Chapter 8

Snatched

    So i know this is pretty short, i really just wanted to get something out there, i finally got a laptop so this will be a lot easier to update, yayyyyyyyyy

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 " Eat." Jonghyun's stern voice ordered. Before me sat a plate of food and looking up at him i was rendered without words, diliberating whether to thank him or apologize. I swivelled slightly in my chair and look down, picking up a spoon and biting my lip, Contemplating the chances of such food being laced with poison. Sensing my hesitation, he released a small growl. " Eat Taemin." He repeated, to which i bowed my head low and silently began eating what i had distinguished as some form of soup. My eyes were casted down at the cold granite counter top, mentally tracing the swirls embedded in its surface silently. I tried to ignore the glare that was no doubt boring its way into by head, and with a timid clearing of my throat, he took a diliberate step back and grumbled something incoharent.

     It was nerve-wracking and yet interesting, spending time alone with my captor. I was curious as to why i was here, despite his previous answer. There had to be a better reason other than intimacy. He hadnt touched me since...Well since before, and even now there was no real form of abuse or intent to hurt me. Beneath the harsh tone and cruel way of saying things, Not once have i felt gut wrenching and crippling terror...unlike him.

     Minho....

       I hadnt realized i had stopped eating, but sensing something was wrong, jonghyun didnt bark at me and instead knocked against the cold granite to catch my attention. I blinked out of my thoughts and began to apologize, only to be interrupted.

    " What is it? Somethings wrong." He said. i could he expected an answer, and with how bad i always was at lying i doubt i could successfully get away with trying to avoid the question.

     " U-Um...I just...was thinking...Th-thank you...for saving me from...him..." I managed to utter, spooning another bit of broth into my mouth, the warmth soothing and my stomach twisting in a slightly painful way, I hadnt realized how hungry i had really been, and unfortunately it craved something heavier, i'd have to endure it for a while...

     Something in jonghyun changed and he practically radiated anger. "If he ever touches you, you will tell me. understood?" He snapped, to which i responded by nodding quickly, hoping to calm his anger. His eyes dropped in fury and he took a deep lungful of air. " He's no good. He's worse than me." He explained, trying to convince me it seemed. Without even thinking i shrugged, mindlessly swirling the liquid in my bowl.

     " You dont seem so bad..." I sighed, and when i actually processed my own words i looked up. His expression wasnt quite expected, Eyebrows furrowed, lips pressed into a thin line. He looked troubled, as if there was something to say but he wasnt sure how to say it. "Ah...um i mean, you havnt...hurt me..and um.."

       Had i said the wrong thing? Would he snap at moments notice...? Internally i prepared for the worst.

Instead, i flinched when a gentle hand touched my hair. It seemed he was...petting me? I blinked, afraid the touch would end with a harsh hit, but looking up to his eyes, there was sadness there, just as i had seen that night before.

     "Jong...hyun?" i whispered, unsure as to why he was behaving the way he was.Within seconds i realized just how gentle the touch really was, and my eye lids drooped, a slight hum involuntarily coming from my throat.

     " How...innocent..." He breathed, hand moving along my long locks and stopping at my ear. " Im the worst... We all are." He sighed,. i felt his thumb run over my skin, and if i didnt know any better it would have appeared that he was admiring my skin, milky white and unscarred. " You dont know how dangerous it is to think im 'not that bad'." I couldnt lie to myself. When jonghyun was like this it made my stomach do flips. But not from hunger or fear, It was something that i had no idea about. I wished i could decipher it but i had no clue. He pulled his hand away and i binked, eyes fluttering a bit to realize he had leaned closer. " Please dont underestimate me..." He added. It wasnt a threat nor was it hostile. It was a warning...