He wasnt all anger and cold-heartedness. 

     "Thanks you..." I finally uttered, but he didn't turn, a moment of silence following the sign of appreciation before he exhaled.

       "Yeah yeah."

   So stubborn.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N Dear jeez...

i know...it's been a long time..

 

i've lost some subs, not that i necessarily am crushed by it, i know it's my own fault.

 I've been in and out of the hospital due to health i wont divulge in. But know im okay now ^^, its just really stressful, my senior year taking up a lot of my time. i took the recent comments on my story as a reality check i should work harder...

but someone who constantly nags for me to upload  isnt wanted anyway. I love those of you who encourage me and offer me kind words of praise. It's srtessful being ordered to update on someone else's time and feeling lke youre a let down, so please refrain from asking when im going to update because i dont know half the time...things come up, im not in the best of health, There are better stories than mine, i know. But i respect the decision of course. This chapter is sort of....idk, its very late though, so i should go to bed huh?

i hope you enjoy...><