Chappie 10

She's Mine Sequel

 

His heart beats fast after seeing her beside the baby’s crib. She just glanced at him who went towards the bed.

“Sleep on the bed.” He said, taking one pillow from the bed. Afterwards, he went towards his closet, grabbing a jacket. He headed to the couch, placed his pillow at the end side, wearing his jacket afterwards.

“Let’s switch places.”

He didn’t answer, but instead he pretended to sleep.

“Stop doing that and get up.”

He didn’t move an inch nor replied. You’re sleeping Kyuhyun, you are. Aerin was actually commanding him to sit up, for around an hour she was waiting for him to follow her. Unfortunately, he didn’t, because he actually fell asleep.

She tried to fight the urge in sleeping but eventually she also did. Until the clock strikes past 2am in the morning, suddenly baby Yongjae cried that woke him up. He immediately went towards him and cuddled it, trying to calm him down.

“Ssh. Appa is here. Don’t cry YongJae-ah.” He took the milk bottle on the crib, realizing that it was already spoiled. Without a choice, he woke her up by lightly caressing its hand, “Aerin-ah..”

She’s probably so tired.

She was still asleep so he lightly tapped her shoulder while carrying Yongjae who was crying nonstop. Aerin stirred from her deep sleep, realizing the cry coming from her son, she immediately got up seeing Kyuhyun trying to make their baby calm. She signaled her to hand him over the baby and he did. She fed it and played the lullaby song on her phone.

Kyuhyun was staring at them. His head was resting at his folded arms above the sofa. “What are you looking at? Just sleep. If you can’t, then don’t bother looking at me.”

“I-I’m not. I’m looking at Yongjae.” He tilted his head to the right. “If I could only rewind the things that happened.. we won’t be like this..”

~*~

They pretended that they were fine, a happy married couple, but behind their mask is a different one.

“Are you still on vacation?” she bluntly asked while they were eating together. To her surprise, Kyuhyun’s dad roughly placed down his chopsticks and left. They all stared at him specially her who didn’t know if there’s something wrong with her question.

“You haven’t told her?” Mrs. Cho asked.

“About what?”

“Nothing special. I just wanna take a break but he didn’t allow me.”

“Then go back to work.” She plainly commented.

“I will. After my vacation.” He grinned, munching the steak afterwards.

~*~

It has been confusing to her especially when she got home. Kyuhyun never went out of the house. He didn’t even touch any paper nor work with his laptop. Because of that, she went directly to Cho’s company.

Knowing her identity, the employees were bowing when they see her. Even in the elevator it was awkward. She stepped backwards when the lift opens if there are more people coming in. Since it was crowded, she wasn’t seen at the back.

“We can really relax if he’s not around.”

“Yup. Not so strict unlike the other.” He chuckled. An employee who knew that Aerin was there, was signaling him to stop talking.

“What?”

The other chuckled, “Probably hate the fact that the previous CEO got kicked out.”

“What?!” She almost shouted. They were surprised to see her at the back. All they did is to apologize but Aerin took their names.

“Relax? Then you aren’t working at all.” She stepped out of the lift.

**Flashback

“Just what is going on Kyuhyun!” His Dad yelled at him as he threw an envelope at his table harshly.

“S-sorry Abeoji. I-I’ll fix this.” He said, with lowering his head.

“Rumors about your third party, about her not going home and the stocks going down drastically!”

“I’m really sorry… Abeoji.” Is all he could say.

“Are those rumors true? Huh?? Is that why you’re not acting as yourself?!”

“I’ll fix this…”

“Are those rumors true? About you and Aerin?”

He didn’t answer, until a tear dropped from his eye.

His Dad placed his palm on his forehead as he closed his eyes, “Step down for awhile.”

“If you can’t fix your personal affair, how can you manage this company? I don’t want to do this but… I beg you to step down from being the CEO.”

Without a choice, he gave up his position. However, the reason that their shareholders know about it, was because he will accompany Aerin since she was about to give birth.

~~*end of flashback

She immediately drove back to the Cho’s mansion, looking puzzled.

All lies.

She went straight to their room, in which she saw him reading some files. Yong Jae is near him, lying on their bed, sleeping peacefully.

“Aren’t you going to the company instead of reading that here?” she asked with a poker face.

Upon hearing her voice, he realized that Aerin was there.

“I’m on vacation right?” he giggled awkwardly while placing the papers back to the envelope.

She chuckled, “Vacation? Aren’t you kicked out from your precious position?” With that statement, he stopped on what he was doing.

“W-where did you hear that from?”he asked, not looking at her.

“Am I easy to fool?” she questioned, pointing at herself, “Does it make you happy? By fooling me?”

