7

She's Mine Sequel

 

“I finally solved the puzzle.”
 

Author’s POV

Few more months left before Aerin will deliver their very first baby. It was a sunny afternoon that day when Aerin went to Kyuhyun’s company since he called her that they’ll have their lunch together. She was greeted by the employees when she stepped in the company. Walking straight to the elevator and waited for until it opens, took a lifetime for her since most of the employees were looking at her as if she was an artist.

Why are they staring at me?! She quickly entered the elevator when it opened. She was alone until it closed. 3rd floor, 4th floor… When it reached the 7th floor she was surprised to see…

“Aerin-ah~ I didn’t expect you to be here.” A smile formed on her lips when she saw Aerin. After she stepped in the lift, she lightly press the 21st floor button.
“Don’t you have a meeting? As HR airline’s shareholder?” She asked with a small smile. The lady beside her chuckled, “It was rescheduled.”
“…I see.”
There was an awkward silence while the lift kept on going up. Until she turned and asked, “This is kinda embarrassing to ask but…-“ Aerin looked at her with curious face.
“…does HR means HaeRin?”
Aerin went blank for a moment and later, she chuckled, answering, “Dunno Mika. Why did you ask all of a sudden?”
All this time…
“I just remembered that Hae-oppa kept on writing your combined names when we were teenagers.” She giggled.
“Oh… that.” She let out a small smile.
When the elevator stopped at 21st floor, Mika smiled at her, “Let’s catch up with each other again next time! See you… Song Aerin.”

~*~
She arrived at Kyuhyun’s office, welcomed by his husband’s secretary.
“Good to see you Ms. Aerin.” He bowed.
“Oh hi.. good to see you as well. Is Kyuhyun inside?” she asked brightly.
“He went to 21st floor. Do you want me to call him?”
She waved her hands, saying, “No no, I’ll just wait for him inside.”
“U-uhm… Ms. Hyujin is inside.” To her surprise she just giggled, “It’s fine. We’re good friends.” The opposite actually… Kyuhyun’s secretary gave her a nervous look, and signalled her to enter his office.
 

Just be natural. Act kind Aerin.
When she opened the door, a big smile on Hyujin’s face turned to a frown. Aerin rolled her eyes not even bothering to greet her. She went towards Kyuhyun’s desk, placing her bag on his desk.
“Can you please excuse me? That’s my seat.”
Hyujin, who was sitting at Kyuhyun’s armwheel chair, raised her eyebrow. Before she say something, Aerin added, “My husband’s seat actually,” smiling at her afterwards. Without a choice, she moved to the sofa while Aerin hid her smile when she seated.
“Do you have a business with my husband?” she asked, stressing the word ‘my husband’.
“Yes. And it’s none of your business.” She grinned foolishly.
“If I remembered correctly… this is not a waiting room.”
Hyujin crossed her legs, saying, “But Kyuhyun asked me to wait here.”
Not to lose her composure, she answered, “He loves to play pranks. You got deceived easily.”
She chuckled, “I guess you were deceived first.” Aerin just rolled her eyes, taking her phone out, saying, “For at least, I was his first kiss and everything. You? Probably forcing him to do ridiculous things.” She grinned.
Hyujin closed her fists and stood up. She was about to walk towards her but she saw the CCTV around.
“Say whatever you want. But let me tell you one thing, everything changes, even feelings.”

~*~
Kyuhyun rushed to his office seeing Aerin, scribbling random letters at his desk. While her chin was resting on her left palm. She didn't notice him and so, he carefully closed the door, sighing.
He walked carefully towards her as he stared at her.
"Aerin..." Calling out her name softly made her noticed him. She slowly looked up at him with a weak smile plastered on her face.

Stop faking that smile... For all these years, I only know that all of your smiles are the same... but now, I know... which is real and which is not..

She stood up, taking her pouch bag. "Let's go," she smiled again, walking straight to the door without even looking at him. Everything changes, even feelings. She closed her fist trying not to cry or even drop a single tear.
"Did... something happen?"
"None Kyu." She answered, biting her lip.
"I told you that I'll fetch you! Aish!" He messed up his hair. The woman infront of him, turned to look at him disappointingly.
"Why are you yelling at me?! I just wanted to--" He pulled her for a hug.
"...I'm sorry," for everything that happened... he kissed her forehead, "...and, I love you."
 

~*~
It was already almost seven in the evening when Aerin decided to go home instead of waiting for Kyuhyun to pick her up. When she opened the door, to her suprise, there was Donghae smiling widely at her.
"I'll drive you home." he said brightly. The lady infront of her chuckled, pushing him playfully, "I'll wait for him at the lobby a'right? No need to worry." The truth is that, there were couple of times when Aerin and her husband argued because of Donghae, for driving her home.
"Then, I'll accompany you in the lobby until he arrives." Without a choice, she agreed, sighing.

When they arrived in the lobby, she texted Kyuhyun. While they were waiting, they kept on chatting as if they haven't seen each other for months.
"Mika!" Aerin yelled, smiling at the lady who was walking towards the exit. Mika turned, seeing Donghae beside her. He signaled her to sit with them, and so she went towards the waiting area.
"So those voices were from you guys." she chuckled, sitting beside Aerin.
"Omo. You heard it? Embarrassing." Donghae messed Aerin's hair while saying, "It's her fault."
"Aish! Stop it!" She playfully slapped his arm.
"I think I'm disturbing you guys--" she chuckled, "why are you still here by the way?"
"I'm just accompanying her while Kyuhyun isn't here yet." Hae answered.
"I see... you two didn't change at all."
"Nothing changed." he grinned.
Nothing changed... even my feelings.

~*~
Aerin's POV
I woke up hearing the clicks of the mouse. I saw Kyuhyun, sitting at the floor on my side with papers scattered around him, even a violet colored card? It was actually, a mess. I couldn't focus my vision to see what was on his laptop, and so I slowly sat up.
"What's that for Kyu?" I rubbed my eyes. He quickly turned to me.
"It's for the meeting tomorrow. Sorry if I woke you up." He took my hand and kissed it. Afterwards, he rubbed my tummy, saying, "I'm sorry that you both woke up. Appa will try to finish everything now so you can sleep peacefully," he pecked on my tummy that made me smile. He stood up, smiling brightly at me. Caressing my cheek with his hands, I held unto it, "Go to sleep. It's still early." He took the blanket as I slowly lied, covering it to me up to my shoulders.A few minutes later, I drifted to sleep after he started to continuously tap my shoulder lightly.

Staying at home was so boring. Yup, I don't go to the company. I asked for my maternity leave since Kyuhyun told me that I need to stay at home for my safety and for the baby as well. Cooking, watching tv, eating, sleeping, etc. It has been weeks since I had a maternity leave and yet it felt like it was suffocating.
"I'll be back in a few days after meeting the investors." Kyuhyun said, placing his folded clothes in his luggage bag. SAd to say, he is going to Jeju for a business matter. He told me to stay at his parents house instead of staying alone here. And so, I followed him. Well... isn't it better to be with his parents than mine? Just to be close again to his family.

He drove me to their mansion first, welcomed by Auntie, I mean Cho-omma with a big hug.
"Omma~ our baby our baby." Kyuhyun pouted as he separated me from his Mom's tight hug. Some guards took my luggage bag.
"Don't let her go out. She's quite stubborn. Take good care of her." He smiled, pecking his Mom's cheek afterwards.
Ryeowook suddenly appeared carrying a bouquet of white roses. It suddenly reminded me of the roses that I received before... I didn't receive anything now at all.
"Yaa~ Kyu asked me to buy this early in the morning!" he pouted when he handed the bouquet to me. I blushed, knowing that he even asked his cousin for this.
"I'll be late on my flight. I'll call you once I got to the airport." he smiled weakly, pinching my cheeks. I stared at his eyes... it felt like he was hiding something from me. Well... ever since then. The news about him dating someone, Hyujin, I think, surfaced in the whole company before. Right now... I have no idea.
"We'll accompany you to the airport."
"Geez. Stay here. You'll just get tired. I'll be going now." He hugged me, whispering, "I'll miss you. I love you."
"Aigoo~ stop those lovey dovey infront of us." Ryeowook teased.
"I love you too. Take care. Don't forget to eat. And don't tire yourself too much."
"Arasso, arasso." He pecked my lips and hopped inside the car. A few seconds later, he jumped out of the car, went towards me, rubbed my tummy, saying, "Don't come out yet. Wait for Appa."

~*~
It has been three days since he flew to Jeju. He called me last night that he need to extend his stay. Ryeowook suddenly opened the door widely with tea set placed on the tray.
"Omo!"
It was around 9pm that time when he somewhat barged into my room.
"Drink some tea first. This is good for the baby." He said, placing the tray beside the lampshade.
"Hm. Thanks."
"Oh, Ryeong-ah, can I ask you something?"

~*~

Ryeowook and I were supposedly going to the market, however, I asked him a favor last night. Even though he kept on saying no, he ended up... riding with me in the airplane going to Jeju. We arrived there at almost ten in the evening because of the delays in the flight since the weather forecast wasn't good.
"He'll definitely kill me when he knew that his wife travelled all along here with me." He said, rubbing his palms together as he assisted me towards the entrance of the hotel.
We booked our rooms and finally got our keycard. I even asked Kyuhyun's room number. Suddenly, Ryeowook's phone rang. He showed me the caller, it was Cho-omma.
"I'm soooo dead!" He signaled me that he'll talk to her first, more on going to give a pitiful excuse. Sorry, Ryeowook-ssi.
I stepped on the lift going to 9th floor where Kyuhyun was staying. When it stopped, I hopped out of the elevator and started to look for his room. Room 929... I easily found it since it was near the elevator. I pressed the doorbell button once but he didn't open it or probably he's already sleeping. I held on the knob, sighing. OMO. The door wasn't locked.
A smile curled on my lips as I combed my hair using my fingers before opening the door. I slowly entered his room. Quietly and carefully, so that he will be really surprise.
However... I was the one surprised... seeing Kyuhyun wearing his bathrobe, his left hand was on her cheek. She... I mean Hyujin was leaning on the wall... .

~*~

Thank you sooo much for the comments. Specially for the new subscribers, Hi hi! :)
late update again.. sorry for that :<

Why Kyuhyun whyyyyy? :((