Just then, her tears fell down.

“All of them know it. But me? I believed you.”

“I believed your words. Even though you know what I saw at Jeju! I still freaking believed you after this time and yet you’re here fooling me around. Just how many lies did you tell already me? I mean, how many truths did you even tell me? Is there one?”

Think everything as a lie, but when I say that I love you, I really do.” He looked at her in the eyes while saying those words. He closed his fist, fighting the urge not to cry.

“LIAR!” she dashed out of the room, slamming the door. That moment, his tears fell down continuously.

~*~
“Omo! What happened??” She heard her sniffing and couldn’t talk properly.

“I—“ Aerin kept on sobbing. She was covering so Mika won’t hear it to not make her worry.

“Aerin-ah… calm down…” she said softly.

Aerin ended the call since she kept on sobbing. All she did was to text her instead since she needs someone to talk to coz of what happened.

“Geez.”

~~*Flashback

“Mom cooked sushi for us!” Mika hopped towards Aerin who was sitting at the swing at the back of the school.

“Whoa! Really?? I have lobster cake here.” They smiled widely and shared their lunch boxes. They had been friends since they first met each other when they were enrolling.

“Do you know where to get the answer for our English assignment?” Aerin asked as she picked some sushi, dipping it afterwards on the sauce.

“Ya~” she playfully nudged her in her arms.

“Aren’t they looking here??”

“Who?” When Aerin looked up, she only saw the back of the guys and girls not even knowing who was she talking about.

 “Oh, they left.”

“English homework Mika.”

--

When the bell rang, they were left behind since Aerin was arranging her stuffs in her locker as well as her bag.

“Ya~ how long are you going to fix your things?” Mika chuckled as she watched Aerin picking her stuffs on the table and placing it on her locker at the highest column. She was about to grab a chair but suddenly…

“Let me handle that.”

“Oh. Donghae-ssi.”

He smiled brightly.

“Thanks. But I can manage.”

“Let her Aerin. You had been suffering there.” She laughed.

Aerin pouted, letting Donghae do it for her. Afterwards, he offered his hand for handshake.

“Let’s be friends.”He shook Mika’s hand first then Aerin.

“You owe me lunch.” He smiled, placing his hands on his pocket and left.

“What the—“

“Don’t worry, I’ll make one for him.”

Ever since that day, they became friends. The three of them were always together as if they were brothers and sisters. They were best friends and has been admired by others coz they never fought and their bond was the best even though some jealous girls were trying to keep Donghae away from the two.

“Aerin-ah, I lost my phone, can I get Mika’s number again?”

“Hold on.” She took her phone from her pocket and was searching for Mika’s number.

“And yours. Since I don’t have your digits even before.”

“Okay.” She smiled.

--

After a few days, she has been receiving a rose from an unknown person, even chocolates sometimes. They both didn’t know who that was since no one has been showing an interest to her.

“You…”

“Ae-Aerin-ah…” Donghae has been standing next to the locker, holding a rose that Aerin always receives every morning.

“I… really like you. Even before that we became friends. I had been watching you from afar… It’s just that, I really am shy whenever you’re around. It’s okay to get mad but please give me a chance.”

She chuckled, “Ya~ I’m surprised, not mad.”

“J-just don’t tell the others about this. I don’t want them to bother you.”

She agreed with that. Donghae has been tailing the two of them especially Mika since she knows a lot about Aerin. However, he didn’t tell her that he was already courting Aerin.

A few months passed…

“Donghae-ya, I wanted to tell you s-something.” Mika texted.

“I wanted to tell you something too.” He replied.

“Really? Where are you?”

“At the back of the school. Near the swing.”

She hurriedly went there with a big smile on her face. However, when she reached the swing, her smile turned to a frown.

A heart-shaped cake held by one of Donghae’s friend. Red and white petals of roses scattered at the floor. A violin played by one of our classmate. And Donghae, looking like he was proposing to… Aerin.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes.” He immediately hugged her and jumped out of joy.

“She... betrayed me.”

He is my first love. And I want him to be my last love. For all I thought, the things that he was doing was because he likes me… but then, it turned out that he loves her. How could this happen? I didn’t even know anything! It should be me. NOT HER. I thought we share the same feelings, but she… took him from me. I… hate you Song Aerin.

~~*end of flashback

“Karma . Good for you.” Mika said, placing her phone at the bed.

 

~*~

Hii~!! It has been a year ._. I'm reeaaaaaaally sorry for the suuuuuuper late update :(
I'll make it up to y'all coz I'll be updating this regularly yay.
Thanks for those who waited <3 love ya <3
comments, upvotes and subscibe <333